[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Lufthansa Group Questions Here [2016-]

Old Aug 15, 2016, 10:34 am

Programs: Krisflyer
Frankfurt Airport

Hi I am taking business class from Singapore to Lufthansa Airport (LH779) and I will land at Frankfurt Airport about 620 am in the morning. On my previous trip there, I have been denied access to the arrival lounge.

I need a place to rest as my next meeting is in the afternoon. Any idea whether I can pay for access to the lounge ? Thanks
Old Aug 15, 2016, 10:41 am

If you're arriving on LH metal in C class then you definitely have access to the Welcome Lounge. Do note that it closes at 1PM.
Old Aug 16, 2016, 4:16 pm

Are there any reviews/TRs of the new MUC Terminal 2 Satellite First Class Lounge? I googled, but was unable to find any. Wondering if it's an improvement over the regular MUC LH F lounge.

Would I be able to access the MUC T2 Satellite LH F lounge if arriving on LH F and connecting over to a regional LH J flight?

Thanks!
Old Aug 16, 2016, 5:29 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by iluvdoco
Are there any reviews/TRs of the new MUC Terminal 2 Satellite First Class Lounge? I googled, but was unable to find any. Wondering if it's an improvement over the regular MUC LH F lounge.
I haven't seen any TR but some photos may be found on VFT. I expect food in the T2S FCL will be the same as in the old FCL but all T2S lounges (I have only visited the Schengen and non-Schengen SEN lounges) are vast improvements on the old lounges because they have windows and views! The satellite feels airy and much more spacious than T2.

Would I be able to access the MUC T2 Satellite LH F lounge if arriving on LH F and connecting over to a regional LH J flight?

Thanks!
Yes!
Old Aug 16, 2016, 8:19 pm

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
I haven't seen any TR but some photos may be found on VFT. I expect food in the T2S FCL will be the same as in the old FCL but all T2S lounges (I have only visited the Schengen and non-Schengen SEN lounges) are vast improvements on the old lounges because they have windows and views! The satellite feels airy and much more spacious than T2.

Yes!
Thank you NewbieRunner! Was looking for something other than stock photos of the new lounge. The new lounge looks a little more like the FRA FCT?
Old Aug 16, 2016, 11:00 pm

Thank you NewbieRunner! Was looking for something other than stock photos of the new lounge. The new lounge looks a little more like the FRA FCT?
I've never been to the FCT but the T2S FCL looks pretty much the same as the FCL in FRA. Nice views, comfy chairs, good restaurant. The menu is not exactly amazing (FRA and especially ZRH-E are way better).
Old Aug 17, 2016, 9:59 am

Originally Posted by malmostoso
I've never been to the FCT but the T2S FCL looks pretty much the same as the FCL in FRA. Nice views, comfy chairs, good restaurant. The menu is not exactly amazing (FRA and especially ZRH-E are way better).
Does Do & Co also have the catering contract for the ZRH-E lounge?
Old Aug 17, 2016, 11:09 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)
Original Poster

The new lounge looks a little more like the FRA FCT?
Originally Posted by malmostoso
All Lufthansa First Class Lounges in FRA and MUC (including the FCT) have the same furniture and look very similar. The only noticeable difference is that the FCT has no view to speak of (unless you count the back of T1 Pier A/Z and LH crew base) and the MUC FCL in T2 has no windows.

Does Do & Co also have the catering contract for the ZRH-E lounge?
No, catering for all LX lounges in ZRH is by LSG Sky Chefs.

Last edited by NewbieRunner; Aug 17, 2016 at 3:04 pm
Old Aug 20, 2016, 5:33 pm

I have a chance to go to Europe and with that a chance to fly my first flight on a 747. With that, probably my last since they're a dying breed.

My question is this. If I book my flight via United (I've got a connecting flight only flown by United's regional metal), then the TATL flight on Lufthansa, I obviously can't get premium economy at the time of reservation. (SCE-IAD-FRA)

Since it's booked through United, would I still then be able to log into LH's website and upgrade to premium economy?
Old Aug 22, 2016, 3:36 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by underscore
I have a chance to go to Europe and with that a chance to fly my first flight on a 747. With that, probably my last since they're a dying breed.

My question is this. If I book my flight via United (I've got a connecting flight only flown by United's regional metal), then the TATL flight on Lufthansa, I obviously can't get premium economy at the time of reservation. (SCE-IAD-FRA)

Since it's booked through United, would I still then be able to log into LH's website and upgrade to premium economy?
Not sure if you can upgrade online if you are on a United ticket but it might be possible at the airport for cash according to this thread (see post #6 and #8).
Old Aug 22, 2016, 4:30 am

Programs: BA,LH,LY,OK
I'm flying FRA-BOG on Sunday and returning Friday night in the end of Sep.

What are usually the loads on those flights? the seatmap for now looks pretty empty. any chance for a half empty plane?

Thanks
Old Aug 22, 2016, 1:17 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by photographer2012

What are usually the loads on those flights? the seatmap for now looks pretty empty. any chance for a half empty plane?

Thanks
Can you post the actual dates?
Old Aug 22, 2016, 2:03 pm
ssh

Programs: UA 1K (MM), MR Plat Prem, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by underscore

If you have a GPU, you can request an upgrade (to C!) through the United site. Whether or not you can use a GPU, be sure to call to have United change the flight number to the LH flight number before you call LH (or try on their web site) to attempt the upgrade.
Old Aug 23, 2016, 1:01 am

Programs: BA,LH,LY,OK
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Can you post the actual dates?
Yes, thank you

25/9 FRA-BOG

30/9 BOG-FRA
Old Aug 23, 2016, 1:48 am
Original Poster

Thanks
Yes, thank you

25/9 FRA-BOG

30/9 BOG-FRA
Not sure about the usual loads but this is what the flights look like right now.

LH 542 FRA 09/25/16 2:05 PM BOG 09/25/16 6:59 PM 343 Daily
J9 C1 D0 Z0 P0 G9 E9 N2 Y9 B9 M9 U9 H9 Q9 V9 W9 S9 T2 L0 K0

LH 543 BOG 09/30/16 8:55 PM FRA 10/01/16 3:15 PM 343 Daily
J6 C0 D0 Z0 P0 G9 E9 N0 Y9 B9 M9 U9 H9 Q9 V9 W5 S0 T0 L0 K0

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.