Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Lufthansa Group Questions Here [2016-]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2016, 10:45 pm

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by oliver2002
In theory *G travelling on LH have access to the fast track in ARN. There is a sign there indicating the same. But the warden scans your BP and if 'the computer says no' occurs you have no recourse.
Well I did print out the rules off the LH website, so I'll use that against them.
Old Dec 1, 2016, 11:41 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by muji
Sorry I didn't specify - the one-way business flight would be on Lufthansa FRA-SEA.
The difference does not seem to be as large ex-FRA.

FRA - SEA £279.40
SEA - FRA £361.80
Old Dec 3, 2016, 12:03 pm

Programs: BA,LH,LY,OK
Originally Posted by adavydov7
Quick question about taxes/surcharges for LH award travel. My wife and I flew RT to St. Petersburg in July of this year on a Mileage Bargains deal. This cost 55,000mi+$297.10 per person. I am looking at booking the same exact reward using the newly opened Mileage Bargains for this coming April and the taxes are coming out to nearly $1000 per person. So the question I have is, does anyone know why the taxes are more than 3x higher this time around? Really appreciate any feedback! Thanks.
Can you specify what was the current itinerary and what airline and what was the past itinerary + airline ?
Old Dec 3, 2016, 3:05 pm

Originally Posted by photographer2012
Can you specify what was the current itinerary and what airline and what was the past itinerary + airline ?
Yea sure.

Past Itinerary
IAD to FRA (LH operated flight)
FRA to LED (LH operated flight)
Returning was the same thing in reverse

New Itinerary
ORD to FRA (LH operated flight)
FRA to LED (LH operated flight)
Return is the same thing in reverse.

Tax on past itinerary was $297 and change. Tax on new itinerary is $1,015.59!!
Old Dec 4, 2016, 9:20 pm

Load

Hi, is anyone able to give me the flight loads for LH797 HKG to FRA on 9 December? Thanks
Old Dec 6, 2016, 3:00 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold>>>Silver>>>Blue, Finnair Silver, Royal Caribbean Diamond
I take it you can no longer buy extra miles, so if there any way to pool/transfer them from another account in order to buy an award ticket?
Old Dec 8, 2016, 2:58 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)
Original Poster

Originally Posted by skeeo
Hi, is anyone able to give me the flight loads for LH797 HKG to FRA on 9 December? Thanks
Sorry for the late reply. Hope this is not too late.

LH 797 HKG 12/09/16 11:40 PM FRA 12/10/16 5:20 AM 388 Daily
F1 A0 J9 C0 D0 Z0 P0 G9 E3 N0 Y9 B9 M9 U9 H9 Q9 V9 W9 S9 T0 L0 K0

It would help if you post this type of question in the dedicated thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufth...ds-thread.html
Old Dec 8, 2016, 3:11 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by aster
I take it you can no longer buy extra miles, so if there any way to pool/transfer them from another account in order to buy an award ticket?
SPG points transfer to M&M?
Old Dec 10, 2016, 8:13 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
I have a very specific lounge access question today, NewbieRunner or somebody else may be able to answer.

Travelling through FRA and MUC on F tickets has always given me access to the First Class Lounges in both directions, i.e. after the feeding flight to FRA/MUC and before the long-haul, as well as the other way around, i.e. after the long-haul in F and before the connecting short-haul flight to my final destination in Europe. These bookings, however, have always been without an overnight stay in FRA/MUC.

My next F-ticket will have the feeder to FRA the night before an early morning long-haul, all in one booking. The question is whether I will have access to the First Class Lounge in FRA the night before the long-haul for dinner, as I will arrive in short-haul business class but on a First Class ticket? -- The lounge access rules are not fully clear, as they say on the left "Lufthansa or Swiss First Class ticket" and then go on to say "First Class boarding pass for an arriving/departing LH/LX flight on the same day". Is my boarding pass on the short-haul flight a "First Class boarding pass", as the ticket is "First Class" or is it a non-F boarding pass, as LH does not offer a First Class cabin on intra-European flights?

