Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Lufthansa Group Questions Here [2016-]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2022, 12:20 am

Programs: BA GGL, DL Diamond, EK Plat, LH Senator
Originally Posted by hdogan
That is correct, you will have no lounge access. Unfortunately, information posted by gtxlow is incorrect.

BTW, Barcelona is BCN; I really hope you don't end up flying to Qionghai
Sorry for the inaccuracies. I used the continuity principle which is that the highest class dictates the lounge access for the rest of a direction. It is same principle that allows a first class passenger to access the First Class Terminal even when the short haul flight is in business or economy. I used this policy before when my prior or post leg was in a lower class, either because the same class wasn't available or because the ticket was priced to have the next flight in a lower class.

In any case, if your layover is long enough, you are eligible to use the LH Welcome Lounge in Frankfurt. Just make sure if you do so to have enough time to reclear security and get to the connecting flight to BCN.

Also, lounge agents do have discretion and from experience, they are likely to grant access in this situation as it was your long haul flight that was flown in J.
sargento likes this.

Last edited by gtxlow; Feb 23, 2022 at 12:21 am Reason: addition of agent discretion
Old Feb 23, 2022, 12:59 am

Programs: SQ G, LH FTL, UA S, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by gtxlow
Sorry for the inaccuracies.
Please verify your information accuracy before posting.

I used the continuity principle which is that the highest class dictates the lounge access for the rest of a direction.
This does not exist.

It is same principle that allows a first class passenger to access the First Class Terminal even when the short haul flight is in business or economy.
This is a special case only for First Class bookings.

In any case, if your layover is long enough, you are eligible to use the LH Welcome Lounge in Frankfurt.
No, OP is *not* eligible, as he is flying in on Air Canada. Welcome lounge is only open for LH/LX/UA pax. Please reference access rules to Welcome lounge here: "Welcome" arrivals lounge in FRA

Also, lounge agents do have discretion
No, they don't. Unless they break the rules and admit you illegally. They only have discretion to deny you access
gojko88 likes this.
Old Feb 23, 2022, 7:30 am

Programs: AC*50K, IHG Platinum, Accor Gold, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by hdogan
Please verify your information accuracy before posting.

This does not exist.

This is a special case only for First Class bookings.

No, OP is *not* eligible, as he is flying in on Air Canada. Welcome lounge is only open for LH/LX/UA pax. Please reference access rules to Welcome lounge here: "Welcome" arrivals lounge in FRA

No, they don't. Unless they break the rules and admit you illegally. They only have discretion to deny you access
Thank you@gtxlow & @hdogan! First time in FRA hence learning the ropes. I'll just spend the time getting to know the airport and learn Dutch.
The Wiki lounge post is great!!

Danke sehr! Schätze die Antworten sehr.

Appreciate everyone's reply.
Old Feb 23, 2022, 8:05 am

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, SkyPesos peon
Ask Your Lufthansa Group Questions Here

Hello Guys,

Hope you might assist with information on my i-class booking, made with a Mileage Plus redemption. First segment is LH1091 on 21 May from MRS to FRA. After some minor schedule changes, LH1091 is now departing MRS at 6:50am. On-going travel from FRA is via UA, also in i-class.

Do the conditions of my ticket allow me to standby for the last MRS-FRA departure on the preceding evening? This is LH1089 at 1910 from MRS. I would then overnight at my expense at FRA, but I would still connect to my same onward UA itinerary from FRA at 11:20AM.

Please advise if standby is allowed with an i-class booking on the prior departure from my same origin city. Thanks!
Old Feb 23, 2022, 8:13 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Not possible, it would be better for you to contact UAMP and ask to be rebooked.
Old Feb 23, 2022, 11:44 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Not possible, it would be better for you to contact UAMP and ask to be rebooked.
Hi Oliver,

Thanks for the fast reply! I agree and have contacted UA. Unfortunately, MPCS advises that Miles and More is not releasing i-class (or x-class) confirmable seats on LH1089 for 20 May..

I am willing to standby for LH1089 on 20 May, PROVIDED THAT THE RULES OF MY I-CLASS BOOKING ALLOW STANDBY. On-going further travel connection at FRA will still be within 24 hours of LH1089. Was hoping you might advise if my i-class ticket allows STANDBY.

Hope you do not mind the follow-up.

Thanks!
Old Feb 23, 2022, 12:23 pm

Originally Posted by catdad
Hi Was hoping you might advise if my i-class ticket allows STANDBY.
There is no such thing as "standby" in Europe, in the same way it is meant in the US.

The best you can do is to keep on checking whether some award space opens up on the earlier flight (even in economy) and as soon as you spot a seat call UA and see if they can change.
Old Feb 23, 2022, 1:25 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Lufthansa will not allow you to standby, they will ask you to contact United to rebook and reissue the ticket. They are not allowed to touch your reservation and reissue the ticket.
Old Feb 23, 2022, 2:19 pm

Thanks, Oliver2002 and Malmostoso. Got it now --standby is a no go. Will monitor availabilities @ ua.com as the date of travel nears.
Old Feb 23, 2022, 3:06 pm

Programs: SQ G, LH FTL, UA S, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by catdad
Thanks, Oliver2002 and Malmostoso. Got it now --standby is a no go. Will monitor availabilities @ ua.com as the date of travel nears.
Expertflyer can do that for you, if you're willing to spend a few dollars
Old Feb 23, 2022, 5:13 pm

lufthansa First Class Terminal Frankfurt

im flying first from us to Frankfurt and have 3 hour layover in Frankfurt before business class flight to Viena . do I have access to the first class terminal and lounge during my layover? also will they take me to my plane via car when its time to go? my entire flight was booked as first class but Frankfurt to Viena of course doesn't have first class so its business
Old Feb 24, 2022, 12:37 am

The FRA F/HON First Class Terminal FCT FAQ
Old Feb 28, 2022, 5:21 am

I am trying to book an award on LH flights for 2 adults and 1 infant, with availability for 2 adults bookable online on M&M.com
Since I can't book an award with infant online, I called M&M but they did not see any availability.
If I book the adults online, can M&M easily add the infant afterwards? Agent said yes but would not let me quickly book it while on the phone so not sure whether it was just to get rid of me.
Old Feb 28, 2022, 7:25 am

Yes they can add it.
fereke likes this.
Old Feb 28, 2022, 12:10 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 35K
Moving to Poland for work - What should I know about Miles & More

Hi everyone,

Apologies if this is the wrong thread. I know it's frowned upon to create a new thread, and this seemed like the best place.

My wife and I will be moving to Warsaw next month for minimum 4 1/2 years for work. As part of this relocation, my company will pay for a YOW-YYZ-WAW (must be this routing) in business class. It seems like I can't buy this ticket off Air Canada's website, therefore, it seems like I'll be entering the domain of Miles & More.

Before signing up for this, is there anything that I should know and/or take advantage of? I'll be booking our tickets through LOT's website. Can I create a generic Miles & More account? Or does it have to be affiliated with LOT? Also, should I pay for this 'Multiple Miles' promotion that's ongoing?

Also, as a complete newbie to Miles & More, are there any credit cards that I should get to maximise my earning and/or status? I see that there used to be a LOT Diner's Club card, but they don't seem to be taking any registrations.

Thank you!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.