Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Lufthansa Group Questions Here [2016-]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2022, 2:21 pm

Programs: LH SEN *
Originally Posted by Flauschie_Mr
I understand that when I purchase a LH ticket I can cancel it within 24h of the purchase. When this happens does one have the option of getting the refund as a voucher or is it only as a refund back to the method of payment (debit card / credit card / wire transfer)? I'm asking since United is giving me always the options between refund and future flight credit.
Automatic refund only.
Old Mar 8, 2022, 2:17 pm

Programs: Delta, Turkish Elite, American
Star Gold exit row benefits on Austrian and Lufthansa

Whenever I, as Star Gold (from United), try to select exit row seating at booking (on classic fares) or at online checkin (for light fares), the app or website insists on charging me. I thought they were free for Star Gold. Is this wrong?

At the airport, they will assign an exit row seat with no cost.
Old Mar 8, 2022, 2:31 pm

Exit Rows aren't free (even for their own elite members)

You have a good shot at getting an exit row at the airport if you're Elite AND they're unoccupied
Old Mar 8, 2022, 2:31 pm

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by kahuna613
Whenever I, as Star Gold (from United), try to select exit row seating at booking (on classic fares) or at online checkin (for light fares), the app or website insists on charging me. I thought they were free for Star Gold. Is this wrong?

At the airport, they will assign an exit row seat with no cost.
Preferred ASR is not a *G benefit.

Most *A members only offer it to their own elites.

E.g. for LH group HON/SEN get free preferred ASR
Old Mar 16, 2022, 4:20 am

Programs: All of 'em
Miles Expiration

Miles expire 31/3
Book a flight now for 15/4
If the flight needs to be canceled after 31/3, will LH refund the miles with an expiration date of 30/6, or will the miles not return to the account?
Old Mar 17, 2022, 7:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by Nekamah7
Miles expire 31/3
Book a flight now for 15/4
If the flight needs to be canceled after 31/3, will LH refund the miles with an expiration date of 30/6, or will the miles not return to the account?
That’s what should happen but in a number of cases the miles disappeared & M&M declined to reinstate. It’s not in the T&C for them to be recredited after their expiry date.
Old Mar 17, 2022, 9:49 am

Programs: LH SEN *
Some people reported that in such situations their "expired" miles returned to their account for one day only, so there's (little) time to use them for a new award booking.
Old Mar 17, 2022, 6:39 pm

Good evening,

LH lounge access with guest. I am *G, traveling in PE on LH, FCO MUC IAD, also United Club member. I know I can access the lounge (SEN?) but may I bring a guest on the same PNR?

Thank you!
Old Mar 17, 2022, 9:04 pm

Yes you can
Old Mar 20, 2022, 6:12 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
There seem to be some good fares to AKL in business from CDG in Sep However, that all transit HKG. Currently it's an impossible journey as far as I can tell. Is it a risk worth taking to book such a journey?
Old Mar 20, 2022, 6:16 am

Originally Posted by webstereo
There seem to be some good fares to AKL in business from CDG in Sep However, that all transit HKG. Currently it's an impossible journey as far as I can tell. Is it a risk worth taking to book such a journey?
I was looking at the same fares (out of AMS) and decided not to take the risk and pay a bit more to travel through SIN. Right now there are some very good fares through the US, if you dig well. Some even have a return with only one connection through SFO/ORD/IAH and the transatlantic leg on UA. Prices start around 1100€.

EDIT: sorry you were talking J, I don't know if those routings are available in J as well. Definitely for Y though.
Old Mar 20, 2022, 9:02 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by malmostoso
I was looking at the same fares (out of AMS) and decided not to take the risk and pay a bit more to travel through SIN. Right now there are some very good fares through the US, if you dig well. Some even have a return with only one connection through SFO/ORD/IAH and the transatlantic leg on UA. Prices start around 1100€.

EDIT: sorry you were talking J, I don't know if those routings are available in J as well. Definitely for Y though.
Yep J. I can see this North America ones but I see two problems (for me) - one is that the layover in USA is 1.5 hours. This isn't something I have done for years but I understand you're supposed to collect your bags and re check them? Not sure there's enough time.The other difficulty is that my partner needs an actual visa for that 1.5 hour transit which is both costly and rather a pain in the backside.

So what happens if I book this and it can't happen due to restrictions? Refund?
Old Mar 20, 2022, 9:36 am

Originally Posted by webstereo
.So what happens if I book this and it can't happen due to restrictions? Refund?
I think that if you book through HKG and can't travel due to you not having the right paperwork you're SOL. If they cancel the flight then you can get a refund.
Old Mar 20, 2022, 7:37 pm

I booked a trip on UA with a couple of segments on UA, LH and EW. I was able to select most of the seats on UA's website, except for EW.
How to proceed?
Old Mar 20, 2022, 8:56 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium
Hi,

I have to fly from BCN to FRA one way. the one way tickets are more expensive than return, Is it ok if i fly one way and the remaining goes to waste? Or is that skiplagging?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.