Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Lufthansa Group Questions Here [2016-]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2016, 3:49 am

Originally Posted by newmemberhere
thanks for your answer. To be honest, I hate MM program, any other program seems to be better, however I can earn miles now only on MM.
Why can you only earn M&M? You don't have to credit your LH group flights to M&M, but you can credit them to any *A partner.

Example; from MM booking site > 11 October with SWISS 52 000 miles and 320 euro per person.
If I look on UNITED > 11 October with Turkish Airlines 70 000 miles and $90 per person.
For me second is better. I don't get, why MM does not show an opportunity to book with Turkish. Because it is cheaper?
You will find plenty of messages lamenting the state of M&M taxes.

However, M&M shows only the availability of LH group flights (and not even all of them) as a choice, just as TK only shows TK award availability.

UA, AC, and NH on the other hand show also *A partners.

What I do is check on AC and an aggregator, and if I find the flights I want I call in and spoon-feed the results I have to the agent. I have never had a problem. Yes, I'd much rather do it online than interacting with a person but hey.
Old Jun 4, 2016, 6:53 am

I'm a bit confused about the expiration date of my miles:
For more than 10years I have owned a M&M credit card, but the card is going to be cancelled on Aug 31st. Since I spent more than 3.000EUR, it shows mileage protection for 2017 in my M&M account.
Will that mileage protection be still valid, even if my cc gets cancelled on Aug 31st?
And if the protection is still valid, would my miles expire on Jan 1st 2018 or would they still be valid for another 36months?
Old Jun 4, 2016, 9:27 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis PC, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by awxm88
hi everyone

i'm looking to upgrade a lufthansa business (D) ticket using krisflyer miles to first class, LH622 FRA-RUH on 8th June. What is strange is that we are within the 2 week window and despite the website telling me there are 4+ revenue seats still available no space has opened up at all. what is even stranger is that award space is not available to miles and more members either.

anyone know what is going on?
so it's now 4 days out from flying, there are still 8 unsold seats in first class and award space on M&M has not opened up. I tried calling but they said they didn't know whether anything would open.

is it standard practice for lufthansa simply not to open any award seats in first at all on certain routes?
Old Jun 4, 2016, 10:22 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by awxm88
so it's now 4 days out from flying, there are still 8 unsold seats in first class and award space on M&M has not opened up. I tried calling but they said they didn't know whether anything would open.

is it standard practice for lufthansa simply not to open any award seats in first at all on certain routes?
I think you should not worry. Probably +3 they will open the O seats.

Ramadan is after 2 days and travel traffic is almost dead to and from KSA. LH even dropped the MUC-RUH flight during Ramadan due to very low traffic and bookings potential on this flight.
Old Jun 4, 2016, 10:45 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis PC, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
I think you should not worry. Probably +3 they will open the O seats.

Ramadan is after 2 days and travel traffic is almost dead to and from KSA. LH even dropped the MUC-RUH flight during Ramadan due to very low traffic and bookings potential on this flight.
thanks- i thought ramadan might have something to do with it, but if anything it should have led them to open up space earlier. i've just looked on lifemiles as well and there's 0 partner award space from FRA-RUH in first on all dates. There is only availability via MUC. hence that led me to wonder if some routes just didn't release space at all, either to M&M or partners.
Old Jun 4, 2016, 10:45 am

Programs: seeking best cc sign-up & spend bonus offers
MIA-EurStop-EurDest-EurStop-MIA

have 110Kmi; first time MilesMore;
read 2013 blog that (2) Euro stopovers allowed, still true?
busn @105Kmi rt & only 5Kmi leftover; any way to
avoid ~$1K taxes+fees, such as non-Luft airlines?
(UPDATE: LOT-WARSAW VIA ORD AVOIDS $1K+??!)
prefer 5 days ea. (3) of these
in any order, ranked most preferred first:

London, Venice, Edinburgh, Rome, Amsterdam, Berlin,
Dublin, Copenhagen, Vienna, Prague, Dubrovnik, Budapest

approx last wk June to first wk July;
blog said stopovers must be reserved by phone...?
advice-guidance to point newbie in right direction appreciated!
Thanks in advance! ^ ^ ^ :-: :-: :-:

UPDATE: forgot, I have 53K citi Thankyou pts, can they
be added to existing Miles&More (obtained via cc) miles...?

