Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Lufthansa Group Questions Here [2016-]

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2018, 5:18 pm

Last Minute Partner Award Q

Not hoping for much, but I wanna check:

Months ago, booked LX ticket with UA miles. Flying AMS-ZRH from 2000-2130 TOMORROW (or, as I am in AMS, TODAY) as part of a AMS-ORD J booking (ZRH-ORD leaving on Saturday, 2 June from 1255-1550; staying in Park Hyatt on transferred UR for the night). Kinda bored with Amsterdam, so I'd like to switch to 1450-1620 LX flight (which has Y availability but not J for 2 (with gf)). United says they can't book a mixed award through Swiss (checked united.com, and there is no Saver J on the 1450 flight; Swiss says it's UA ticket stock so they can't make changes (though I called Swiss at 1800, which was before 2000 when I've read they "take over" the ticket 24h before).

Is there any way I can switch to LX AMS-ZRH at 1450 for <$200/pp? I'd book the ticket via UA Saver Y at 8k miles/ea (me and my gf), but missing 2000 LX flight in AMS would sink my LX J leg the next day, so that's a no-go. Now that I'm within 24h, can I appeal to Swiss? NL phone line dude was super useless: is there a line I can call to get this done?
Old Jun 2, 2018, 8:58 am

Programs: Avis - PP, Bonvoy - Plat, BA - Bro, Hilton - Dia, Miles&More - FTL, Skywards - Sil, Sixt - Plat
Originally Posted by yurtripper
The segments will go with the status miles - you can't separate them as you will need to credit to M&M in order to get them recognised.

As for your idea about using the UA *G but then crediting to M&M for the FFP, yes you can do that but I don't want to repeat all the details here, as there are several threads discussing this kind of thing already (take a look at a recent one on the SK forum for quite a detailed discussion). Suffice to say that you could check-in with UA/MP as the FFP on your reservation but then get it changed to LH/M&M once you go to the lounge. Or you could try showing a physical Gold card at the fast track barrier even if you have a non *G BP for a *A flight (I've done this several times at WAW, for instance). Technically, you don't need to have *G on your BP in order to get lounge access (see the *A T&Cs) but sometimes the lounge staff need reminding of this. Problems might be that lounge staff could alter the FFP to the one you have *G with when you show the Gold card (it happened to me a couple of times recently).
Many thanks, this worked a treat
yurtripper likes this.
Old Jun 5, 2018, 12:14 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by FT-hss
Help please! A buddy has 320K LH miles from his previous travels that he somehow saved from expiring. He would like to use them for 4 economy tickets from PHX to either FRA or Rome/Spain/Japan this summer (flex June 20 to all of July). Is there a thread I can look up how he can save on taxes. Straight tickets on MnM will eat all his miles (which is OK) but also thousands in taxes. I had heard that UA, LOT etc don't have that much taxes when using MnM/LH miles. Any kind soul can help/guide please?
You need to call in. LOT Thai ANA etc have less surcharges.
Old Jun 7, 2018, 12:03 pm

Programs: AA
The other day there were a bunch of empty seats in Premium Economy flight from Buenos Aires. I noticed someone who was the last to board, casually look around and spot these empty seats. I suspected he wasn't seated there, but sat down and enjoyed the bigger seat for the entire flight.

One hour until landing in Frankfurt, the flight attendant had her tablet out and seemed to be checking seats. She asked this person where they were sitting and he pulled out his boarding pass and said that he was seated in the back. He pleaded ignorance, but the flight attendant said that he wasn't supposed to do that and that he would need to pay 450 euro for the upgrade. This person moved back the original seat and it sounded like they weren't charged in the end.

Shouldn't the flight crew check this at the beginning of the trip, instead of the end?

This person didn't end up paying, is that usually what happens?
Old Jun 7, 2018, 1:59 pm

Advice re: 748 best seat(s) & how full does LH499 fly MEX-FRA? Z tix

Used LifeMiles to purchase tix for spouse and myself on LH in Biz to get to South Africa, so we are all set, picked out the seats from MEX>FRA and onwards. Our daughter (25) is coming with us as far as FRA, where she will start grad school later this fall. I put her in coach, 46B, with that huge expanse of extra space/legroom. However, she is petite and super flexible, and I am wondering if I should grab her an aisle seat like 46 D or G where, hopefully, the middle seat next to her remains vacant, and she can lie down across the two seats, OR if I should book a seat in row 16 for an extra $55, where she would have a more intimate cabin experience. Despite many travels all over the world she has a terrible FoF and I am trying to make it easier on her.
Old Jun 8, 2018, 2:11 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by elizadoo
Used LifeMiles to purchase tix for spouse and myself on LH in Biz to get to South Africa, so we are all set, picked out the seats from MEX>FRA and onwards. Our daughter (25) is coming with us as far as FRA, where she will start grad school later this fall. I put her in coach, 46B, with that huge expanse of extra space/legroom. However, she is petite and super flexible, and I am wondering if I should grab her an aisle seat like 46 D or G where, hopefully, the middle seat next to her remains vacant, and she can lie down across the two seats, OR if I should book a seat in row 16 for an extra $55, where she would have a more intimate cabin experience. Despite many travels all over the world she has a terrible FoF and I am trying to make it easier on her.
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/luft...eports-11.html
Old Jun 10, 2018, 5:31 am

Programs: LH HON/AF Gold
Hey, does anybody know if it's possible to remove my booking from the "My Bookings" page of my cockpit on Lufthansa.com or miles-and-more.com?
Old Jun 11, 2018, 5:32 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Apologies if I used the wrong thread for my question,

What *A program is the best to credit LH P (business) booking class?
Old Jun 11, 2018, 6:26 am

Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
Take a look here.
Old Jun 11, 2018, 6:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
Apologies if I used the wrong thread for my question,
https://www.wheretocredit.com/lufthansa/p
Old Jun 11, 2018, 9:57 am

Programs: KL PFL; BA Gold; A3 Silver; EY Silver; SU Silver
I understand that from April 2018 LH allows upgrades to F from P and Z classes to align the policy with LX. However, does LH require the passenger to have SEN/ HON status now (as LX does) or not?
Old Jun 11, 2018, 10:39 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Keter
I understand that from April 2018 LH allows upgrades to F from P and Z classes to align the policy with LX. However, does LH require the passenger to have SEN/ HON status now (as LX does) or not?
No, you don’t need M&M status to upgrade to F. LX does not require status for upgrades to F either. Only SEN/ HON can book F awards on LX but upgrades are not subject to the same rule as far as I know.
Keter likes this.
Old Jun 11, 2018, 4:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Might be flying with LX up to Germany in a couple of weeks, but haven't booked it yet. It's one of those questions, which I knew would catch up with me one day. I am going to order a replacement battery for my 2012 MacBook Pro (which has been a box of endless problems and turned me into an Apple hater, but that's another story). Will I be able to take such a battery with me as hand luggage? I suspect that if the battery is part of the body of a computer/laptop then it won't be a problem, but a battery all by itself? In fact, as I type I realize this is more of an airport security issue, rather than a LH/LX one. But as I will be flying LH/LX I will post it here all the same!
Old Jun 11, 2018, 4:50 pm

Programs: Der 5* FTL
If it is marked properly, I wouldn't expect problems.
I don't know how Apple does it though, seeing as the laptop looks like a unibody design.
Old Jun 11, 2018, 8:33 pm

Dumb question, but first time flying LH in a few days.

On the LH website My Booking page, it lets you add multiple FFNs. How does LH know which one to credit, use for benefits, etc?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.