Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Lufthansa Group Questions Here [2016-]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2018, 11:04 am

Programs: Miles & More FTL
Hi everyone!

I will be flying DUS-GVA on April 1st. The flight is LX4455 (which is a codeshare of EW9748, operated by LGW). It was initially supposed to leave DUS at 18:45 (arrival at 20:10).

Two days ago, I received a schedule change notification from Swiss with a new departure time at 17:45 (arrival at 19:25).

The issue I have is that on Eurowings website, the flight is still scheduled at 18:45 when I do a dummy booking or when I use my PNR to view my flight information.

Can someone confirm that the flight will indeed be leaving at 17:45 and that the Eurowings website just hasn't been updated, so I can confidently book my train to the airport?

Thank you!

Last edited by Anderson24; Mar 9, 2018 at 11:19 am
Old Mar 11, 2018, 3:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Does LOT have Premium Economy seating on the 738? Their seating plan on the website indicates some seats separate from C and Y, but unclear what they are. When booking on Expedia, LOT is the only airline that is coding the 738 leg as Premium Economy. All other options book the short-haul leg into either Business or Coach, so figured they may treat Y+ pax differently.
Old Mar 11, 2018, 5:55 am

Programs: BA,LH,LY,OK
Mixed cabin award booking

Is it possible to book a mixed cabin award? TLV-FRA-SFO in F and return in C? how much would they charge? the full F miles or 50% F 50% C?

Main issue here is that i can't book 2 one-ways as I am originating in TLV and in order to be under the TLV=Europe rule the flight need to originate from TLV, so one-way from SFO-TLV is not an option
Old Mar 11, 2018, 11:41 pm

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by joshwex90
Does LOT have Premium Economy seating on the 738? Their seating plan on the website indicates some seats separate from C and Y, but unclear what they are. When booking on Expedia, LOT is the only airline that is coding the 738 leg as Premium Economy. All other options book the short-haul leg into either Business or Coach, so figured they may treat Y+ pax differently.
LOT have this weird inbetween concept on short haul. I think it's upfront seating, but behind J and no blocked middle seat, but service is business class...
Old Mar 12, 2018, 2:12 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by photographer2012
Is it possible to book a mixed cabin award? TLV-FRA-SFO in F and return in C? how much would they charge? the full F miles or 50% F 50% C?

Main issue here is that i can't book 2 one-ways as I am originating in TLV and in order to be under the TLV=Europe rule the flight need to originate from TLV, so one-way from SFO-TLV is not an option
Yes & yes.

One ways from the US also attract a high surcharge.
Old Mar 12, 2018, 3:36 am

Programs: BA,LH,LY,OK
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Yes & yes.

One ways from the US also attract a high surcharge.
Thanks Oliver, but i didnt understand the last Yes would they chrage 50%C\50%F or 100% from F
Old Mar 12, 2018, 3:36 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

50/50
Old Mar 12, 2018, 8:44 am

Programs: BA Gold (OWE) since 2007, Star Alliance Gold, Jetairways Gold, Sky Team Silver
Hi,

I have 106,948 miles expiring on 31.3. (in 3 weeks). I’m looking for the best flight redemption option for 2 people. Return ticket from Helsinki.

Obvisouly the current bargain of HEL - LAX (or other NA equivalents) for 55,000 miles in business would be great but I’m 3,052 miles short (2x55,000 = 110,000).

I therefore subscribed to the Economist newspaper 2 days ago for which I should get 3,800 miles - enough to cover the shortage. But now I learned that it usually takes at least TWO (2) weeks for the miles to be credited to my account!

Any ideas on how to solve this, i.e. a) earn 3,053 miles credit to my account in 2 weeks and purchase bargain business flights (55,000 miles return in J) or b) what else to do with 106,948 miles???

Thanks in advance!
Old Mar 12, 2018, 8:54 am

Try contacting the economist and tell them you will give it to them in writing that you will not cancel within two weeks and would like to have instant credit. This usually does the job for the GetAbstract people, probably will work here too.

Alternatively transfer hotel points to M&M.
Old Mar 12, 2018, 8:57 am

Programs: BA Gold (OWE) since 2007, Star Alliance Gold, Jetairways Gold, Sky Team Silver
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Try contacting the economist and tell them you will give it to them in writing that you will not cancel within two weeks and would like to have instant credit. This usually does the job for the GetAbstract people, probably will work here too.

Alternatively transfer hotel points to M&M.
Good idea. I already contacted Economist this morning and they said that "it's not dependent on their system" but LH systems. Called LH and they said that it depends on the Economist. So nobody seems to be able to do anything. Economist said it can take up to 4 weeks in worst case scenarios.
Old Mar 12, 2018, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Car Rentals ...

Which number do I give the car rental agency to collect M&M points?

The 9 digit customer number or the 15 digit M&M number?

Thanks!
Old Mar 12, 2018, 9:47 am

15 digit.
Old Mar 12, 2018, 3:18 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Globalist
Short question:
What's Lufthansa availability like for M&M members, in J, from US West Coast airports, for 5x award seats on the same flight?

Longer Question:
My mileage acquisition and spending goal is to get my family of 5 from the US to Europe, in J, as frequently as possible on award tickets that originate from the Pacific Northwest (SEA, YVR or PDX ideally). I've been having good luck with collecting AMEX MR points, transferring them to Flying Blue, and booking on KLM or Air France. Availability's been decent so long as I'm booking nearly a year out.

But, Flying Blue is about to go through a devaluation that (is expected) to more than double the cost of an award flight in J from the West Coast to Europe, from ~125,000 miles RT now, to over 200,000 miles after the switch.

It looks like a R/T award from, say, SEA to FRA on Miles & More in J is still 105,000 miles. When I search for Star Alliance availability on LH, I see essentially none. But, I've also heard that M&M releases more availability to its own members than to Star Alliance members.

So, I'm wondering what availability is like for J on that route with M&M? I don't have the 7,000 miles in my account to check.

If I work to get the half-million+ M&M Miles I'd need to get 5x J tickets, am I likely to find award availability? If it exists, is it bookable several months out, or typically last-minute?
Old Mar 12, 2018, 11:56 pm

Five tickets at once from the west coast are highly unlikely, and would require a lot of flexibility on your part. You might be able to book a couple and then wait to see if more open, but it's a waiting game.

If you are flexible enough to mix and match (LAX, SFO, SJC) (FRA, MUC, ZRH, VIE) then you should have no problem, but you'll have to split your party.
Old Mar 13, 2018, 5:06 am

Programs: M&M FTL
I have a friend who will travel with me, but I'm only FTL so I can't host him in MUC lounge.
so the stupid question: 2 legs trip, stop in MUC, first leg is Business, second is Economy.
would he be able to enter the lounge in MUC if only the first leg is Business?
other ways of accessing for a one time only? can he pay for entrance?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.