Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Lufthansa Group Questions Here [2016-]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2016, 3:31 am

Programs: SAS EBS / *A Silver, Hilton Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Platinum Ambassador
Warning: This question will be very Flyertalkish

I noticed that there seem to be few versions of Miles & More cards, with logos of different airlines participating in programme. All seem to have a small Lufthansa logo as part of Miles&More logo but large logo varies - I found pictures with Lufthansa, Swiss or Austrian logo.

Now, as someone who considers joining Miles & More (following recent oneworld enhancements) but doesn't really like Lufthansa - how do I get card with Swiss logo instead of Lufthansa logo?

Thanks
Old Aug 24, 2016, 3:59 am

It depends on where your profile is registered.

When I lived in Poland I had the blue card with LOT logo, when I moved to Germany, the FTL card came with LH logo.
Old Aug 24, 2016, 4:02 am

Programs: SAS EBS / *A Silver, Hilton Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Platinum Ambassador
Thank you. So I'm bound to end up with Lufty or Austrian logo..
Old Aug 24, 2016, 8:49 am

Programs: LH SEN, QR Gold, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5-star
I have a longhaul Y LH flight on UA codeshare. I understand pre selection seats is a mess in my case but through the M&M website I was able to select seat on my LH flight which also show up and the LH website. But offcourse I want those emergency exit seats which are unavailable through M&M website but show available if I do a dummy booking. Can the Senator hotline help me in this case or do I have to be patient until OLCI?
Old Aug 25, 2016, 6:12 pm

Business Class Ticket Exchange

The gist of it:

The better half and I are planning our honeymoon and I realized we can get the extra in Cape Town we desire with a Lufthansa flight from LAX-FRA, then FRA-CPT since both are redeyes and won't necessitate taking an extra day off work.

I have tons of miles among various programs but not Lufthansa. Additionally, business class tickets are not showing up among any alliance partners.

Is there some forum/exchange anyone knows of in which I could essentially swap an award flight for an award flight?

I'm envisioning a fair deal being negotiated in that someone books the Lufthansa flight I need (one-way) and I'll book an award flight for them using an agreed-upon number of miles in a diff program.

Or better yet - if anyone knows how to find biz class award availability beyond the 15 days out without using MM, that would be appreciated!

Thanks!
Old Aug 26, 2016, 11:01 am

Programs: Bonvoy Gold
LH Newbie: SEA-Baltics

Using Star Alliance metal, and in particular LH, is outside where I'm most experienced. I thought I'd throw this out to the experts before spending the miles this week.

I'm planning a ~10-day vacay in late SEP / early OCT to the Baltics. It looks like my best option is SEA-FRA and then FRA to any of the Baltic capitals (TBD).
The first leg is a 747-400, a plane on which Mrs EkekoBWI has never been, and she would like the upper deck to make it a bit more special. There seems to be ample availability for all legs.

Total miles required is 280k (2x 70k pp). I have:
40k UA miles
228 Chase points (1:1 to UA)
80k SPG points (2:1 to UA, but with 20-->25k bonus)
550k AA miles, which do not seem relevant based on the research I've done

My prioritized preferences: can be covered with the miles I have; minimize legs; A380 or 747; good hard product; good soft product; and short layovers (happy to do an overnight in transit, if need be); avoid early AM flights; IFE (we bring our own, so just need power)

Questions
1. Is SEA-FRA-Baltic Capital (e.g. VNO) all on LH metal (incl 747-400) the best option?
2. Is there an alternative to using SPG points at the poor 2:1 conversion since I'd otehrwise be ~12k short of 280k UA miles?
3. Any better ideas, given my prefs, travel window, and destinations?

TIA
Old Aug 26, 2016, 11:13 am
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
Originally Posted by EkekoBWI
Using Star Alliance metal, and in particular LH, is outside where I'm most experienced. I thought I'd throw this out to the experts before spending the miles this week.

I'm planning a ~10-day vacay in late SEP / early OCT to the Baltics. It looks like my best option is SEA-FRA and then FRA to any of the Baltic capitals (TBD).
The first leg is a 747-400, a plane on which Mrs EkekoBWI has never been, and she would like the upper deck to make it a bit more special. There seems to be ample availability for all legs.

Total miles required is 280k (2x 70k pp). I have:
40k UA miles
228 Chase points (1:1 to UA)
80k SPG points (2:1 to UA, but with 20-->25k bonus)
550k AA miles, which do not seem relevant based on the research I've done

My prioritized preferences: can be covered with the miles I have; minimize legs; A380 or 747; good hard product; good soft product; and short layovers (happy to do an overnight in transit, if need be); avoid early AM flights; IFE (we bring our own, so just need power)

Questions
1. Is SEA-FRA-Baltic Capital (e.g. VNO) all on LH metal (incl 747-400) the best option?
2. Is there an alternative to using SPG points at the poor 2:1 conversion since I'd otehrwise be ~12k short of 280k UA miles?
3. Any better ideas, given my prefs, travel window, and destinations?

