[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Lufthansa Group Questions Here [2016-]

Old Mar 25, 2022, 10:48 am

Programs: LH SEN *
Originally Posted by SuraBoy
Understood, thanks for the prompt reply. Are LH policies restrictive compared to LX's own? Looks like I'll have 120 mins of connection time in ZRH, so not really worried about delays (fingers crossed)
Airlines policies keep changing, and I cannot really say how they compare. Some people report LX can be sometimes really difficult to accept responsibility. Plus, they are not EU airline, which may have certain consequences when you claim money for delays.
Old Mar 25, 2022, 10:53 am

Programs: AA, AI-FR, ClubVistara, KrisFlyer, EK, InterMiles
Originally Posted by andywaw
Airlines policies keep changing, and I cannot really say how they compare. Some people report LX can be sometimes really difficult to accept responsibility. Plus, they are not EU airline, which may have certain consequences when you claim money for delays.
Thanks for the insights!
Old Apr 3, 2022, 5:09 am

Programs: LH SEN
Hi! I've searched the forum and was unable to find exact answer...

I have around 250k miles that will expire on June 30th, 2022. So June 2023 is the latest date for which I can book flights (one year in advance from expiry deadline). The question is - Will I be able to in the future (e.g. in May 2023) to rebook my flights for a later date (e.g. September 2023 or even dates in 2024) or the end of June 2023 (one year in advance from the initial booking) will be the latest? Thanks for any suggestions.

P.S. These are miles from mileage pooling so my status won't help.
Old Apr 3, 2022, 6:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
I think it's the date that the ticket was issued which counts. You can make changes for 1 year from that date
kuba1234 likes this.
Old Apr 3, 2022, 6:22 am

Originally Posted by Concerto
I think it's the date that the ticket was issued which counts. You can make changes for 1 year from that date
You're correct, this is from GTC of M&M program:

"2.2 Advance booking period and ticket validity
Your flight awards can be booked up to 361 days before the departure date required. Flight awards are valid up to twelve months from the date of issue."

Thanks for your help
Old Apr 3, 2022, 4:20 pm

Question: Are premium classes (Premium Economy & Business Class) on intercontinental LH routes really getting filled up? The fares are outrageously high. I understand that the demand for travel, oil prices & the geo political situation due to war are driving the prices but I'm seeing 3x to 5x times fares than normal.
Old Apr 3, 2022, 4:37 pm

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
Intercontinental to where? US routes are experiencing a surge for sure.
Old Apr 3, 2022, 6:45 pm

Originally Posted by gojko88
Intercontinental to where? US routes are experiencing a surge for sure.
Looking at flights from US to India around May/June time period.

Economy - $2,400+
Premium Economy - $5,000+
Business Class - $8,000 +
Old Apr 4, 2022, 2:09 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

The flights to India are only ramping up in June.
Old Apr 4, 2022, 2:32 pm

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by Redhat72
Question: Are premium classes (Premium Economy & Business Class) on intercontinental LH routes really getting filled up? The fares are outrageously high. I understand that the demand for travel, oil prices & the geo political situation due to war are driving the prices but I'm seeing 3x to 5x times fares than normal.
I was trying to get out of the US because our UA direct flights to India were canceled - and LH ex-EWR were quite full - obviously.

However, all UA flights seem to be going pretty full to other TATL destinations, so there is most definitely a large rise in travel...

In fact, UA GS members (ala HON) suddenly came out of the woodwork in March - and were populating the waitlists in droves...

All my LH flights EWR-FRA-MUC-DEL were very full... (and the EWR-MUC later flight was full as well - lots of US Army Reservists were unable to board that flight)
Old Apr 5, 2022, 9:40 am

Hello,
I'm looking at the flight PRG->WAW->ICN via LOT in business and they offer business semi flex and business full flex fares which are supposedly F and D class respectively. Do I understand correctly that both should credit status miles, just with a slightly different multiplier according to wheretocredit? I'm primarly asking because the Business full flex fare specifically mentions Miles & More status miles as a benefit which makes it a bit confusing. I'd attach a screenshot but can't seem to do so yet as a new user, apologies.
Old Apr 5, 2022, 9:45 am

Programs: LH SEN *
Originally Posted by Sqall
Hello,
I'm looking at the flight PRG->WAW->ICN via LOT in business and they offer business semi flex and business full flex fares which are supposedly F and D class respectively. Do I understand correctly that both should credit status miles, just with a slightly different multiplier according to wheretocredit? I'm primarly asking because the Business full flex fare specifically mentions Miles & More status miles as a benefit which makes it a bit confusing. I'd attach a screenshot but can't seem to do so yet as a new user, apologies.
Both will credit status miles in Miles & More account as well as award miles.
Old Apr 5, 2022, 4:39 pm

Vaccination proof

Hello to all.
Do you know if vaccination QR code are still required at the lufthansa lounges in germany?

Thank you
Old Apr 6, 2022, 11:09 am
hmv

I will be flying with LH through Munich upcoming weekend and because I don't have status, will be using my Amex Platinum to gain access to the LH Business Lounge.
However, what do they charge for an additional guest? Website of Amex is not clear on it.
Old Apr 6, 2022, 11:22 am

Programs: SE+, OWS
how long does it take to reissue a rebooked flights after the call? ive been waiting for over 17 days now. my PNR shows new flights but i cant select seats and there is not a new eticket number.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.