Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Lufthansa Group Questions Here [2016-]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2022, 3:11 pm

Programs: MR Plat
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
If both legs are in a single ticket, yes the whole journey counts and unless there is an extraordinary circumstance beyond LH's control, you are eligible for EC261/2004 compensation of €600 since you have arrived at your final destination 5h45mins later than scheduled.
I wanted to close the loop on this to provide a datapoint for anyone else. I've received my 600 euros (converted to CAD) via direct deposit to my CAD bank account last week. I submitted the feedback online in early May so about a month. Their initial response only took about a week which was a lot faster than I expected based on what I read on here and they acknowledged the delay and the 600 euro payment. There was a few weeks of back and forth as we were trying to figure out what banking information they needed from me. They required a Canadian bank account with a Canadian bank address. Once they had everything they needed, it only took about 3 business days for the payment to show up in my bank account.
Old Jun 15, 2022, 4:30 am

Programs: OS SEN, Marriott Titanium
I am looking to book a flight with Eurowings and it has been a while since I flew with them. Does Eurowings allow you to do a paid upgrade into biz after you purchase your ticket? Do you earn the additional status miles for the paid upgrades? I recently had an issue where a United upgrade didn't get credited more status miles, so I was not sure how other airlines worked. Only had experience with LH + OS so far. Thanks.
Old Jun 15, 2022, 5:26 am

Programs: Miles and More
Hi,

My LH flight from FRA to Dubai was canceled by Lufthansa and they booked me on Emirates.
Since the ticket is in business class (and quite expensive) I was wondering what happens to Status miles since Emirates are not Star Alliance. Does anyone know?

Thx
Old Jun 15, 2022, 7:02 am

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
You can send a request to Miles & More for ORC (original routing credit). The miles will not post automatically.
Old Jun 16, 2022, 12:01 pm

Hi,

Is it necessary to update the passport number after renewal with ones Miles and More account ? I find no option in the profile section for passport details.
Will there be any issues in crediting miles with a new passport?

Please advise,
Thanks
Old Jun 16, 2022, 12:16 pm

Programs: LH SEN *
Originally Posted by lazyzee
Hi,

Is it necessary to update the passport number after renewal with ones Miles and More account ? I find no option in the profile section for passport details.
Will there be any issues in crediting miles with a new passport?

Please advise,
Thanks
Miles are credited to the Miles & More card number, regardless of the passport number.
Old Jun 17, 2022, 5:01 am

Originally Posted by andywaw
Miles are credited to the Miles & More card number, regardless of the passport number.
Thanks for the confirmation
Old Jun 17, 2022, 9:33 am

Not seeing the button to start a new thread… anyway, infrequent flyer here. Flying STL to MUC by way of FRA at the end of this month on Lufthansa. Scheduled to arrive FRA at 7:45. My connecting flight time is 9:15. Is that way too short of a time to make it to my connecting flight? Is there a way to know with some certainty of the gate arrival and the connecting flight gate of departure so I already have some sense of where to go and how much time it will take?

Should I just try to change my connecting flight to a later time?

Last edited by inahandbasket; Jun 17, 2022 at 9:47 am
Old Jun 17, 2022, 11:06 am

1h30 mins is plenty of time, especially since US flights tend to be a bit early. You will be able to see your connecting gate 30-40 mins before landing on your IFE, or immediately after disembarking on the airport screens. I wouldn't worry at all. If you by any chance miss your connection, LH will put you on the first following flight, and there are plenty.
Old Jun 18, 2022, 5:16 am

Thanks for that information, gojko88. I appreciate it!
gojko88 likes this.
Old Jun 19, 2022, 8:02 am

When accessing a lounge through a business class ticket, is access granted based on the airline issuing the ticket, or the airline operating the (departing) flight?
More specifically: My ticket is booked with Lufthansa. My return flights are MNL-DXB with Philippine Airlines and DXB->ZRH with Swiss. I'd like to spend some time in a lounge in Dubai, so trying to understand which lounge(s) I'd have access to.
Old Jun 19, 2022, 8:08 am

Originally Posted by stevensegers
or the airline operating the (departing) flight?
This. In your case it doesn't really make a difference, since Lufthansa and Swiss both belong to LH Group, so you'll get access to the Lufthansa Business lounge in Dubai.
Old Jun 19, 2022, 8:22 am

Thanks for confirming this, gojko88. You are correct; I had somehow concluded Swiss has their own lounge, but they don't.
Old Jun 20, 2022, 1:44 pm

Programs: OS SEN, Marriott Titanium
For LH/OS, are there certain fares that are upgradeable vs not? e.g. is L not upgradeable, but Q might be as an example?
Old Jun 20, 2022, 1:49 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by MasterGberry
For LH/OS, are there certain fares that are upgradeable vs not? e.g. is L not upgradeable, but Q might be as an example?
all bookng classes are now upgradeable. You just need more miles, also from the lowest classes K, L, T.

https://www.miles-and-more.com/ch/en..._basic_01.html

Last edited by 59Impala; Jun 20, 2022 at 1:57 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.