TIA
Please don't transfer SPG to UA like that, you're losing a lot of value. There are plenty of people (including myself) who would trade you SPG <> UA 1:1 on the Coupon Connection forum (which you can access based on your post count).

If you have Amex points, you could book using Air Canada for 57.5k miles *4, but you'd have to pay fuel surcharges. Your UR points (and SPG) transfer to Singapore which can also book this with surcharges for 65k *4.
Old Aug 27, 2016, 6:26 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by Mark Depew
Is there some forum/exchange anyone knows of in which I could essentially swap an award flight for an award flight?
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/techn...er-thread.html
Old Aug 27, 2016, 5:37 pm

Hi all, I received an email about involuntary change of my SJC-FRA-DME flight schedule extending my connection time in FRA by 1 hour. When I called LH to ask about alternatives including departing from SFO, I was told that distance between SJC and SFO is listed as ~380 miles in LH system and therefore SFO is not considered a nearby airport eligible for a free route change. This distance seems very odd and I checked that they were not looking at some other location called San Jose but they kept saying the distance was correct and so I would have to pay extra for departing from SFO. Has anyone encountered this issue or successfully changed between SFO/SJC?
Old Aug 27, 2016, 6:12 pm
ssh

Programs: UA 1K (MM), MR Plat Prem, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by rince
Hi all, I received an email about involuntary change of my SJC-FRA-DME flight schedule extending my connection time in FRA by 1 hour. When I called LH to ask about alternatives including departing from SFO, I was told that distance between SJC and SFO is listed as ~380 miles in LH system and therefore SFO is not considered a nearby airport eligible for a free route change. This distance seems very odd and I checked that they were not looking at some other location called San Jose but they kept saying the distance was correct and so I would have to pay extra for departing from SFO. Has anyone encountered this issue or successfully changed between SFO/SJC?
Ummm...

It's a 36 mile drive. HUCA? That agent is definitely mistaken. On UA, all Bay Area airports are considered the same for these calculations: OAK, SFO, SJC.
Old Aug 27, 2016, 6:31 pm

Originally Posted by ssh
Ummm...

It's a 36 mile drive. HUCA? That agent is definitely mistaken. On UA, all Bay Area airports are considered the same for these calculations: OAK, SFO, SJC.
Thanks, just called LH again and a different agent ( who sounded less German ) did offer me convenient SFO options.
Old Aug 29, 2016, 11:24 am

Programs: A3*G, Marriott Gold, Hilton Honors Gold, Radisson Rewards Premium
Hi all. Just wondering if anyone has any experience with OS unblocking intra-EU J seats at all. I'm booked on a FRA-VIE flight on an E190 as part of a more complicated routing and all 3 rows that make up J class are blocked. I've spoken to OS on the phone and asked their facebook team (who were able to unblock seats for me in the past) but nobody can do anything. It seems really bad form to me to advertise free seat selection as part of business class fares and then not offer any seats for selection. I can see from EF that the seats are blocked not occupied.

Any ideas if/when seats will be unblocked, and if there's a way to persuade someone at OS to unblock them at all?

Thanks in advance!
Old Sep 1, 2016, 10:12 am

Hi there!

Two question for LufthansaGermanAirlines (Or anyone else who knows)

1)
a) Single ticket BNA-IAD-FRA-TXL.
b) UA operating the BNA-IAD flight for LH, arriving Concourse B
c) IAD-FRA departs from Concourse D
c) Will I reclaim my bag in IAD then have to recheck? Or is my bag checked through from BNA to TXL and I need only get myself to the gate?

2)
a) I connect through FRA to TXL
b) Will I need to claim bag, clear customs & immigration in FRA, then recheck and re-security for the FRA-TXL flight?

Danke!
Old Sep 1, 2016, 10:38 am
ssh

Programs: UA 1K (MM), MR Plat Prem, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by webslog
Hi there!

Two question for LufthansaGermanAirlines (Or anyone else who knows)

1)
a) Single ticket BNA-IAD-FRA-TXL.
b) UA operating the BNA-IAD flight for LH, arriving Concourse B
c) IAD-FRA departs from Concourse D
c) Will I reclaim my bag in IAD then have to recheck? Or is my bag checked through from BNA to TXL and I need only get myself to the gate?

2)
a) I connect through FRA to TXL
b) Will I need to claim bag, clear customs & immigration in FRA, then recheck and re-security for the FRA-TXL flight?

Danke!
First, that BNA flight will arrive in C or D if it's one of the UA flights.

Second, no pick up of baggage in IAD.
Old Sep 1, 2016, 10:51 am

Originally Posted by ssh
First, that BNA flight will arrive in C or D if it's one of the UA flights.

Second, no pick up of baggage in IAD.
D'oh! Yup. I mis-copied.

Thanks for your assistance. Last time I travelled internationally was in 1988, so I'm beyond rusty.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.