Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Lufthansa Group Questions Here [2016-]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2016, 5:31 pm

Programs: UA Silver
I am looking at booking a flight on Eurowings from HAM to LHR in September. How soon do I need to book it? Flying into HAM on award travel and buying the "hop" in to LHR. Just as soon hang on to $$ as long as I can. Thanks!
Old Feb 7, 2016, 4:35 pm

Programs: UA (1K, 2MM), AA, Avis, National
LH luggage fees for *Gold on Economy light fare

I am considering booking an LH flight inside Europe and I am confused about the luggage fees if I book Economy Light (the lowest) fare. The fare does not include a free checked bag. I think I am entitled to a free checked bag as a *G member even if I buy Economy Light. Is this correct?

Last edited by FreFly; Feb 7, 2016 at 4:36 pm Reason: minor change
Old Feb 7, 2016, 4:51 pm

No, *G doesn't get a free bag on Economy Light.
Old Feb 7, 2016, 5:32 pm

Programs: UA (1K, 2MM), AA, Avis, National
Originally Posted by klausa
No, *G doesn't get a free bag on Economy Light.
Thanks for your reply. What got me confused is that United claims *G get one "additional" piece of luggage. LH interpretation seems to be that you need to have a free luggage allowance to be able to "add" a piece.

https://www.united.com/web/en-US/con...ralliance.aspx
http://www.lufthansa.com/online/port...718788265&l=en

An unfortunate example of an introduction of a new product with a side-effect of diluting frequent flyer benefits.
Old Feb 8, 2016, 2:34 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by FreFly
Thanks for your reply. What got me confused is that United claims *G get one "additional" piece of luggage.
But they immediately debunk that with a footnote:

†† Please refer to each member carrier’s baggage allowance policies for further information
Old Feb 8, 2016, 8:04 am
Bli

Hi guys, I was wondering if the miles you get while flying LH but with an aircraft operated by another Star Alliance airline count towards your HON miles.

Basically I want to book a business class seat on flight LH 5931 but it's operated with an aircraft from A3. Will the miles count towards my HON status?

Sorry if I wasn't 100% clear on my question, I tried my best.
Old Feb 8, 2016, 8:14 am

No, it has to be LH group metal.
Old Feb 9, 2016, 12:57 am

Programs: Disillusioned Cent
Full-fare LX C ticket cancellation question:
What's the cancellation policy of such a ticket? Can I cancel it and get a full refund if I'm already checked-in and in the lounge?

Thanks
Old Feb 9, 2016, 2:10 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Originally Posted by JohnRain
Full-fare LX C ticket cancellation question:
What's the cancellation policy of such a ticket? Can I cancel it and get a full refund if I'm already checked-in and in the lounge?

Thanks
Yes, no problem to cancel/reverse checkin online* and send the ticket for refund.

* if the DCS allows it, LX isn't completely there yet.
Old Feb 9, 2016, 2:23 am

Programs: Disillusioned Cent
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Yes, no problem to cancel/reverse checkin online* and send the ticket for refund.

* if the DCS allows it, LX isn't completely there yet.
Thanks for your reply, oliver2002.
I guess that if it doesn't work online, going to the check-in / service counter to inform them is the other alternative?
Old Feb 9, 2016, 10:58 am

Thumbs down Lufthansa is inconsistent and often rude regarding policies

[QUOTE=NewbieRunner;26076993]Welcome the LH/M&M Forum Newbie Lounge!

My husband and I fly on United a lot. I also have a United credit card for points and my husbands flies more for business and he gets points.

Unfortunately when we fly overseas we often connect with Lufthansa due to the Alliance program. All the perks you get with United goes out the window and depending who is at the door scanning tickets will determine if your carryon will onboard. This has happened twice on to different trips. The first incident we bit the bullet and paid to check the bag whereas the other time we objected because we saw someone else being scanned by another agent with the same bag and it went through. Needless to say we won that argument and in the future if this happens again, we will just call over another agent.

As a disclaimer, my husband works for a German company and is German on his father's side of the family so I say this respectively,the flight attendants are usually rude or curt. Forget about having to deal with getting your points being credited to United, I wound up calling a Lufthansa agent that was based in N.Y. to get this resolved.

We are crossing our fingers because next month we have to use them in Germany to fly to South Africa. Thankfully flying home we are using South African Airlines which is another Alliance member. I heard only good things about that airline.

Comments?
Old Feb 9, 2016, 11:31 am

[QUOTE=seichel;26157719]
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Welcome the LH/M&M Forum Newbie Lounge!

My husband and I fly on United a lot. I also have a United credit card for points and my husbands flies more for business and he gets points.

Unfortunately when we fly overseas we often connect with Lufthansa due to the Alliance program. All the perks you get with United goes out the window and depending who is at the door scanning tickets will determine if your carryon will onboard. This has happened twice on to different trips. The first incident we bit the bullet and paid to check the bag whereas the other time we objected because we saw someone else being scanned by another agent with the same bag and it went through. Needless to say we won that argument and in the future if this happens again, we will just call over another agent.

As a disclaimer, my husband works for a German company and is German on his father's side of the family so I say this respectively,the flight attendants are usually rude or curt. Forget about having to deal with getting your points being credited to United, I wound up calling a Lufthansa agent that was based in N.Y. to get this resolved.

We are crossing our fingers because next month we have to use them in Germany to fly to South Africa. Thankfully flying home we are using South African Airlines which is another Alliance member. I heard only good things about that airline.

Comments?
Not sure what the perks you mention are. In Europe there are devices to measure carry on items so the consistancy should be constant. IMO too frequently there are persons with exceedingly big carry on that go through that will takeup most of the bin.

I can only speak about LH and some KLM on Far East and Africa routes. LH service is quite uniform both Economy and Business; never had to complain. Only fly inter Africa with SAA (maximum 4 hours) nonetheless I would prefer LH.

I'm from southern Europe :-) but never found a rude LH FA, more the contrary

You might want to detail more what your issues were
Old Feb 10, 2016, 9:22 am

Lounge access when ticketed business, then economy

Currently have late arriving icky routing EWR-PRG all in business on a United award ticket. Have an opportunity (which may already be gone) to switch to EWR-PRG via DUS, with the EWR-DUS in business on LH & DUS-PRG in economy in Eurowings. It's a long layover and I'm just not understanding what lounge access we would have between these two flights, and the longer I look the more flustered I get. I can persuade Mr. BB to do the short economy segment if I can assure him of lounge access in DUS. No status on anything.

Also - any carryon issues when switching from LH business to Eurowings economy? My one carryon is reasonably small but heavy & might not fit into a sizer due to being crammed.

Thank you.

Last edited by Bergy Bits; Feb 10, 2016 at 10:14 am Reason: Change title
Old Feb 10, 2016, 10:31 am

No lounge access in DUS unless you're holding *G status, in fact when flying Non-Star Alliance Airline Eurowings, you'll have to be SEN to get access. I'd avoid Eurowings (aka Germanwings) at all costs, even more if you're having hand luggage which would be over their limit by weight. LH Group is squeezing the lemon quite a lot with luggage fees recently.
Old Feb 10, 2016, 10:33 am

Originally Posted by YuropFlyer
No lounge access in DUS unless you're holding *G status, in fact when flying Non-Star Alliance Airline Eurowings, you'll have to be SEN to get access. I'd avoid Eurowings (aka Germanwings) at all costs, even more if you're having hand luggage which would be over their limit by weight. LH Group is squeezing the lemon quite a lot with luggage fees recently.
UA/NH *G works too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.