[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Lufthansa Group Questions Here [2016-]

Old Jan 1, 2018, 2:16 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by YuropFlyer
So if I don't use a smartphone (or it's battery died, or LH decided that they won't support that smartphone, or actually it requires an update but I don't have mobile data to do that), no more lounge access? I guess that's 5 stars then..

My question was about the delivery time of the physical card, not some silly app I might use as a workaround..
Happy New Year to you too!

My reply just addressed your comment that LDs want to see the physical card which is not what I experience when I use the lounges.
Old Jan 1, 2018, 10:12 am

Hi all, have a question about a potential award booking I may make. Currently planning to return from DUB-mainland USA on EI in J on their A330, I'm considering extending our stay in Ireland a couple of days and there is LH J award availability right now. It would be DUB-FRA-DTW, LH983 and LH442.

LH442 is listed on the United site and LH site as being a 747-400 on my dates in May. All of the current LH442 flights are A330. I'm not familiar with LH and their aircraft really, so is the 747 new, or taking over the route or something? I assume a ride in LH J on a 747 would be highly preferred over the EI A330, especially if we could get an upstairs seat?

Is 1:15 enough time to connect in FRA for first-timers?

Thanks!
Mike
Old Jan 1, 2018, 11:11 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by madmike283
Hi all, have a question about a potential award booking I may make. Currently planning to return from DUB-mainland USA on EI in J on their A330, I'm considering extending our stay in Ireland a couple of days and there is LH J award availability right now. It would be DUB-FRA-DTW, LH983 and LH442.

LH442 is listed on the United site and LH site as being a 747-400 on my dates in May. All of the current LH442 flights are A330. I'm not familiar with LH and their aircraft really, so is the 747 new, or taking over the route or something? I assume a ride in LH J on a 747 would be highly preferred over the EI A330, especially if we could get an upstairs seat?

Is 1:15 enough time to connect in FRA for first-timers?

Thanks!
Mike
I don't know about equiptment, though I agree the 747 will be better.

1:15 is a bit tight for unseasoned travellers, but if you know what you are doing, just haven't been in FRA it should be doable. Or you could get an earlier flight from DUB and enjoy a lounge in FRA.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 1:40 am

Originally Posted by madmike283
If price is the same, the non-stop flight with EI wins hands down: seamless immigration process in DUB and fine hard product. Once upon a time it could be worth connecting in FRA to experience the F set-up on LH's 744. However, that F product is no longer in service and you mentioned that you would travel in J.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 2:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
LH442 FRA-DTW goes to a 744 as of 11-March (six days of 343 before that, and daily 333 in the winter).

Upstairs is of course an iconic ride, but back-connecting in FRA is a little overkill. If the EI flight is nonstop I would just do that.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 8:41 am

Thanks guys, that makes sense and helps a bit. I'll bail on those plans then and consider a similar EI award a couple days later than my original plans.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 9:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Chase Ultimate Rewards 2MM, Diner Club points
Originally Posted by findark
LH442 FRA-DTW goes to a 744 as of 11-March (six days of 343 before that, and daily 333 in the winter).
Very sad that the A333 no longer has F
Old Jan 3, 2018, 5:59 am

Programs: M&M FTL
I have some questions related to mileage accrual.
I have a flight from BLQ to HYD via MUC and BOM.
all of the LH legs are Business (Z), the other connection is (I)

- am I right in saying that I will NOT get any miles for the domestic flight on Jet Airways from BOM to HYD and back?
- the booking page tells me that I will get 15608 miles. but with the Mileage Calculator I enter BLQ-BOM via MUC with 2x (Z) legs and it tells me 14.270 Miles or 16.858 Miles (I'm FTL). which one is the correct one that I will get? and why is it different?
- does the booking page already take into account the 25% bonus for FTLs?

thanks
Old Jan 3, 2018, 7:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Is there a dedicated phone number for F pax? Have a possible WX issue tomorrow at JFK and would like to able to speak with someone that can help.
PM would be great if it's super secret. Thank you.
Old Jan 3, 2018, 7:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by SFO777
Is there a dedicated phone number for F pax? Have a possible WX issue tomorrow at JFK and would like to able to speak with someone that can help.
PM would be great if it's super secret. Thank you.
Yes,

USA number + 855 427 4377

DE freephone 0800 627 0508
Old Jan 3, 2018, 7:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by chris63
Yes,
USA number + 855 427 4377
DE freephone 0800 627 0508
Thanks very much.
Old Jan 3, 2018, 11:26 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by raffa

- am I right in saying that I will NOT get any miles for the domestic flight on Jet Airways from BOM to HYD and back?
Correct. No M&M miles.

- the booking page tells me that I will get 15608 miles. but with the Mileage Calculator I enter BLQ-BOM via MUC with 2x (Z) legs and it tells me 14.270 Miles or 16.858 Miles (I'm FTL). which one is the correct one that I will get? and why is it different?
Miles accrual info on the booking page is not always accurate. 14,270 miles without executive bonus, 16,858 miles with executive bonus.

thanks
See above.
Old Jan 3, 2018, 11:43 am

Programs: M&M FTL
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Correct. No M&M miles.

Miles accrual info on the booking page is not always accurate. 14,270 miles without executive bonus, 16,858 miles with executive bonus.

See above.
exactly.
so each time I want to know about the miles accrual I should do it manually on the other website, since the My Bookings page is not accurate?
that's weird...
but thanks!
Old Jan 3, 2018, 1:43 pm

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by raffa

Hey raffa,
- No, Jet Airways doesn't seem to have any association with M&M
- The booking page miles are sketchy in my experience, but here they look right. The feeder flights BLQ-MUC and back are most likely operated by Air Dolomiti and hence only yield 750 miles in Z (plus bonus). The calculator page is based on the BLQ-MUC flight being operated by LH which would yield 1250 miles in Z (plus bonus). That explains the difference.
- The booking page - in my experience - does not take bonus into account.

Hope this helps. Have safe travels

Primenumber
Old Jan 3, 2018, 1:46 pm

Programs: LH SEN
Sorry for the overlap - had started my reply and then got distracted for a while... Hope my post still adds value...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.