Last edited by TravelPhotographer; Jun 5, 2016 at 6:05 pm
Old Jun 5, 2016, 4:04 pm

Programs: OZ *G
ello everyone,
I recently bought a Lufthansa ticket and I have both M&M and Asiana club account. On the Lufthansa website, it allows me to enter both Asiana and Lufthansa account. Will the miles be in both accounts? Or it will be divided into half? (Because if I count it in the Asiana miles, I can earn the diamond status) Thank you very much.
Old Jun 5, 2016, 8:03 pm

Programs: DL Diamond
Any conventional wisdom on best C seats on 744's? I assume the nose or upper deck? Also the seat map shows 7-abreast C seating in the main deck -- I thought all C was reconfigured at this point to new C?
Old Jun 5, 2016, 10:08 pm

Originally Posted by BRCN
ello everyone,
I recently bought a Lufthansa ticket and I have both M&M and Asiana club account. On the Lufthansa website, it allows me to enter both Asiana and Lufthansa account. Will the miles be in both accounts? Or it will be divided into half? (Because if I count it in the Asiana miles, I can earn the diamond status) Thank you very much.
You can only put one FFP number in your reservation, and that's where the miles will go. If you have entered your M&M number but absolutely want the miles to go to OZ, then check very very carefully at check-in time that your boarding passes reflect this. M&M numbers are very sticky and when the miles are deposited it's basically impossible to have them reverted.
Old Jun 5, 2016, 11:03 pm

Originally Posted by DC777Fan
Any conventional wisdom on best C seats on 744's? I assume the nose or upper deck? Also the seat map shows 7-abreast C seating in the main deck -- I thought all C was reconfigured at this point to new C?
It is new C. The problem with LH is that "C" stands for "cozy up to your neighbour".

Try reading this thread, and search this board for many others on the topic. I would pick either the upper deck or 4D.
Old Jun 6, 2016, 1:25 am

Programs: All of 'em
Can anyone send me the link to the thread where it discusses which fare codes the LH upgrade vouchers (earned by Senator and Hon accounts) can be utilized on?
I saw it once, and can't find it now.
Old Jun 6, 2016, 9:42 am

Programs: seeking best cc sign-up & spend bonus offers
Is my #426 in wrong thread?
Old Jun 6, 2016, 10:18 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by TravelPhotographer
have 110Kmi; first time MilesMore;
read 2013 blog that (2) Euro stopovers allowed, still true?
busn @105Kmi rt & only 5Kmi leftover; any way to
avoid ~$1K taxes+fees, such as non-Luft airlines?
(UPDATE: LOT-WARSAW VIA ORD AVOIDS $1K+??!)
prefer 5 days ea. (3) of these
in any order, ranked most preferred first:

London, Venice, Edinburgh, Rome, Amsterdam, Berlin,
Dublin, Copenhagen, Vienna, Prague, Dubrovnik, Budapest

approx last wk June to first wk July;
blog said stopovers must be reserved by phone...?
advice-guidance to point newbie in right direction appreciated!
Thanks in advance! ^ ^ ^ :-: :-: :-:

UPDATE: forgot, I have 53K citi Thankyou pts, can they
be added to existing Miles&More (obtained via cc) miles...?
Stopovers are allowed in the region of the destination, one in each direction. You have to book a return award for that. Surcharges are very high when starting in the US, you may want to split the trip into two oneways to lessen the pain of surcharges. All bookings are best done over the phone. UA and LOT charge less fuel/international surcharge.

Citi TYP cannot be transferred to M&M.
Old Jun 6, 2016, 10:34 am

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
Originally Posted by Nekamah7
Can anyone send me the link to the thread where it discusses which fare codes the LH upgrade vouchers (earned by Senator and Hon accounts) can be utilized on?
I saw it once, and can't find it now.
See the M&M T&C.

