[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Lufthansa Group Questions Here [2016-]

Old Jun 30, 22, 10:42 am

Programs: ST E+, *G, some hotel gold...
Does LH still send physical cards? Almost all airlines stopped doing that.
Old Jun 30, 22, 2:34 pm

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by Fabo.sk View Post
Does LH still send physical cards? Almost all airlines stopped doing that.
Yes, they do
Old Jul 4, 22, 8:43 am

When booking an award ticket on a *A carrier that includes LH travel, the fare basis is shown as bucket X (economy award). Does X include checked baggage for *Gold travelers? How about same day flight change (standby for an earlier flight)? Our other flight would be on UA in business (I fare bucket). Thanks!
Old Jul 4, 22, 8:47 am

Programs: LH SEN *
Originally Posted by don731 View Post
When booking an award ticket on a *A carrier that includes LH travel, the fare basis is shown as bucket X (economy award). Does X include checked baggage for *Gold travelers? How about same day flight change (standby for an earlier flight)? Our other flight would be on UA in business (I fare bucket). Thanks!
Yes, award tickets include checked baggage.
No, there's no standby option for earlier flights on LH.
Old Jul 4, 22, 10:50 am

One more question: We have confirmed paid seats on LH within Europe that are business flex (fully refundable). Is there a no-show fee associated with this booking class (I don't see the actual class listed in the PNR).
Old Jul 4, 22, 12:55 pm

Programs: ST E+, *G, some hotel gold...
One more question: We have confirmed paid seats on LH within Europe that are business flex (fully refundable). Is there a no-show fee associated with this booking class (I don't see the actual class listed in the PNR).
Letters don't matter. Go by what the conditions attached to your ticket say.
Old Jul 4, 22, 1:07 pm

If you just dont show up, all you can claim back on paid fares are unused taxes but you can cancel until the flight is closed, currently unless it works online or your at the airport to do it getting through on the phone to cancel is far from easy ..
Old Jul 5, 22, 9:36 am

Programs: AF/KL Plat, BA Gold, TK Silver, IHG Platinum, MR Gold, HH Gold, A-Club Silver, Hertz PC
Hi all,

After almost a decade not flying on Star Alliance, I booked a couple months ago a business class LH-ticket (220 stock) for an upcoming trip between AMS and SCL as such :
AMS-YYZ-SCL (P class), AC operated, LH marketed for the AMS-YYZ leg
Return SCL-YYZ-(stopover for 3 days)-VIE-AMS, AC operated and marketed (Z class) for SCL-YYZ, AC operated and OS marketed for YYZ-VIE and OS operated and marketed for the last VIE-AMS leg (both legs in P class)
Given the fact a stopover in Toronto was included in this trip, none of the LH-group websites could offer me this, so I booked via Expedia.
Today, I received a notification that our last leg VIE-AMS was delayed of 2 and half hours (flight is in 6 months), resulting in a 9-hour connection in VIE instead of 6 hours (which was already long but ok, we now arrive at 19:15 instead of 16:55).
Now, I called Expedia to see if we could get rebooked with a better connection via ZRH (YYZ-ZRH-AMS) and found availability in P (although not on the LX codeshare - see below) and at the exact same dates which will make us arrive at 14:10 instead of 19:15 (we then have 3 hours to drive so that would be appreciated, although this is none of the airline's business to deal with that!).
The agent said that he could not rebook us on this routing and said that it had to be via VIE. Looking at the Lufthansa group rebooking guidelines for travel agents, I think should have the right to ask for a rebooking via ZRH right as this would be considered as a SKCHG with more than 2 hours delay ? But it is unclear if the same RBD is needed for the new segments or not as this is a LH ticket and the schedule change is on OS.
How can I get this done ? The Expedia call center agent located far away did not seem to be aware of the policy and I could not escalate this case to a supervisor (he offered a refund though but I certainly refused). I am sure that if I contact LH or OS they will tell me to pound sand and contact Expedia.
(And yes, I am sure some will tell me never to book via an OTA and I don't usually do that. I will stop doing that for sure the day the respective airline websites would allow me to book multi-stops tickets like this one in a reliable way !)

Thanks in advance for the help !

Last edited by palmanfr; Jul 5, 22 at 10:08 am
Old Jul 5, 22, 11:00 am

You have to work with Expedia, its their ticket, thats the problem with OTAs
Old Jul 5, 22, 11:16 am

Programs: AF/KL Plat, BA Gold, TK Silver, IHG Platinum, MR Gold, HH Gold, A-Club Silver, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by chris63 View Post
You have to work with Expedia, it’s their ticket, that’s the problem with OTA’s
Yeah I know this, but am I in my right in asking a rerouting via ZRH, even if the P class is not available on the LX codeshare YYZ-ZRH (AC operated )? (Only Z is available but P is available if booked as AC flight).
I can only push the OTA if I know that I am allowed to do this change.
Thanks in advance
Old Jul 5, 22, 12:58 pm

Programs: M&M
Guys, if I use the M&M Mileage Calculator does the total include:

* Status/exec Bonus?
* 1.5x Status Miles from the Q3/4 offer?
Old Jul 5, 22, 1:25 pm

Originally Posted by palmanfr View Post
Yeah I know this, but am I in my right in asking a rerouting via ZRH, even if the P class is not available on the LX codeshare YYZ-ZRH (AC operated )? (Only Z is available but P is available if booked as AC flight).
I can only push the OTA if I know that I am allowed to do this change.
Thanks in advance
Its an involuntary change, so had you booked with LH Group they should accommodate you
palmanfr likes this.
Old Jul 5, 22, 1:27 pm

Location: between DM464 and DM463 on the NAPSA26 RNAV TRANS in EDDM
Programs: this and that
Originally Posted by bertles86 View Post

* Status/exec Bonus?
ad 1: If you are logged in - yes
ad 2: afaik no
chris63 and bertles86 like this.
Old Jul 5, 22, 1:28 pm

Originally Posted by bertles86 View Post

* Status/exec Bonus?
Certainly not the bonus, its LH Group IT

Doing your own calculations from their poor info isnt that complicated
bertles86 likes this.
Old Jul 5, 22, 2:10 pm

Originally Posted by chris63 View Post
Its an involuntary change, so had you booked with LH Group they should accommodate you
Ok thanks chris63, I will call again then until I hopefully reach a capable agent who accepts to have a look on how to change my flights.

Search this Thread