Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Lufthansa Group Questions Here [2016-]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2022, 11:40 am

Originally Posted by fridgy
how long does it take to reissue a rebooked flights after the call? ive been waiting for over 17 days now. my PNR shows new flights but i cant select seats and there is not a new eticket number.
you have to push, unfortunately from my experiences, call them
fridgy likes this.
Old Apr 6, 2022, 10:37 pm

Hey all

Flying BRU-FRA-BER later this month. Layover is quite lenghty.

Sadly no status so I wanted to buy a lounge pass for one of the LH lounges-presumably only Schengen is an option? Money isn't really an issue.

Any tips on which lounge has the best apron view and is over-all most comfortable? They currently offer passes for:
-Business lounge A13
-Business lounge A26
-Business lounge Z
-Business lounge B West
-Panorama lounge
-LH Lounge A, B and Z

Thanks very much in advance!!

-N
Old Apr 7, 2022, 12:01 am

Programs: AA, AI-FR, ClubVistara, KrisFlyer, EK, InterMiles
Generic Error on LH

I've been trying to book ORD-ZRH-BOM-BLR on LX and AI via LH.com but face this error "15012" each time. Interestingly, this error goes away if I choose another airline for the BOM-BLR segment. I would prefer to fly on AI so how do I go about it?

Cheers!

Spoiler

Old Apr 7, 2022, 1:51 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Try the swiss.com website (not mobile) that will give you a better result. AI & UK are usually included in the fares for Indian domestic feeders.
Old Apr 7, 2022, 7:52 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by hmv
I will be flying with LH through Munich upcoming weekend and because I don't have status, will be using my Amex Platinum to gain access to the LH Business Lounge.
However, what do they charge for an additional guest? Website of Amex is not clear on it.
Not quite sure here. I can't get to AMEX pages for LH lounge access for some reason.

Normally you can buy extra guests for Business lounges for 25 EUR, if you are entering on basis of your FTL or J BP (or *G, who can pay 25 for BIZ or 40 for SEN). But the website does not specify what is the case for Amex Plat holders.

The other option is to buy in through here: https://lufthansa.travelintegration.com/lounges/search for 49EUR.

Originally Posted by NiCre
Hey all

Sadly no status so I wanted to buy a lounge pass for one of the LH lounges-presumably only Schengen is an option? Money isn't really an issue.

Any tips on which lounge has the best apron view and is over-all most comfortable? They currently offer passes for:
-Business lounge A13
-Business lounge A26
-Business lounge Z
-Business lounge B West
-Panorama lounge
-LH Lounge A, B and Z

-N
I really liked Panorama lounge, but I don't know if it's actually open. I'd steer clear of B. Upsell to SEN is not worth it.

Of the two A business lounges, I feel like A26 has the better views.
Old Apr 7, 2022, 2:26 pm

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond (SK); Hilton Diamond + few others
Flying Bangkok to Copenhagen this coming summer and can choose between Lufthansa or Austrian for the same price in economy.

Austrian uses a 777-200 with 3-4-3 config
LH uses a 350-900 with 3-3-3

We're a family of 4. I know that the Austrian 777 has 4 seats in the middle which is more convenient, but as far as I remember it's pretty cramped.
I'm crediting miles to SAS Eurobonus and LH gives 50 % of the mileage and Austrian somehow only 25 % (in booking class W)

I also know LH doesn't serve alcoholic drinks anymore (only beer and wine). How about Austrian? I imagine their food is better.

What would you recommend?

Last edited by EBGflyer; Apr 7, 2022 at 3:17 pm
Old Apr 8, 2022, 10:28 am

Booked on United and flying SZG-BER-EWR-RDU in July. SZG-BER is on Eurowings. All other legs are on United. To pick seats for the Eurowings leg, United tells me to pick through Eurowings. I went to the Eurowings website and put in the Eurowings confirmation that shows up in the United app, but the Eurowings website doesn't recognize it as a valid confirmation number. Any ideas or suggestions?
Old Apr 8, 2022, 8:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by NiCre
Hey all

-Business lounge A13
-Business lounge A26
-Business lounge Z
-Business lounge B West
-Panorama lounge
-LH Lounge A, B and Z

-N
Other than time saving, purchasing a pass online has no advantage as the walk-in prices are the same.
If I were you, on the day of departure, I would head to one of the Schengen Lounges and handed my credit card to enter.

