[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Lufthansa Group Questions Here [2016-]

Old Jan 26, 2016, 1:54 am

Any idea how to get 600 miles

I'm short 600 miles for an award.. ANy easy (and quick) way to get it?
Old Jan 26, 2016, 3:33 am

Originally Posted by ehud
I'm short 600 miles for an award.. ANy easy (and quick) way to get it?
500 for free with the newsletter subscription, the rest with the train (search this forum for that).
Old Jan 26, 2016, 3:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
A car rental? Convert some hotel points? Superpoints from the Swiss COOP supermarket (and Trophy cards)? Convert Payback points, if you have any? Hertz credits pretty quickly if all goes to plan and there are no screw ups.
Old Jan 26, 2016, 4:14 am

Programs: LH Senator ★
COOP Trophy code will give you 2000 miles immediately. They cost 34.90 CHF though. Ask someone from Switzerland to sell you one.
(I don't have any at the moment, but could get it in a day or two)
Old Jan 28, 2016, 11:39 am

We want to buy a return Yul-Zurich flight with Swiss. I have made my susbrcription with miles & more. The game me a temporary number. Questions:

1) When i'll book my flight on Swiss website, can I use that temporary number ?
2) we will be 2 adults and 2 kids in Econimical fare (don't know which letter). Does it still valuable to enter all my miles and more informations ?
Old Jan 28, 2016, 1:55 pm

Originally Posted by tostaky
1) When i'll book my flight on Swiss website, can I use that temporary number ?
Yes.

Originally Posted by tostaky
2) we will be 2 adults and 2 kids in Econimical fare (don't know which letter). Does it still valuable to enter all my miles and more informations ?
I'm not sure I understand your question but I will say the following:

1) You cannot earn miles for other people, even if the whole family is on the same PNR. If you want to maximize the number of miles you'll get for this trip, you need to create one M&M account per passenger.

2) The cheapest economy fare buckets do not earn many miles on M&M. You should probably study if it makes sense for you to register with a different *A FFP. Look here for advice.
Old Jan 29, 2016, 8:28 am

Programs: AC*SEMM, Marriott Gold
First segment in economy, then business class

I have a friend (no Star Alliance status) with the following flight itinerary, all on the same day and ticketed by Air Canada:

LH327 Economy Class VCE -> FRA
AC877 Business Class FRA -> YYZ
AC834 Business Class YYZ -> YYC

I know on United and some other airlines you can use priority check-in for your first flight, and for SkyTeam you can even use the lounge before the first flight.

I'm pretty sure the lounge is out at VCE, but can my friend use LH priority check-in? He also will have a bicycle which is normally free in AC business class... does the MSC (Most Significant Carrier) rule apply here?

Thanks!

Last edited by roadracer; Jan 29, 2016 at 8:43 am
Old Jan 29, 2016, 3:05 pm
Bli

HON miles with private jet.

After searching for an hour or two I can't seem to find how exactly does the mileage earning work with renting a private jet. How many miles does one earn flying within Europe ?
Old Jan 29, 2016, 6:43 pm

Probably a silly question, but:
I booked an award ticket on Singapore Airlines through the M&M hotline. To look up my reservation, I have to use lufthansa.com instead of Singapore airlines website.
So which counter do I have to go to at GRU to have my ticket issued? Still Singapore because it is a Singapore airlines flight, or do I have to collect my ticket at the LH counter first and then head to Singapore Airlines to checkin my luggage?
Old Jan 30, 2016, 12:16 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by mmff
2) The cheapest economy fare buckets do not earn many miles on M&M. You should probably study if it makes sense for you to register with a different *A FFP. Look here for advice.
The cheapest economy fare may not earn ANY miles on some *A programs.
Old Jan 30, 2016, 12:24 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Bli
After searching for an hour or two I can't seem to find how exactly does the mileage earning work with renting a private jet. How many miles does one earn flying within Europe ?
"As the lead passenger on the flight you will receive at least 10,000 award, status or HON Circle miles. Frequent Travellers, Senators and HON Circle Members also receive the 25% Executive Bonus on their mileage credit."

https://firstclass.lufthansa.com/en/...html#808-cntst
Old Jan 30, 2016, 12:31 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SR12
Probably a silly question, but:
I booked an award ticket on Singapore Airlines through the M&M hotline. To look up my reservation, I have to use lufthansa.com instead of Singapore airlines website.
So which counter do I have to go to at GRU to have my ticket issued? Still Singapore because it is a Singapore airlines flight, or do I have to collect my ticket at the LH counter first and then head to Singapore Airlines to checkin my luggage?
You should already have a ticket (e-ticket) after you booked your flight. If you are talking about a boarding pass, you should always go to the counter of the airline which operates your flight (in this case Singapore Airlines) at the airport.

Last edited by NewbieRunner; Jan 30, 2016 at 1:52 am Reason: Typo
Old Jan 30, 2016, 1:40 am

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
You should already have a ticket (e-ticket) after you booked your flight. If you are talking about a boarding pass you, you should always go to the counter of the airline which operates your flight (in this case Singapore Airlines) at the airport.
Thanks for clearing that up for me. I guess I misspoke, like you said I already have a ticket number (e-tix) and reservation code and was asking about the actual boarding pass.
Old Feb 3, 2016, 9:48 am

Hi everyone,

I've just asked a similar question about United here, but let me ask separately about Lufthansa. When I search for tickets on different websites (option 1: search on Lufthansa website; option 2: search on Google Flights and then go to United website), I get completely different prices and availabilities for exactly the same flights. Do you know what is going on here? Is it safe to book tickets on United website if the same tickets are not available at Lufthansa website? Can I book tickets at United website but then select seats (probably at some extra fee) on Lufthansa website?
Old Feb 3, 2016, 1:34 pm

Originally Posted by ivan89
Is it safe to book tickets on United website if the same tickets are not available at Lufthansa website?
Yes.

Originally Posted by ivan89
Can I book tickets at United website but then select seats (probably at some extra fee) on Lufthansa website?
Not in general.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.