Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Lufthansa Group Questions Here [2016-]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2017, 1:56 pm

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by worldclubber
As far as I remember these are "preferred" seats and will only be shown as available to status passengers.
At least until recently, they have also been available to regular pax, but only shortly before the flight (like, 3 days to a week short)
Old Dec 10, 2017, 4:02 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by TTC192Rocket
Hi folks,

I am flying on OS from HKG-VIE on a 777. I selected 3K, which is a throne seat, which was free when I used the app.

Upon checking my booking today, I noticed the statement where they charge a fee "once such seat has been selected." I hadn't seen this notice before in the app.

Should I worry, and change my seat to a regular seat, or just do nothing for now? The flight is in March. I can move it to a 2-seat row, and then check at T-48 or whenever to see if thrones are opened up.
The seat reservation will be deleted after a few days if you don't pay.... no need to think about it if your flight is in March.
Old Dec 10, 2017, 8:43 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
At least until recently, they have also been available to regular pax, but only shortly before the flight (like, 3 days to a week short)
Yes, I meant free advanced seat reservations.
Old Dec 10, 2017, 3:16 pm

Programs: DL Silver, AC E75K, Chatime Elite
Thank you for your reply; just wanted to clarify that I had selected the seat a few months ago, and it remained that way with no messages about future charges. The fee statement only appeared a few days ago.

Just to be safe, I selected 5G, and will check a few days out to see if the thrones are available for selection.

It appears our flight will feature a premium economy section, so it would be interesting to sit in that mini cabin a la the Swiss 777s. Something else for me to think about...

Originally Posted by oliver2002
The seat reservation will be deleted after a few days if you don't pay.... no need to think about it if your flight is in March.
Old Dec 12, 2017, 7:53 am

Programs: TK*G, AB G ;), HH D
Might not be the best place to ask, but is it possible to interline luggage LO-QR? TLL-ARN positioning to ARN-DOH?
Old Dec 16, 2017, 7:01 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, AS MVP
I'm flying BKK-TPE-CDG-DUS next week, BKK-TPE-CDG on EVA Air and CDG-DUS on Eurowings.
Flight from TPE touches down at CDG at 06:40 and the CDG-DUS flight departs at 08:55, both of them at CDG Terminal 1.

I can take two pieces of cabin luggage with me on the TPE-CDG flight because EVA allows this, but Eurowings only allows on piece of cabin luggage and one piece of checked in luggage. This means I have to clear passport control, go to the Eurowings desk and check in my luggage.

Do you guys think this is possible within that amount time?
Old Dec 16, 2017, 2:08 pm

Originally Posted by Granite64
I'm flying BKK-TPE-CDG-DUS next week, BKK-TPE-CDG on EVA Air and CDG-DUS on Eurowings.
Flight from TPE touches down at CDG at 06:40 and the CDG-DUS flight departs at 08:55, both of them at CDG Terminal 1.

I can take two pieces of cabin luggage with me on the TPE-CDG flight because EVA allows this, but Eurowings only allows on piece of cabin luggage and one piece of checked in luggage. This means I have to clear passport control, go to the Eurowings desk and check in my luggage.

Do you guys think this is possible within that amount time?
Should be no probblem at all, unless the BR flight arrives late.

Was on a similar connection (BR to LH) recently and had plenty of time in the ugly LH lounge at CDG.
Old Dec 16, 2017, 2:52 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, AS MVP
Originally Posted by worldclubber
Should be no probblem at all, unless the BR flight arrives late.

Was on a similar connection (BR to LH) recently and had plenty of time in the ugly LH lounge at CDG.
Thanks a lot! How much time did you have between the BR and LH flight?
Old Dec 17, 2017, 12:04 pm

Programs: LH FTL
Originally Posted by Karl Gustav Annus
Might not be the best place to ask, but is it possible to interline luggage LO-QR? TLL-ARN positioning to ARN-DOH?
from what I know luggage interlining is possible , however it requires a very skillful and willing check-in agent (better a supervisor ..)
Old Dec 17, 2017, 12:37 pm

Originally Posted by Granite64
Thanks a lot! How much time did you have between the BR and LH flight?
arr CDG was 6:40
dep from CDG was 8:45 (to FRA)

enjoy!
Old Dec 18, 2017, 9:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Chase Ultimate Rewards 2MM, Diner Club points
Flying LH from GVA to FRA in business (next day connection to ORD in F) with check baggage. How early to arrive by train to the geneva airport station? LH website says 40 min for eco, 30 for biz check in deadline; how much time between the flight departure time and the train arrival time?

Last edited by rufflesinc; Dec 18, 2017 at 9:11 am
Old Dec 18, 2017, 12:30 pm

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
Originally Posted by rufflesinc
Flying LH from GVA to FRA in business (next day connection to ORD in F) with check baggage. How early to arrive by train to the geneva airport station? LH website says 40 min for eco, 30 for biz check in deadline; how much time between the flight departure time and the train arrival time?
From the airport train station to the LX check-in is about five minutes. Queues for C check-in are usually short, though longer at busy times, like Friday afternoons and around school holidays. Flying in C you will have priority security, which is much improved since a couple of weeks. So arriving at the station 40 min before departure is possible. That said, if this is the last flight of the day, don’t cut it too close. I would try to arrive between 50-60 min before departure and have a bit of a buffer.
Old Dec 18, 2017, 12:40 pm

I had booked 4 one way tickets , two adults and two kids (even though was infant 20 months)ticket from SFO to BOM via FRA , We missed my connection from FRA to BOM and were rebooked on air-india flight FRA to DEL to BOM , but we just had 2 adults 1 kid and 1 infant ticket from FRA to DEL and BOM even though I paid for kid ticket , is there a way to get a partical refund and what is the path of least resistance
Old Dec 18, 2017, 1:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Chase Ultimate Rewards 2MM, Diner Club points
Originally Posted by MichielR
So arriving at the station 40 min before departure is possible. That said, if this is the last flight of the day, don’t cut it too close. I would try to arrive between 50-60 min before departure and have a bit of a buffer.
LH flight departs GVA at 10:55am, train (ticket will actually be bus+train combo from ski resort) arrives airport station 09:57am. There is only one more flight that day at 2:55pm
Old Dec 18, 2017, 4:25 pm

Originally Posted by rufflesinc
LH flight departs GVA at 10:55am, train (ticket will actually be bus+train combo from ski resort) arrives airport station 09:57am. There is only one more flight that day at 2:55pm
Thats enough time if everything is on time.

Considering winter might mean delays especially from buses I wouldnt cut it that tight myself, though.
rufflesinc likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.