Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Lufthansa Group Questions Here [2016-]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2017, 12:12 am

There's this list put together by @oliver2002, but I'm not aware of anything "official": http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/27769712-post23.html
Old Aug 13, 2017, 12:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Red259
If I am flying NYC to FRA which is the best airport in NYC to depart from if flying F (I'm thinking of things like lounges etc). Is the inflight product the same no matter the airport? Also I intend to book a partner award. I do not see any return availability yet, but I have been told that they usually don't up award availability to partners until like 2 weeks out and right now its about 3 weeks.
Where do you live? You closer to JFK or EWR? That is the best way to choose in my book.
Old Aug 13, 2017, 2:16 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
If I am flying NYC to FRA which is the best airport in NYC to depart from if flying F (I'm thinking of things like lounges etc). Is the inflight product the same no matter the airport?
For the most part yes and it does not depend on the airport.

LH401 (i.e. the earlier flight from JFK) is usually a A388, while the other flight from JFK and the flight from EWR are usually B748. I personally prefer the A388, as it is much quieter, the layout of the first class is better (since it is not in the nose of the plane) and it has the large bathroom with a urinal. The choice between the two plane types, however, is entirely a first world problem. You will get the same great seat, the same PJ and amenity kit, the same food and drink etc. on any LH plane in F class.

Loungewise, I would probably prefer the F-lounge at JFK.
Old Aug 13, 2017, 11:38 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
If I fly in to FRA on LH in F and then have a connection to a J class LH flight the same day (the connecting flight doesn't offer F seats) am I allowed to use the F facilities at Frankfurt or only J? My understanding is I can use the F facilities since its the same day. It would be an early morning arrival and a late evening departure. Given that I would like to leave the airport for the day and go into the city. Would this create any problem with getting into the F facilities when I return to the airport since I am coming back through security etc?

Last edited by Red259; Aug 13, 2017 at 11:45 pm
Old Aug 13, 2017, 11:58 pm

You can enjoy the F service when you return to the airport.
Old Aug 14, 2017, 1:25 am

If I fly in to FRA on LH in F and then have a connection to a J class LH flight the same day (the connecting flight doesn't offer F seats) am I allowed to use the F facilities at Frankfurt or only J? My understanding is I can use the F facilities since its the same day. It would be an early morning arrival and a late evening departure. Given that I would like to leave the airport for the day and go into the city. Would this create any problem with getting into the F facilities when I return to the airport since I am coming back through security etc?
No problem. Just head directly to the FCT when you return to FRA.
Old Aug 14, 2017, 3:11 am

Originally Posted by mmff
No problem. Just head directly to the FCT when you return to FRA.
Thanks for the response. I messed up with my first booking and had booked a late night flight on Turkish Airlines which wouldn't have gotten me in to the FCT. I called back and had to pay $20 extra to switch my booking but was able to get a connecting flight in LH metal that will give me from 5:30am-12:55 pm in the terminal, so I am super excited about that. It didn't even occur to me until today that it was possible to work this out, so now I am pretty hyped up about it. Even better with the connection to IST for some reason it costs me 5k less miles than if I terminated in FRA.
Old Aug 14, 2017, 4:13 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Thanks for the response. I messed up with my first booking and had booked a late night flight on Turkish Airlines which wouldn't have gotten me in to the FCT. I called back and had to pay $20 extra to switch my booking but was able to get a connecting flight in LH metal that will give me from 5:30am-12:55 pm in the terminal, so I am super excited about that. It didn't even occur to me until today that it was possible to work this out, so now I am pretty hyped up about it. Even better with the connection to IST for some reason it costs me 5k less miles than if I terminated in FRA.
Enjoy the experience. Would recommend to enjoy both an FCL in the terminal as well as the FCT later on, as the layover seems to be too short for a trip into town now.
Old Aug 14, 2017, 11:10 am

Originally Posted by worldclubber
Enjoy the experience. Would recommend to enjoy both an FCL in the terminal as well as the FCT later on, as the layover seems to be too short for a trip into town now.
I thought I may do the porche rental for 3 hours. I figure if I rent from 6:30-9:30am that would give me something fun to do and then I can come back and relax in the terminal before my flight.
Old Aug 14, 2017, 11:29 am

I thought I may do the porche rental for 3 hours. I figure if I rent from 6:30-9:30am that would give me something fun to do and then I can come back and relax in the terminal before my flight.
It's your time but I'm not sure I'd like to do that first thing after getting off a long haul in the morning rush hour around FRA. I'd go to the FCL for a shower, breakfast, and maybe a nap; wait for midday for the drive, and then have a lovely lunch at the FCT. But that's me
Old Aug 15, 2017, 12:01 am

Originally Posted by malmostoso
It's your time but I'm not sure I'd like to do that first thing after getting off a long haul in the morning rush hour around FRA. I'd go to the FCL for a shower, breakfast, and maybe a nap; wait for midday for the drive, and then have a lovely lunch at the FCT. But that's me
I'm arriving on a saturday, so not really sure if there will be a rush hour? Part of the reason I wanted to do it earlier before there was more traffic.
Old Aug 15, 2017, 7:53 am

Programs: LH SEN, HH Gold
I'm arriving on a saturday, so not really sure if there will be a rush hour? Part of the reason I wanted to do it earlier before there was more traffic.
Lots of factors. Holiday weekend? If so, there could be heavy traffic anytime during the day on the weekend. Just hope for the best!
Old Aug 16, 2017, 11:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Do what you think is right for you, others are just giving you some advice.
Grog likes this.
Old Aug 16, 2017, 12:25 pm

M&M offers award flights on Avianca Brasil flights, which only have economy and no business class.
Assuming I find award space in business for GRU-FRA-DUS in business class, can I add an economy segment FLN-GRU to that 2-region award or will the M&M booking system not allow mixed class bookings? And would that economy segment incl. the same higher baggage allowance of the international business class segment?
Old Aug 16, 2017, 6:01 pm
I_c

Swiss global vs swiss international

Hi, looking for a business class flight to europe (ZRH) and i see operated by swiss global options. Is this the same product as swiss international? Google just seems to direct me to SWISS.

Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.