Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Lufthansa Group Questions Here [2016-]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2022, 4:06 pm

Programs: Mucci Des Oeufs Brouilles et des Canards
Using the Rebook Flight Option to query price change

Hello,

I have a flight booked for December, LCY-FRA-SIN and onto Oz. I have a 1hr.15m transfer window at FRA, assuming the 6.15pm flight from LCY departs on time (current history doesn't look good.) and am wondering if I could book the earlier flight.

I've gone to the "Rebook Flight" option and see that I can't choose just one sector to start, I'd have to look at the whole outbound leg. I don't want to start the process if there is no "back" button or option to ignore changes. Can you look without making any changes?

Would I be right in thinking that they would reprice the whole leg, not just the difference between the two LCY flights, as I'm hoping? Would this be something better to call rather than do online?
Old Jul 31, 2022, 5:43 pm

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
You can look without making changes, of course. The whole outbound leg will be repriced in case of any changes, there is no option to reprice only one leg.

BTW 1:15 should be perfectly doable for a non-Schengen to non-Schengen connection. And there's a decent chance there will be schedule changes by December anyway, which would enable you to rebook your connection free of charge.
chris63 likes this.
Old Jul 31, 2022, 9:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by gojko88
You can look without making changes, of course. The whole outbound leg will be repriced in case of any changes, there is no option to reprice only one leg.

BTW 1:15 should be perfectly doable for a non-Schengen to non-Schengen connection. And there's a decent chance there will be schedule changes by December anyway, which would enable you to rebook your connection free of charge.
+ 1

Good advice
Old Aug 2, 2022, 10:11 am

Programs: Mucci Des Oeufs Brouilles et des Canards
Originally Posted by gojko88

Originally Posted by chris63
+ 1

Good advice
Thanks! Had a look at trying to make a new booking (ie not rebooking) just to get a feel of the pricing and availability. Only gives me business class fares now! I went into the rebooking option and it came up with some options, but it wouldn't let me rebook saying seats weren't available in the fare class etc. The earlier flight I want from LCY is listed there, but from SIN it's with QF rather than SQ so a different price I'm guessing. I know I got a really good fare, so I appreciate price difference etc on higher ticket classes, but what do you think my chances are getting someone on the phone to book us on the earlier one and not look at the rest of the fare conditions etc? It's only a 2 hour sector an hour earlier to help reduce the chances of a misconnect. As it's in mid Dec I imagine flights are going to be very full so I don't want to be stuck in FRA.

I'm used to cutting it fine though, I had a similar issue at AMS with KLM Shengen to non Shengen. First leg was 45 mins late leaving, but arrived making up time. I made it to the gate with 10 mins to spare, but could have different if the border force took longer to check people. I'm going non-Shengen to non-Shengen this time so I guess it's all it the same terminal? Will we need to do security scan again?

I will definitely keep an eye out for cancellations and rebookings. I used AA miles to fly BA/QF earlier this year, booking November last year. Somewhere QF cancelled my flight and moved me to the next day. Don't recall seeing any email about until about 3 months out. Didn't want to spend 36 hours in SIN, particularly not with Covid restrictions in place. Ended up being re-routed to SYD and put on a local connection, thankfully for no additional charge.
Old Aug 2, 2022, 10:24 am

Programs: DL PM; UA 1K; AA 1MM
A rather basic question (I hope): How long before a scheduled flight does LH typically stop making schedule changes? I had a September 3 flight get removed from the schedule this past weekend. I'm looking at a (separate) mid-September flight now, but I'm concerned about a possible schedule change to that flight since the backup flight options are limited. At what point (if any) is the LH scheduled considered 'locked' (obviously, day-of operation challenges can always occur)

Thanks!
Old Aug 2, 2022, 11:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by ty97
A rather basic question (I hope): How long before a scheduled flight does LH typically stop making schedule changes? I had a September 3 flight get removed from the schedule this past weekend. I'm looking at a (separate) mid-September flight now, but I'm concerned about a possible schedule change to that flight since the backup flight options are limited. At what point (if any) is the LH scheduled considered 'locked' (obviously, day-of operation challenges can always occur)

Thanks!
Really depends on the routing but we have to hope that after the summer chaos subsides in September things will go back to normal but then there are the strike threats from ground staff & pilots……
Old Aug 2, 2022, 2:40 pm

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by dddc
I know I got a really good fare, so I appreciate price difference etc on higher ticket classes, but what do you think my chances are getting someone on the phone to book us on the earlier one and not look at the rest of the fare conditions etc? It's only a 2 hour sector an hour earlier to help reduce the chances of a misconnect. As it's in mid Dec I imagine flights are going to be very full so I don't want to be stuck in FRA.
If it's a voluntary change, it will reprice. No amount of sympathy from the agent will help.

As other folks recommended, your best option is to wait and hope for a schedule change sufficient for a rebooking to be considered involuntary. Then you can ask for itinerary you want without a reprice. The agent can force open your fare class on the respective flights.
Old Aug 2, 2022, 5:06 pm

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by ty97

Thanks!
14 days before departure you are pretty safe, not 100% safe though. 15+ days all bets are off.
Old Aug 3, 2022, 3:49 am

A question regarding the miles & more program:
As I understand miles are now credited to the M&M account based on the airfare rather than the distance traveled. If I use my M&M number for a singapore airlines flight will I get miles credited based on distance or airfare ?
Old Aug 3, 2022, 4:14 am

Originally Posted by lazyzee
A question regarding the miles & more program:
As I understand miles are now credited to the M&M account based on the airfare rather than the distance traveled. If I use my M&M number for a singapore airlines flight will I get miles credited based on distance or airfare ?
If the ticket is issued by Singapore (or any non-LH group aifline), then you'll get miles based on distance and class.
​​​​​
lazyzee likes this.
Old Aug 3, 2022, 8:52 am

Originally Posted by fereke
If the ticket is issued by Singapore (or any non-LH group aifline), then you'll get miles based on distance and class.
​​​​​
Thanks !
Old Aug 3, 2022, 8:53 am

Originally Posted by fereke
​​​​​
Thanks !
Old Aug 4, 2022, 8:20 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, SPG Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I booked a last minute ticket for a flight that was flown last weekend 7/30 but wasn’t able to add my FFP number to the itinerary. Will I be able to somehow get these miles and if so is there a direct email or number I can use?
Old Aug 4, 2022, 8:24 am

Did M&M offer ANY expiration extension of miles due to COVID?
Old Aug 4, 2022, 8:41 am

Programs: FB Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite
Does anybody know if I’ll be able to use lounge with one guest at Rome FCO? We’d want to fly Austrian and I still do have Star Gold status. I read recently that *G in Y no longer has access to third party lounges.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.