Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Lufthansa Group Questions Here [2016-]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2016, 1:36 pm

I haven't flown LH in several years and the online information on their late night check-in is a little vague.

I'll be flying MUC-KRK and would like to check my bags first thing in the morning (8am) for an evening flight (10pm). I think it's possible even though I won't be at the airport the night before, but can anyone confirm this is true? I'm assuming something was simply lost in translation when they described it on their website. I will do mobile check-in before arriving in the morning so that I am eligible.
Old Jun 19, 2016, 2:16 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Same day checkin always OK. Evening checkin applies for flights departing the next day.
Old Jun 21, 2016, 6:31 pm

Programs: LH Senator BA Silver
Is it possible to have LH check bags through on two separately ticketed LH flights?

I'm traveling on an award in F from DEN to MUC and then will have a purchased ticket (Y or J - not sure yet) from MUC to PRG scheduled to depart 2 hours after my inbound.

Can I have the two records joined beforehand or is the bag check-through completely at the discretion of the check-in agents at DEN?

Last edited by wfiring12; Jun 21, 2016 at 6:36 pm Reason: omitted word
Old Jun 21, 2016, 11:20 pm

Originally Posted by wfiring12
Is it possible to have LH check bags through on two separately ticketed LH flights?
Yes.

Originally Posted by wfiring12
Can I have the two records joined beforehand
They won't put your tickets in the same PNR and your connection won't be protected against delays on your first segment.
Old Jun 23, 2016, 6:01 am

Programs: LH
*G denied lounge access at DME

At DME a friend got denied access to OS lounge. The reason given by the lounge dragon was that he was flying LX and should use LX lounge. LX lounge dragon denied access as he was not flying C.
Are there any new rules for lounge access or just incompetent lounge dragons?
Anyone else has experienced this?
Old Jun 23, 2016, 6:09 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by shady
At DME a friend got denied access to OS lounge. The reason given by the lounge dragon was that he was flying LX and should use LX lounge. LX lounge dragon denied access as he was not flying C.
Are there any new rules for lounge access or just incompetent lounge dragons?
Anyone else has experienced this?
According to LX website:

Moscow (Domodedovo)
Dedicated Contract Lounge
Sector B
HON Circle / Miles & More Senator / Star Alliance Gold / Business Class

So your friend as *G should have been able to access the LX lounge.
Old Jun 23, 2016, 6:15 am

Programs: LH
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
According to LX website:

Moscow (Domodedovo)
Dedicated Contract Lounge
Sector B
HON Circle / Miles & More Senator / Star Alliance Gold / Business Class

So your friend as *G should have been able to access the LX lounge.
That is exactly what his argument was. Simply, the lounge dragon says NO. Of course, no supervisor available. Seems to be only the issue being contract lounge.
Old Jun 23, 2016, 6:23 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)
Original Poster

Originally Posted by shady
That is exactly what his argument was. Simply, the lounge dragon says NO. Of course, no supervisor available. Seems to be only the issue being contract lounge.
You might like to alert the LX Lurker.
Old Jun 23, 2016, 6:55 pm

Programs: UA 1K, IHG Spire, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz P.C., GE/NEXUS
Newbie question - I'm coming in on TG920 from BKK to FRA in F in a couple months. Upon arrival what are my options for an 'arrival' lounge? As it's super early in the morning at 0550 and I'd like to get cleaned up and relax a bit before heading into town to check in at the hotel. Thanks!
Old Jun 26, 2016, 4:15 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by YYCowboy
Newbie question - I'm coming in on TG920 from BKK to FRA in F in a couple months. Upon arrival what are my options for an 'arrival' lounge? As it's super early in the morning at 0550 and I'd like to get cleaned up and relax a bit before heading into town to check in at the hotel. Thanks!
As far as I know there is no special arrangement for arriving TG F passengers in FRA but you might like to check in the TG forum. If you want to shower, there are public showers in T1 Level 2 (landside) for €6/$8.
http://www.frankfurt-airport.com/en/...t/showers.html
Old Jun 26, 2016, 10:10 pm

Programs: UA Silver
online account weirdness

Have flights booked on LH via UA. Have looked at our accounts on LH for seat selection and periodically the flights will just not be on our profile on LH. I add them back on and they stay for a few days then seem to fall off again. Also, the seat assignment for 1 of our party of 2 disappears. Anything to worry about? On one of our flights it doesn't show the earlier connecting UA flights, assuming that's not to worry about either as they show up correctly on UA. Thanks for any help!
Old Jun 27, 2016, 1:58 pm
Carlson Contributor Badge

Programs: M&M FTL, Miles+Bonus Gold
hi everyone,
I would like to ask how can I find the booking class before booking a ticket? I've never seen this option and i booked more than 30 flight tickets recently.
if i buy a ticket with miles, what booking class will I get on business and how many miles will collect?
thanks!

Last edited by GBobon; Jun 27, 2016 at 3:26 pm
Old Jun 28, 2016, 12:13 am

Originally Posted by GBobon
hi everyone,
I would like to ask how can I find the booking class before booking a ticket? I've never seen this option and i booked more than 30 flight tickets recently.
You should be able to see it if you click on "Show booking classes" after selecting one flight on LH.com. Note this does not seem to work on a multi-stop itinerary.

if i buy a ticket with miles, what booking class will I get on business and how many miles will collect?
thanks!
J awards book into "I" and earn no miles.
Old Jun 28, 2016, 7:14 am
Carlson Contributor Badge

Programs: M&M FTL, Miles+Bonus Gold
Originally Posted by malmostoso
You should be able to see it if you click on "Show booking classes" after selecting one flight on LH.com. Note this does not seem to work on a multi-stop itinerary.

J awards book into "I" and earn no miles.
Thank you for replying sir, I see that show booking classes option is not available on multi-city, where I am interested in seeing this option...
Are there any options to see the booking classes? what booking classes are allocated usually for multi-city tickets?
Old Jun 28, 2016, 9:46 am

Originally Posted by GBobon
Thank you for replying sir, I see that show booking classes option is not available on multi-city, where I am interested in seeing this option...
Are there any options to see the booking classes? what booking classes are allocated usually for multi-city tickets?
There are no specific classes for multi-city itineraries. You can try using the website of swiss to recreate the same itinerary and book through them, you shouldn't observe any price differences and you should be able to see the booking classes.

Otherwise, just call them or use a travel agent.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.