Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Lufthansa Group Questions Here [2016-]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2021, 8:52 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, United Silver, American Platinum, Hyatt Explorist
First time flying LH - headed to Madrid, SFO-Frankfurt-Madrid in early October.

If my P2 and I check our bags - do we have to pick them up in Frankfurt before departing for Madrid? Rookie question here but I haven't flown international in over 10 years and never flown on LH before. We depart for Madrid the same day we land in Frankfurt. TIA.
Old Sep 13, 2021, 8:53 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR
T2 LHR Check-in/Security Opening Hours

Hi all, would any of you happen to know what time check-in/security at LHR T2 opens? I've tried Googling and even tweeting the Heathrow team but all I get is "we recommend you arrive 3 hours before your flight". I've even tried ringing the airline but gave up after 25 minutes on hold...

My flight with Austrian Airlines is at 0600 so I don't want to turn up at 0300 if check in and security doesn't open until say 0445 (like T5, my only experience of LHR.)

Thank you
Old Sep 13, 2021, 8:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by Zomanji
First time flying LH - headed to Madrid, SFO-Frankfurt-Madrid in early October.

If my P2 and I check our bags - do we have to pick them up in Frankfurt before departing for Madrid? Rookie question here but I haven't flown international in over 10 years and never flown on LH before. We depart for Madrid the same day we land in Frankfurt. TIA.
Assuming that you are on a single ticket, your bags would be checked through all the way to Madrid.
Old Sep 13, 2021, 8:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Zomanji
First time flying LH - headed to Madrid, SFO-Frankfurt-Madrid in early October. If my P2 and I check our bags - do we have to pick them up in Frankfurt before departing for Madrid? Rookie question here but I haven't flown international in over 10 years and never flown on LH before. We depart for Madrid the same day we land in Frankfurt. TIA.
If this is all one ticket, your bags will be checked all the way thru to Madrid.
Old Sep 13, 2021, 10:19 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, United Silver, American Platinum, Hyatt Explorist
Thank you both SFO777 and ISTflyer - yes both segments booked on one ticket/reservation.
ISTFlyer likes this.
Old Sep 13, 2021, 10:40 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by Tiffywren
Hi all, would any of you happen to know what time check-in/security at LHR T2 opens? I've tried Googling and even tweeting the Heathrow team but all I get is "we recommend you arrive 3 hours before your flight". I've even tried ringing the airline but gave up after 25 minutes on hold...

My flight with Austrian Airlines is at 0600 so I don't want to turn up at 0300 if check in and security doesn't open until say 0445 (like T5, my only experience of LHR.)

Thank you

OS.com says you have to drop your bags by T-45m: https://www.austrian.com/at/en/check-in-deadlines The LH Group counters open two hours before the first flight departs.
Old Sep 13, 2021, 11:28 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR
Originally Posted by oliver2002
OS.com says you have to drop your bags by T-45m: https://www.austrian.com/at/en/check-in-deadlines The LH Group counters open two hours before the first flight departs.
Thank you, so arriving at 0400 for a 0600 flight should be fine then. That gives me a whole extra hour in bed!
Old Sep 22, 2021, 5:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Do I need to do a PLF if I am transiting VIE, remaining airside? Final destination is Thessaloniki.
Old Sep 22, 2021, 5:22 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Originally Posted by Concerto
Do I need to do a PLF if I am transiting VIE, remaining airside? Final destination is Thessaloniki.
https://lhg.corporate.travel-regulat...h-enabled=true

Transiting Austria to a destination outside of Austria is possible, regardless of nationality or destination and does not require a medical certificate or the Pre-Travel Clearance registration for Austria.
Old Sep 24, 2021, 12:59 am

Call me stupid, but...I booked a flight for my mother, and after booking, I created a mileage account for her. When I go to manage the booking I cannot for the life of me find where I can enter that number, and I really don't want to have to phone and spend ages on hold to get an answer. Surely there is a way to do this online?
Old Sep 24, 2021, 1:34 am

You have to wait till checkin, the M&M number can be added then.
Dan1113 likes this.
Old Sep 24, 2021, 10:19 am

I have just noticed that I was awarded one M&M mile marked as "M&M CREDIT CARD MMG Expiry Protection" a week ago (16/9/21).

I had been collecting M&M miles mostly through the UK Master Card/Diners Card that stopped in April this year. At the time the DC/MC card stopped holders were told there may be a new card coming and to register an interest in it. Nothing has been heard about this since and I believe from various posts it will not be happening. There was a short extension to the validity of existing card miles before they faded away (if unused or no status) so does this 1 mile indicate some sort of change to that policy and that there has been a further extension of the validity?
Old Sep 25, 2021, 2:46 am

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/luft...k-members.html
Old Sep 25, 2021, 1:27 pm

Hello all,
I am not a frequent flyer of the LH group... I hadn't done my research before booking a flight with Swiss... There are things that I have yet to be able to figure out and I am starting to worry...

Long story short,
I booked a flight to Mykonos via Geneva with LX on 12th October, my connection between Geneva and Mykonos is cancelled, they automatically rebooked me to the same flight on 9th October, even though I am connecting from a flight depart 2 days later which doesn't make any sense at all (impossible booking).
I called them (spent a whole hour on hold), the agent told me I need to rebook my entire itinerary since there's no other flight on that day but I manage to google them a possible alternative via FRA. I gave them the flight numbers and they manage to rebook me on the flights I had provided.

However, the agent forgot to delete the flight on 9th October. It got flagged by their "ticketing department" the next day, and got the "Urgent Request for a Call Back" email...
I contact them again (with another hour on hold), everyone is confused. The agent thought I had added an extra flight to my booking, and they are going to charge me more to issue the ticket... Going back and forward and put on hold a few times... I finally get the agent to delete the flight on 9th October, and everything seems to working out fine (with not extra cost).

The problem now is that, 4 days have past, they have yet to reissue my ticket. When I request an invoice on Swiss's booking, it's still showing my cancelled flight.
I called them yesterday, they assure me that everything is fine and my booking is in the queue of being process...

I have heard that "Swiss is notorious for taking long to issue e-tickets, in particular when you do rebooking that sometimes can take over a week or so until the e-ticket is (re-) issued..."
I still have yet to receive my updated ticket, and I am starting to worry...
and I also come across this forum post... and this it's less than reassuring.

My flight is only 2 weeks away at this point, what can I do ?
Old Sep 25, 2021, 2:18 pm

Originally Posted by Leyland1989
My flight is only 2 weeks away at this point, what can I do ?
What does your booking show when you access it at Swiss.com? Is it fine apart from the missing eticket numbers?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.