4.3 Special upgrade terms and conditions

4.3.1 For Lufthansa, Adria Airways, Aegean Airlines, Air Canada, Air China, Air Dolomiti, Air India, Air New Zealand, ANA, Asiana Airlines, Austrian Airlines Group, Brussels Airlines, Croatia Airlines, EgyptAir, Ethiopian Airlines, EVA Air, LOT Polish Airlines, Luxair, SAS Scandinavian Airlines, Shenzhen Airlines, Singapore Airlines, SWISS, TAP Portugal, Thai Airways International, Turkish Airlines, United and Condor*
◾ On Condor, Miles & More upgrades from Economy Class to Premium Economy Class (booking classes Y, O, Z) and upgrades from Premium Economy Class to Business Class are not possible. Only upgrades from Economy Class (no booking class is excluded) to Business Class are possible. The values contained in column B, Y apply.
◾ With LOT Polish Airlines, Miles & More upgrades from Economy Class to Premium Economy Class or from Premium Economy Class to Business Class are possible via your local Service Centre.
◾ On Luxair, upgrades are only possible for bookings in booking classes M, Y and K.
◾ Upgrades with LH, JP, EN, OS, OU, LO, LX and SN are not possible for some particularly favourable offers. ◾ On European flights, this applies to the following booking classes with: ◾ Adria Airways (JP) A, E, G, K, L, O, Q, S, V, W
◾ Croatia Airlines (OU) A, E, F, J, K, L, T, O, U
◾ SWISS (LX) E, K, L
◾ Air Dolomiti (EN) E, K, L
◾ LOT Polish Airlines (LO) L, O, U for upgrades to Premium Economy Class and E, G, H, K, L, O, Q, S, T, U, V, W for upgrades to Business Class
◾ Brussels Airlines (SN) G, N

◾ On intercontinental flights, this applies to the following booking classes with: ◾ LOT Polish Airlines (LO) L, O, U for upgrades to Premium Economy Class and E, G, H, K, L, M, O, Q, S, T, U, V, W for upgrades to Business Class
◾ SWISS (LX) E, K, L, T
◾ Austrian Airlines (OS) E, L, K, T
◾ Lufthansa (LH) K, L, N, P, T, Z
◾ Brussels Airlines (SN) E, G, K, L, N, T

◾ Upgrades within Europe for domestic flights are only possible on connecting flights in combination with upgrades on intercontinental flights and are already included in the miles for the upgrade of the intercontinental flight.
◾ With Lufthansa, Premium Economy upgrades are generally only possible on intercontinental flights. Upgrades within Europe for domestic flights are not possible here in combination. These remain in Economy Class.
◾ For upgrades with Condor, Adria Airways, Croatia Airlines or Luxair, paper certificates (valid for up to 12 months) are issued, hence upgrade bookings with these airlines must be made at least four working days prior to departure.
◾ Further detailed information regarding SWISS upgrades is available on www.miles-and-more.com
◾ Upgrades on Air Canada (AC), Aegean Airlines (A3), Air China (CA), Air India (AI), Air New Zealand (NZ), ANA (NH), Asiana Airlines (OZ), EgyptAir (MS), Ethiopian Airlines (ET), EVA Air (BR), SAS Scandinavian Airlines (SK), Singapore Airlines (SQ), TAP Portugal (TP), Thai Airways International (TG), Turkish Airlines (TK) and United (UA) are possible from Economy booking classes Y and B (on BR additionally K; on CA also W; on ET also G and S; on SK and SQ also S; on NH also E; on NZ also O and U; on ZH additionally M and H). If a First Class is available, upgrades from Business booking classes C and D are possible on these airlines (on SQ also J and Z; on NH and UA also J).
◾ Only paperless upgrades (eUpgrades) are possible.
Old Jun 6, 2016, 1:23 pm

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Does M&M charge YQ on business class award tickets issued on Air Canada international flights?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.