Thank you very much!
Old Dec 10, 2016, 8:42 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by worldclubber
I have a very specific lounge access question today, NewbieRunner or somebody else may be able to answer.

Travelling through FRA and MUC on F tickets has always given me access to the First Class Lounges in both directions, i.e. after the feeding flight to FRA/MUC and before the long-haul, as well as the other way around, i.e. after the long-haul in F and before the connecting short-haul flight to my final destination in Europe. These bookings, however, have always been without an overnight stay in FRA/MUC.

My next F-ticket will have the feeder to FRA the night before an early morning long-haul, all in one booking. The question is whether I will have access to the First Class Lounge in FRA the night before the long-haul for dinner, as I will arrive in short-haul business class but on a First Class ticket? -- The lounge access rules are not fully clear, as they say on the left "Lufthansa or Swiss First Class ticket" and then go on to say "First Class boarding pass for an arriving/departing LH/LX flight on the same day". Is my boarding pass on the short-haul flight a "First Class boarding pass", as the ticket is "First Class" or is it a non-F boarding pass, as LH does not offer a First Class cabin on intra-European flights?

Thank you very much!
Your boarding pass for the shorthaul flight will be a Business Class boarding pass even if you are connecting to a First Class flight on the same day or the following day. According to LH's lounge access rules you don't have access to a First Class Lounge on arrival in FRA. Unless you are SEN/HON you don't have access to any lounge on arrival as LH lounges are departure lounges with the exception of the FCLs and the Welcome Lounge. However, I think I have read somewhere of someone in your situation gaining access to a First Class Lounge the evening before their flight in First Class. So if you don't mind being turned away you could try the FCL A. If you do, let us know how you get on.
Old Dec 10, 2016, 9:08 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Your boarding pass for the shorthaul flight will be a Business Class boarding pass even if you are connecting to a First Class flight on the same day or the following day. According to LH's lounge access rules you don't have access to a First Class Lounge on arrival in FRA. Unless you are SEN/HON you don't have access to any lounge on arrival as LH lounges are departure lounges with the exception of the FCLs and the Welcome Lounge. However, I think I have read somewhere of someone in your situation gaining access to a First Class Lounge the evening before their flight in First Class. So if you don't mind being turned away you could try the FCL A. If you do, let us know how you get on.
Thank you very much for your fast reply.

As a LH SEN, I will have access to the SEN lounge for a bite and a drink before I head to the hotel for the night, so no problem there. I was just wondering whether being on a First Class ticket with both flights in one booking would make any difference, as the question whether flights are on the same ticket or a "through booking" as LH calls it in their new lounge access rules does seem to play a role now concerning access, at least concerning access to the FCT. I will ask at the First Class Lounge and report whether they let me in or whether I had to go for sauages and potato salad in the SEN lounge.
Old Dec 10, 2016, 11:20 am

My Y ticket ARN-FRA-MIA has upgrades available for 930SEK, as I might not have Star G status at the time of my travel, will I receive Business lounge access at FRA by showing my incoming bp?
Old Dec 10, 2016, 12:54 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
no. you need to be in C departing from FRA.
Old Dec 10, 2016, 2:23 pm

Originally Posted by oliver2002
no. you need to be in C departing from FRA.
Thanks for clarifying!
Old Dec 10, 2016, 4:51 pm

Hello, I am flying BOM-MUC and MUC-BOM in early january (paid-C).
No "F" is sold on those flights.

LH.com shows A330-300 for both flights..
The seating plan does not match any A330 plans on the LH Website.

In both the flights, rows 1 and 2 show 2-2-2 seating. Should I select Row-1 in the hope of sitting in F-class (with C-class service)?

I vaguely remember reading MUC_based A330's have been reconfigured to have no "F" seats....so, that could be what is going on here.

(ETA - BOM-MUC All seats in Row-2 are taken; only one seat (1A) open in Row-1 for selection)
(MUC-BOM - Only 1G is open for selection i believe)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.