Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Lufthansa Group Questions Here [2016-]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2016, 6:27 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Elchay
Hi, I booked a Lufthansa ticket using Aeroplan miles. How can I get the Lufthansa record locator?
Have you contacted Aeroplan?
Old Jul 6, 2016, 8:08 am

hi
I have small question
I booked economy ticket in lufthansa . now I would like to modify it .
after going to rebook page and choosing different flight ; it show "Your rebooking results in a refund " even when I choose business class ticket . is that real? any explanation?
Old Jul 8, 2016, 12:50 am
Carlson Contributor Badge

Programs: M&M FTL, Miles+Bonus Gold
As you know, with LH you can book flight with train connection within Germany cities, is it mandatory to use the train segments as well? I dont care about miles from train segments but i dont want to have a nice "suprise" and not to be able to board because I didnt use my train segments.

For eg train from Cologne to FRA and then flight from FRA to rest of the world?!

thank you
Old Jul 8, 2016, 1:59 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by GBobon
As you know, with LH you can book flight with train connection within Germany cities, is it mandatory to use the train segments as well? I dont care about miles from train segments but i dont want to have a nice "suprise" and not to be able to board because I didnt use my train segments.

For eg train from Cologne to FRA and then flight from FRA to rest of the world?!

thank you
It should be ok to skip the train segments. Just make sure to check in online for the train segments before departure.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufth...l-segment.html
Old Jul 8, 2016, 2:05 am

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
It should be ok to skip the train segments. Just make sure to check in online for the train segments before departure.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufth...l-segment.html
Thank you a lot for your input, if i decide to book this option i will return with feedback. have a great weekend ahead
Old Jul 10, 2016, 10:54 am

Programs: MM silver, Flying blue Platinum, A3 gold, Marriott platinum, IHG gold
I had 2 Turkish airlines flights, booked originally in class L but then upgraded to business class J which should earn 150% of the miles flown. I realised that they credited miles as economy L. I sent feedback to MM by email (through their web page) and after one week stitll economy miles credited. Any advice?
Old Jul 11, 2016, 1:45 am

Hi guys, does anyone know who many miles I will get from following flights? because of multi-city ticket, LH doesnt show the booking classes http://goo.gl/flights/Y8bR
Old Jul 11, 2016, 4:34 am

Originally Posted by Mbcan
I had 2 Turkish airlines flights, booked originally in class L but then upgraded to business class J which should earn 150% of the miles flown. I realised that they credited miles as economy L. I sent feedback to MM by email (through their web page) and after one week stitll economy miles credited. Any advice?
In general an upgraded ticket earns accordingly to the original booking class. Was the ticket reissued with a new booking class?

I see this very difficult to be honest, maybe try contacting the lurkers in their thread.
Old Jul 11, 2016, 4:35 am

Hi guys, does anyone know who many miles I will get from following flights? because of multi-city ticket, LH doesnt show the booking classes http://goo.gl/flights/Y8bR
Impossible to say without the booking classes. You should use a travel agent or try a booking over the phone.
Old Jul 11, 2016, 5:43 pm
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
Just re-build your itinerary in ITA Matrix and you'll be able to see what fare classes are used.
Old Jul 13, 2016, 1:10 am

Programs: MM silver, Flying blue Platinum, A3 gold, Marriott platinum, IHG gold
Originally Posted by malmostoso
In general an upgraded ticket earns accordingly to the original booking class. Was the ticket reissued with a new booking class?

I see this very difficult to be honest, maybe try contacting the lurkers in their thread.
Well, might be difficult to accept it but I had business class (booking class J, which earns 150% miles flown, according to MM page) and I will try to get miles which I should. In very honest way
Old Jul 13, 2016, 1:49 am

Programs: SQ G, LH FTL, UA S, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Mbcan
Well, might be difficult to accept it but I had business class (booking class J, which earns 150% miles flown, according to MM page) and I will try to get miles which I should. In very honest way
How did you "upgrade" to J? Unless you up-fared your ticket to J, you have no basis to claim those miles...
Old Jul 13, 2016, 12:57 pm

Programs: LH FTL, US AmEx Platinum
I recently obtained FTL status and was curious if upgrades, even to premium economy, were possible in the lowest fare classes? I'm assume it's unlikely, but I figured I would ask.

7/20 - LH404 - FRA-JFK - Econ L
7/25 - LH403 - EWR-FRA - Econ K

Also, should I take my chances on bidding for an upgrade (Plusgrade)? For now the flights seem to have a few empty rows in economy, so I may just be able to hang in the back and get a row to myself. I'm not too concerned with the flight to JFK, but would prefer some extra space to sleep on the way back to FRA, since I will head to the office after getting off the flight.

Thanks
Old Jul 14, 2016, 1:13 am

Programs: SQ G, LH FTL, UA S, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC
Your chances of getting upgraded are virtually zero. FTL is also virtually worthless

You may get an offer to buy up to Premium Eco or Business at check-in as well, but the amounts they're asking for (as well as Plusgrade) are completely ridiculous.
Old Jul 14, 2016, 1:42 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
What is the fare bucket R in LH inventory and for what booking purpose it can be used?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.