The A26 Business Lounge is IMO a bit better in terms of views and amenities as it's located where the old First Class Lounge was located with First Class showers and located at the higher level allowing better views. Compared to A13, it's also less crowded because it's towards the middle of the regular A concourse rather than being near the duty free area.
Old Apr 9, 2022, 6:59 pm

Programs: CO Platinum/1K, SPG Platinum/Ambassador
I’m flying OSL-MUC on a Y ticket. There’s no room on the 715AM at all. If someone no shows the flight, is there a way to standby earlier from the 1135AM that I’m on? It’s not an issue of being unwilling to pay (as there’s no add collect) but one of there not being a seat to confirm.
Old Apr 9, 2022, 7:33 pm

Traveling as a family of 4 & booking together. If I do not opt for seat selection at the time of booking, does the airline assign seats? If so, will they be random separate seats or will they put us together?

What are the chances of getting the seats together when airline opens up seat selection 24 hours before departure?
Old Apr 9, 2022, 11:58 pm

Originally Posted by dparkinson
I’m flying OSL-MUC on a Y ticket. There’s no room on the 715AM at all. If someone no shows the flight, is there a way to standby earlier from the 1135AM that I’m on? It’s not an issue of being unwilling to pay (as there’s no add collect) but one of there not being a seat to confirm.
In general European airlines don't have the "standby" concept as in the US. The best you can do is to keep monitoring the flight and maybe try calling the night before, some cancellations might have happened.
Old Apr 9, 2022, 11:59 pm

Originally Posted by Redhat72
Traveling as a family of 4 & booking together. If I do not opt for seat selection at the time of booking, does the airline assign seats? If so, will they be random separate seats or will they put us together?
Depending on the age of the travelers, you'll be seated together, at the very least they'll put a child with an adult.

What are the chances of getting the seats together when airline opens up seat selection 24 hours before departure?
As long as you check in early, very high.
Redhat72 likes this.
Old Apr 10, 2022, 8:27 am

Originally Posted by dparkinson
Assuming Y ticket means "Economy class", and not full fare Y fare (where you can flexibly change), your chances are quite low.

You can always hope that due to last-minute cancellations/no-shows, that there is some space (possibly), and that the airline is willing to accomodate you on an earlier flight (without status, chances are lower on that than with status), but generally this is NOT policy to enable such flight changes. You might get lucky, and if you don't mind to hang out 4 extra hours at the airport, you can try it, but I'd not bet on it, at all.

LH group will usually try to seat groups together, but on very full flights and larger groups, that might not always be possible. However, even if you pay for ASR, that will NOT guarantee you to sit together, as there might be aircraft changes and ASR on short haul only guarantees you a window/aisle seat, not a specific seat. On long haul, it's more-or-less-guaranteed, but on long haul, they'll also put more effort into sitting groups together.
Redhat72 likes this.
Old Apr 10, 2022, 5:06 pm

Originally Posted by malmostoso
Depending on the age of the travelers, you'll be seated together, at the very least they'll put a child with an adult.

As long as you check in early, very high.
Thanks. That is assuring.

Originally Posted by YuropFlyer
LH group will usually try to seat groups together, but on very full flights and larger groups, that might not always be possible. However, even if you pay for ASR, that will NOT guarantee you to sit together, as there might be aircraft changes and ASR on short haul only guarantees you a window/aisle seat, not a specific seat. On long haul, it's more-or-less-guaranteed, but on long haul, they'll also put more effort into sitting groups together.
Thanks. I will keep checking the seat assignments to get an idea of availability.

Just curious on how this algorithm works - if LH tries to seat groups together, does that mean the algorithm has already assigned seats in the system at the time of booking? Just that they have not released those assignments to me as they are expecting that I purchase & plus they are subject to change i.e. if someone else happens to select those pre-assigned seats. As long as they put us 2x2 or all 4 together (middle row), we have no issues. Even 3x1 is fine. But definitely would not prefer 4 separate seats.
Old Apr 11, 2022, 1:16 am

Programs: LH SEN
Just curious on how this algorithm works - if LH tries to seat groups together, does that mean the algorithm has already assigned seats in the system at the time of booking? Just that they have not released those assignments to me as they are expecting that I purchase & plus they are subject to change i.e. if someone else happens to select those pre-assigned seats. As long as they put us 2x2 or all 4 together (middle row), we have no issues. Even 3x1 is fine. But definitely would not prefer 4 separate seats.
That is pretty much exactly how their system works.

It has a proposed seating plan that takes into account groups on a single PNR, status customers etc.etc which is then updated any time someone does an advanced seat reservation.

It tries to keep groups together but will separate adults if necessary. It should not separate a child from an adult.

When you go to check-in the seats that are automatically selected for you are the ones based off the current plan. You either accept them or move to other free seats. If you change, it will update it's plan for other customers who have not checked-in yet.
Redhat72 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.