Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Lufthansa Group Questions Here [2016-]

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2022, 7:51 am

Programs: OS SEN, Marriott Titanium
Hey, so I just got my M&M frequent flyer digital card today (yay), and I noticed that the card number is completely different. Do I need to update my bookings with the new card number? or does the old one forward to it?
Old May 31, 2022, 8:52 am

Originally Posted by MasterGberry
Hey, so I just got my M&M frequent flyer digital card today (yay), and I noticed that the card number is completely different. Do I need to update my bookings with the new card number? or does the old one forward to it?
You can use either number, your status will be recognised.
MasterGberry likes this.
Old Jun 2, 2022, 10:47 am

Programs: M&M
Folks, what are the best flight options for WAW>DUB to maximise status miles?
Does anyone do this regularly that can make a suggestion?

I can see:
WAW MUC DUB
WAW FRA DUB
WAW ZRH DUB
Old Jun 2, 2022, 1:18 pm

Location: between DM464 and DM463 on the NAPSA26 RNAV TRANS in EDDM
Programs: this and that
It doesn't make a big difference since flights within Europe are credited a fixed amount of miles. The only leverage you have is the booking class available for a specific route / carrier. That might make a (small) difference. Given that, I personally would avoid FRA if I were in your shoes. Connections in MUC and ZRH are a lot easier than travelling via FRA.
FinnLuft likes this.
Old Jun 2, 2022, 5:03 pm

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by cas_de
It doesn't make a big difference since flights within Europe are credited a fixed amount of miles. The only leverage you have is the booking class available for a specific route / carrier. That might make a (small) difference. Given that, I personally would avoid FRA if I were in your shoes. Connections in MUC and ZRH are a lot easier than travelling via FRA.
This is a S>NS connection to a shorthaul, I would strongly suggest MUC over ZRH.
yurtripper and FinnLuft like this.
Old Jun 3, 2022, 4:13 am

Programs: M&M
Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
This is a S>NS connection to a shorthaul, I would strongly suggest MUC over ZRH.
S>NS?
Old Jun 3, 2022, 4:39 am

Location: between DM464 and DM463 on the NAPSA26 RNAV TRANS in EDDM
Programs: this and that
Originally Posted by bertles86
S>NS?
schengen to non schengen
Old Jun 4, 2022, 5:28 am

Programs: Aeroflot Bonus - Gold, Marco Polo - Silver
LH booking engine: search for connecting flights with longer connection (near 24 hour

Hi,
I’m relatively new to flying with LH group and was wondering if there is a way to get connecting journeys with long layovers without resorting to the multi stop search engine which would inevitably require selecting all flights before getting a price?
What I’d like to achieve is a return itinerary BER-xxx-AGP with about 24 hours layover at xxx.
Thanks in advance for sharing your advice
Old Jun 5, 2022, 6:12 am

Programs: SEN**, Ex TK Elite+, Ex IB Sapphire, Hyatt Gold, Bonvoy, Meliá Platinum
Originally Posted by hessbo
Hi,
I’m relatively new to flying with LH group and was wondering if there is a way to get connecting journeys with long layovers without resorting to the multi stop search engine which would inevitably require selecting all flights before getting a price?
What I’d like to achieve is a return itinerary BER-xxx-AGP with about 24 hours layover at xxx.
Thanks in advance for sharing your advice
Flights ex BER via MUC are usually cheaper than via FRA... But yes, unfortunatelly you have to select each flight seperately. Just make sure your layover is less than 24h. The other good option is that you search BER-AGP and you check which connections are cheaper, e.i. 0600-1300 and 15-2200, so you already know if you take, 0600 and the one that arrives 2200 you will get cheaper price. Bear in mind that the App or web don't show all possible connections, and if this is more than 3hrs they will show 2 conex. instead.
If you have to do a long layover only once, I suggest you that in "multi city" search you put just AGP-BER, so you save one step.
Hope this helps, but yes it is time consuming, but remember once you get the price, you have to start a new search, if not, the system will not show you the price on the last step...
Old Jun 5, 2022, 7:11 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Hi Guys,

I am new to the Star Alliance 'side' (currently OneWorld Sapphire/BA Gold), and the information to be found on the Star Alliance website seems a little unclear.

I've a few flights across Star Alliance airlines, so wondered if you may be able me get my head around is;

1. BA has Lounge access at Silver AND Gold - but Star Alliance is Gold only?

2. Senator Lounge First/Gold only? But what is the difference between this and a 'regular Gold'?

3. Are the equivalent United First/Senator Lounges - or these only Lufthansa-based, as Untied doesn't have First?

4. Gold is calculated on miles....? I guess each airline is different? So what is a good yardstick to get to Gold? For example, BA is 1,500 Tier Points, which is about 10 and a bit long-haul flights in Business.

Sorry for newbie questions!

Thanks!
N
FinnLuft likes this.
Old Jun 5, 2022, 7:30 am

@1: Yes, but BA also has Bronze. M&M and other *A programs start at Silver.
Star Gold is roughly equivalent to OW Sapphire.

@2: Not sure what you mean by this. Senator lounge is available to all *Gold and *A First passengers. Lufthansa group First class passengers and M&M HON members have access to LH group First class lounges.

@3: United has Club lounges and Polaris lounges. Club lounges are available to all *G members. Polaris lounges are available to pax departing with a Polaris BP or on a long-haul flight with a partner in J or F.

@4: Each airline is different. LH is comparatively difficult to earn and maintain *G. There are other airlines with easier qualification requirements, particularly A3. The flipside is that for these "cheap" statuses, they tend to earn zero on a lot of discount fare buckets, even discount business. So far, all airlines in Europe base the qualification in Miles. Some allow also for Segments on their own metal. LH is planning to change to a hybrid system, this was delayed due to COVID and is not clear when it will be starting.
Old Jun 7, 2022, 8:09 am

Programs: KF Gold|VA Gold|HH Diamond|Kimpton IC|Hyatt Gold
How strict is is the one bag carry-on policy?
I normally travel with a backpack and either a carry bag or cabin suitcase.
Old Jun 7, 2022, 8:35 am

Programs: LH SEN
I just became FT on my flight from EU to USA. Coming back in a couple of days, so should I modify my booking with the new M&M card number or it wil automatically credit me the miles (and bonus) for the return trip?
FinnLuft likes this.
Old Jun 7, 2022, 9:04 am

Originally Posted by oh_lol
How strict is is the one bag carry-on policy?
I normally travel with a backpack and either a carry bag or cabin suitcase.
The policy is one carry-on and one personal item. A normal sized backpack fits under personal item.

Originally Posted by BKft
I just became FT on my flight from EU to USA. Coming back in a couple of days, so should I modify my booking with the new M&M card number or it wil automatically credit me the miles (and bonus) for the return trip?
You don't need to change the number, the accounts are synced.
BKft and FinnLuft like this.
Old Jun 9, 2022, 2:14 pm

Programs: AY Plat, LH Silver, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire, Marriott Gold, etc.
I started collecting miles for Lufthansa in 2020, and reached FTL in 2021. I am still confused on the five different miles system: Award Miles, Status Miles, Select Miles, HON Circle Miles, Status Star points. I think I understand the difference between Award and Status Miles, but I have no clue about Select Miles, HON Circle Miles or Status Star points. I have also received three different membership numbers. I do not know which one I should use.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.