Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Lufthansa Group Questions Here [2016-]

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2022, 4:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by MasterGberry
I actually think I can answer my own question (would love a second opinion though). The problem is some segments have Z/P, and some are only available in D. So by default, the airline assigns a complete flight path in D, right?
Yes, it’s married segments
MasterGberry likes this.
Old May 3, 2022, 5:31 am

Post Need Info Denver-Frankfurt-Delhi trip.

Hey, So i just booked a lufthansa flight from Denver to New Delhi. I hold an American Passport and I have a recently approved Indian E-Visa for 1 Year.
I am fully vaccinated along with a booster dose i got recently.
My questions are:
Do I need a COVID test to transit via germany? For India I don't but want to confirm for Germany.
Will the CDC vaccination card work? Also the vaccination card has Middle initial only, not the full middle name, by standard format. Although everything else - passport, ticket and visa have exact full names.
I have booked an onward flight to bangkok, from delhi. Will that be a suitable proof of onward travel at departure check in? I hope they do not expect a return ticket all the way back to USA.
Is 2 hours of connection time at FRA enough?
Thanks in advance!
Old May 3, 2022, 5:55 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by MasterGberry
I actually think I can answer my own question (would love a second opinion though). The problem is some segments have Z/P, and some are only available in D. So by default, the airline assigns a complete flight path in D, right?
You need to look up your whole route on expertflyer. The availability of classes on the connection need not reflect availability of lower or higher classes on individual flights.

Originally Posted by Akshit Makhija
Hey, So i just booked a lufthansa flight from Denver to New Delhi. I hold an American Passport and I have a recently approved Indian E-Visa for 1 Year.
I am fully vaccinated along with a booster dose i got recently.
My questions are:
Do I need a COVID test to transit via germany? For India I don't but want to confirm for Germany.
Will the CDC vaccination card work? Also the vaccination card has Middle initial only, not the full middle name, by standard format. Although everything else - passport, ticket and visa have exact full names.
I have booked an onward flight to bangkok, from delhi. Will that be a suitable proof of onward travel at departure check in? I hope they do not expect a return ticket all the way back to USA.
Is 2 hours of connection time at FRA enough?
Thanks in advance!
If you transit through Germany without entering Germany, you don't need any specific requrements, only that you need to be able to enter your destination country.
2 hours is enough.
Old May 3, 2022, 11:26 am

Programs: Previously UA 1K, Delta Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat, Avis First, AA Gold
Originally Posted by malmostoso
I'm not 100% sure tbh. There is a thing called "most significant carrier rule" whereby you'd probably be ok, but I'm not sure I'd want to risk that kind of discussion with an agent at a (minor) outstation. Maybe someone more experienced will give you better information!
I found the most significant carrier rule, but this is going to be all on LH metal with LH flight numbers, so I wasn't sure if there's a similar "most significant class" rule or not when the carrier doesn't change.

I was just imagining that in ABV if your first class is in C, you'll use C check in and they'll give you the C baggage allowance. Whereas Y check-in in ABV (having been there once) is extremely chaotic and I can't imagine trying to talk to the agent about the baggage allowance.
Old May 4, 2022, 7:48 pm

Refund problem with Lufthansa

I booked a flight from CPH-FRA-SIN-AKL return, outbound flight was booked as basic, and inbound flight was booked flex (refundable)...

I flew to AKL and a few weeks later decided I needed to the change flight back, LH website change tool didn't offer many dates/options so I decided to cancel the flight...

I have only received the taxes (~$100) as the refund. Called LH call centre multiple times and have been told two different stories as explanation for it, but both say that I am not to receive the ~$1500 I paid for the return fare (which was booked as Economy Flex), and that I should fill in a feedback form if I want...

The call centre operator said that they have taken the "most restrictive" fare conditions of my booking (i.e. the outbound fare) and applied that to the inbound flight, even though they acknowledge the inbound was booked as a fully flexible ticket, and that will be why I don't get the refund...I asked where I can find this policy, where it states that this is the case, I was told that it was an internal policy, and not for customer knowledge.

I now don't know who to contact about this, I would appreciate any help/advice on what to do here. I feel scammed, it also feels illegal. As a college student, I don't exactly have $1500 down the side of couch to spend, I was visiting my family for Easter after a long time away. Does anyone know what I can do about this? Thanks in advance.

Last edited by lthorogood; May 4, 2022 at 7:54 pm
Old May 4, 2022, 11:25 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
When mixing fares the most restrictive component applies to the entire ticket.
Old May 5, 2022, 12:05 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
When mixing fares the most restrictive component applies to the entire ticket.
That’s pretty misleading and deceptive to sell someone part of a ticket as refundable—when it isn’t.
Old May 5, 2022, 12:30 am

Originally Posted by lthorogood
That’s pretty misleading and deceptive to sell someone part of a ticket as refundable—when it isn’t.
I feel for OP, however this is displayed in the fare recap page:

It seems pretty clear to me.
Old May 6, 2022, 2:40 pm

July Croatia flights

In April, we booked Economy Class (S) RT tickets to Croatia.

I'm wondering about our return to USA, is our Gov. going to get rid of the Test requirement soon?

What if we Test positive and cannot return to the USA as scheduled?

Do we lose our ticket money and have to rebook for $$$ on short notice, whenever we test negative?
Old May 6, 2022, 3:02 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
If I fly something like NY-Munich in F and then Munich-FRA-Madrid in J do I have access to F lounges in Munich and FRA? I seem to recall having access to the FCT when I went from NY to Istanbul with connection in Frankfurt where I switched from F to J , which suggests I would have F lounge in Munich but I dunno if that would carry over to FRA.
Old May 6, 2022, 3:13 pm

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
You should have FCL access when arriving on a same-day F flight (in both MUC and FRA), but I don't think it applies to FCT, only FCL. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
Old May 6, 2022, 10:49 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by geoffkin
In April, we booked Economy Class (S) RT tickets to Croatia.

I'm wondering about our return to USA, is our Gov. going to get rid of the Test requirement soon?

What if we Test positive and cannot return to the USA as scheduled?

Do we lose our ticket money and have to rebook for $$$ on short notice, whenever we test negative?
If your fare isn't flexible/refundable then your assessment is correct - you'd lose the flight and have to pay for a new one. Unless you're staying with friends or family, you'd also need to pay for accommodation for the extra time you're there - I don't know what Croatia's current rules are, but there may be a mandatory minimum time before you can leave quarantine, even if you test negative earlier.

If you're concerned about the possible costs of all this, travel insurance is your friend!
Old May 6, 2022, 11:41 pm

Programs: M&M
I'm flying FRA-LOS tomorrow, a visa is required for entry. I have my VOA Approval letter (visa on arrival) which is exchanged at LOS for the actual visa. The in-app check in demands a visa number, which I don't have, so I guess I must check in at the airport?
Old May 7, 2022, 2:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Red259
If I fly something like NY-Munich in F and then Munich-FRA-Madrid in J do I have access to F lounges in Munich and FRA? I seem to recall having access to the FCT when I went from NY to Istanbul with connection in Frankfurt where I switched from F to J , which suggests I would have F lounge in Munich but I dunno if that would carry over to FRA.
Yes, with an F inbound BP you have access to all F lounges in MUC & FRA for the entire day, including the FCT
Old May 7, 2022, 2:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bertles86
I'm flying FRA-LOS tomorrow, a visa is required for entry. I have my VOA Approval letter (visa on arrival) which is exchanged at LOS for the actual visa. The in-app check in demands a visa number, which I don't have, so I guess I must check in at the airport?
Yes, you will need to demonstrate compliance at the airport check in.
bertles86 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.