[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Lufthansa Group Questions Here [2016-]

Old May 3, 2017, 11:36 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by FlyingHoustonian
Greetings,

I am flying EWR-FRA in business on the 747-8i later in May and was curious if all of you frequent LH flyers think the upperdeck is he better option for seating or maindeck? Seatguru has mixed reviews, and I have only done the 744 and 380 before.

Danke
Some suggestions may be found in this thread.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufth...e-reports.html

If you are travelling alone and don't mind not having a window seat, the middle seats (D, G) on the main deck give you more space as well as aisle access without being climbed over by your seat neighbor. I have only sat on the upper deck. I believe rows 81 and 82 are reserved for M&M's own status passengers, though row 81 should be avoided due to its proximity to the lavatory. Some people like row 83 as no one will grab the back of your seat to get up. I have also sat in 88K on a packed flight and survived!
Old May 4, 2017, 11:40 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glb, MR Plat
Are mixed cabin awards allowed? Looking to book LAX-MUC (F) MUC-JTR (Y or J) but can't seem to pull up a sample booking when I see both separately available..
Old May 5, 2017, 12:29 am

Programs: EUROBONUS SILVER
Lot doesnt allow me to check-in for my schengen flight. It says ticket problem, please check-in at airport.

I am assuming either overbooking or upgrade?
Old May 5, 2017, 1:01 am

Originally Posted by frudd38
Are mixed cabin awards allowed? Looking to book LAX-MUC (F) MUC-JTR (Y or J) but can't seem to pull up a sample booking when I see both separately available..
Must be a married segment problem. I'm not sure how to solve it, maybe search in the forum for such keyword or just call in. If the long haul is in F the short haul will be in J.
Old May 7, 2017, 12:08 pm

Programs: Mainly Hilton Hhonors, SAS Eurobonus
Can one choose a seat for free on OS as a StarAlliance Gold?

Asking because I could on one of my flights and could only purchase on another of my flights.
Both flights are operated by Austrian.

(I couldn't choose a seat on my connecting OS flights which are operated by Air Berlin which I'm assuming is a different matter).
Old May 9, 2017, 3:24 pm

Programs: IB+ Emerald (Platino), M&M Senator (Gold), Meli Rewards Platino, NH Platinum
Hey.
It will my first time on LH A380 flying in Y (unless I do an UPG with M&M miles, but its not that easy as its a UA ticket). Which seat is better? 76K (emergency exit) or any window seat on the upper desk (with nicer configuration 2-4-2)?

Thanks

M.
Old May 9, 2017, 11:54 pm

If you prefer legroom: 76A&K

If you prefer a (hopefully) more quiet atmosphere: Upperdeck

Personally I'd go for 76A&K, but in the end it depends on your personal preferences (and, to some extend, your height..)
Old May 10, 2017, 2:00 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by Marcin83
Hey.
It will my first time on LH A380 flying in Y (unless I do an UPG with M&M miles, but its not that easy as its a UA ticket). Which seat is better? 76K (emergency exit) or any window seat on the upper desk (with nicer configuration 2-4-2)?

Thanks

M.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufth...post-here.html
Old May 17, 2017, 3:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by FlyingHoustonian
Greetings,

I am flying EWR-FRA in business on the 747-8i later in May and was curious if all of you frequent LH flyers think the upperdeck is he better option for seating or maindeck? Seatguru has mixed reviews, and I have only done the 744 and 380 before.

Danke
Having flown on a 744 upper Deck once, I loved it, it's quite, and not much foot traffic. The upper deck is my choice unless I was in the pointy part of the plane.
Old May 18, 2017, 4:34 pm

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Welcome the Lufthansa Group/Miles & More Forum Newbie Lounge!

The Newbie Lounge is a place where no question is too stupid, nothing is taken for granted, and where you can ask anything about Lufthansa Group and Miles & More you were afraid to ask elsewhere, or weren't sure where to ask. The LH/M&M Forum Newbie Lounge first started in 2011 following several examples of successful newbie lounges in other FT forums. I hope this thread serves as a useful resource for people new to Lufthansa, LH Group of airlines, the M&M programme and FlyerTalk in general.

If you are M&M old-timers, please feel free to contribute answers here just as you normally do in the rest of the Lufthansa/M&M forum. But make sure to leave "do a search" or at the door before entering. Also please limit the use of acronyms. If you're going to use an acronym, try and define it first.
I'm going to Tomorrowland 2017 at the end of July, It's in Belgium. Am I in the right forum? What's the cheapest way to get there? I hope my question wasnt too stupid
Old May 18, 2017, 5:02 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by AlbertSmith
I'm going to Tomorrowland 2017 at the end of July, It's in Belgium. Am I in the right forum? What's the cheapest way to get there? I hope my question wasnt too stupid
Your question isn't stupid but it is not related to Lufthansa Group of airlines. I suggest you try the Europe forum which can be found under Destinations.
Old May 19, 2017, 12:37 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Brussels Airlines is/was a major sponsor of Tomorrowland, this year they even repainted an aircraft and called it 'amare': https://press.brusselsairlines.com/b...-create-amare#

No special fares though.
Old May 19, 2017, 3:36 am

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Brussels Airlines is/was a major sponsor of Tomorrowland, this year they even repainted an aircraft and called it 'amare': https://press.brusselsairlines.com/b...-create-amare#

No special fares though.
But they do have special flights... I found myself the only "normal" passenger in one of these flights last year, wearing a suit and tie between 120 party-goers. They played loud music over the PA and dimmed the lights to do a little show with light effects during cruise flight. Interesting experience
Old May 19, 2017, 3:37 am

It would be useful to know your home airport, since otherwise it's hard to give any advice.
Old May 19, 2017, 11:09 am

Programs: UA 1P-1MM, Marriott LT Titanium
Does the *A upgrade tool still work for waitlisting a mileage upgrade?

Link: https://muaenduser.staralliance.com/...lh&coBrand=de#

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.