Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Lufthansa Group Questions Here [2016-]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2017, 12:35 am

Originally Posted by epslvdr
1) How do I get my boarding passes? Will it be given to me once I check-in at Manila?
2) Will my bags be checked in until my final destination?
3) I have very short connecting time at each airport. Will the transfer desks assist me?
4) If I dont get my boarding passes in Manila, where should I get them?
1) You should (see 4)
2) Yes, you will see your bags in DUS, but you'll go through a passport control in VIE (and MUC on your way out)
3) Define "assist". Should you not have BPs, they will help you with that. Also you have a couple of hours at each stop, those are more than sufficient time at VIE, MUC, and HKG.
4) You can always try to check-in online, however I'm not sure it will work since your first segment is on PH.

Also, all this is valid only if this is on the same ticket (which I assume it is, since you say you booked through OS). Enjoy your trip!
Old Jul 3, 2017, 9:46 pm

Smile

Originally Posted by malmostoso
1) You should (see 4)
2) Yes, you will see your bags in DUS, but you'll go through a passport control in VIE (and MUC on your way out)
3) Define "assist". Should you not have BPs, they will help you with that. Also you have a couple of hours at each stop, those are more than sufficient time at VIE, MUC, and HKG.
4) You can always try to check-in online, however I'm not sure it will work since your first segment is on PH.

Also, all this is valid only if this is on the same ticket (which I assume it is, since you say you booked through OS). Enjoy your trip!
Thank you malmostos!!!! I appreciate your help!
Old Jul 5, 2017, 8:06 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Does anyone know how long it normally takes an SAS (within Europe) segment to credit to M&M?

Thanks!
Old Jul 5, 2017, 9:03 am

Originally Posted by LTN Phobia
Does anyone know how long it normally takes an SAS (within Europe) segment to credit to M&M?
Slightly longer compared to other partners (at least in my experience), but normally in my account within 3/5 days. Still not bad thinking how long it does take for any LH/LX/OS activity to appear on EuroBonus

G
Old Jul 5, 2017, 9:42 am

Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK
Slightly longer compared to other partners (at least in my experience), but normally in my account within 3/5 days. Still not bad thinking how long it does take for any LH/LX/OS activity to appear on EuroBonus

G
Thanks very much. I suppose it's not too far off the ballpark still, then.
I should probably just be patient given I will have to wait 14 days before filing a claim anyway.
Old Jul 7, 2017, 7:16 am

Im trying to claim missing miles to my M&M account.

Was originally scheduled fly OS to VIE, but got rebooked on SN due to flight cancellation.

The miles are still not credited, two weeks later, so I want to claim them with the online form. When I enter all the information on the SN flight from the boarding pass on the form, I'm facing a problem with the eticket number: they only give enough room for 10 digits, whilst my eticket number is 12 digits long; 082-xxxxxxxxxx-01.

Is there any way to resolve this issue?

Thanks again!!

Last edited by NiCre; Jul 7, 2017 at 7:31 am
Old Jul 7, 2017, 12:30 pm

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
Originally Posted by NiCre
Im trying to claim missing miles to my M&M account.

Was originally scheduled fly OS to VIE, but got rebooked on SN due to flight cancellation.

The miles are still not credited, two weeks later, so I want to claim them with the online form. When I enter all the information on the SN flight from the boarding pass on the form, I'm facing a problem with the eticket number: they only give enough room for 10 digits, whilst my eticket number is 12 digits long; 082-xxxxxxxxxx-01.

Is there any way to resolve this issue?

Thanks again!!
You don't use the -01 in the number. It indicates the first coupon of the ticket as a remnant from the days of paper tickets.
Old Jul 9, 2017, 4:27 am

Originally Posted by LTN Phobia
I now have my own data point. It took 10 days on this occasion.
Old Jul 10, 2017, 6:33 am

Programs: AYPlat, BASilver, SQG
does LH open 1st row blocked seats in short-haul J before OLCI?
if connected to/from F-class, any chance to get a seat in row 1, call center wasn't able to help.

sorry if answered somewhere, couldn't find.....
Old Jul 10, 2017, 6:40 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Row 1 is usually reserved for SEN/HON and connecting F. I personally don't like row 1 in regional C because you can't strech your legs and have to store all carry ons in the OH bin.
Old Jul 11, 2017, 2:45 am

Programs: Bunch of mid-tiers
I am scheduled to fly tonight TXL-FRA on an cheap economy light fare. Then tomorrow, on a separate PNR/ticket # I'll fly FRA-IAD in J.

My plans have now changed a lot today and I'm now considering no showing for tonight's flight and making my way to FRA via an alternate earlier route.

Since the two tix are entirely separate, any worries here about this? Both appear in my M&M itineraries, but that the only link. I normally wouldn't worry about this but a friend ran into trouble with Swiss doing the same thing. Also, better to cancel tonight's in the app (if it will let me) or just no-show. I understand I'll lose the $ for the TXL-FRA flight, but is wasn't much.
Old Jul 11, 2017, 3:05 am

Originally Posted by ctbarron
Since the two tix are entirely separate, any worries here about this?
No worries about this.

I normally wouldn't worry about this but a friend ran into trouble with Swiss doing the same thing.
Can you elaborate? I'm curious.
Old Jul 11, 2017, 4:14 am

Programs: Bunch of mid-tiers
Originally Posted by mmff
No worries about this.

Can you elaborate? I'm curious.
Sure. Friend of mine skipped the return flight on a RT ticket on LX from Milan to Zurich (a colleague drove him instead). When he got to ZUR they'd cancelled a separate ticket ZUR-LAX, which was the return leg of a separate flight (he took the first LAX-ZUR).

LX gave him some story about if the two flights were within 24 hours their system linked them or something like that. Of course it could have been some other screw up. My friend swears he did everything correctly (showed up within cutoffs, etc) and is an experienced flyer. Swiss reinstated his flight, but a big pain. Never heard of this happening, but I wanted to double check.
Old Jul 11, 2017, 4:52 am

Friend of mine skipped the return flight on a RT ticket on LX from Milan to Zurich (a colleague drove him instead). When he got to ZUR they'd cancelled a separate ticket ZUR-LAX, which was the return leg of a separate flight (he took the first LAX-ZUR).
I'd say this happened because the nested return tickets were flagged in the system, not because he skipped a segment.

LX gave him some story about if the two flights were within 24 hours their system linked them or something like that.
First time I hear this. It certainly does not happen the other way around. For example, they will not protect your connection on separate tickets within 24 hours if you need to position yourself for a long-haul journey starting ex-EU.

Hopefully someone more knowledgeable than me will be able to shed light on this.
Old Jul 12, 2017, 7:57 am
Marriott 10+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Bonvoy LT Gold, IHG Gold, BAEC Silver, TP Silver
Is it just me or I can't manage my bookings since yesterday July 11?
I click on "My Bookings" under my profile or "View Booking" under "Book & Manage" and I still get the same error message:

The tab name (page name) says "Generic Error" and I get this "Do you need Help with booking online?" with a phone number and a "How can I pay" link.....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.