Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Lufthansa Group Questions Here [2016-]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2021, 9:09 am

Programs: UA 1K M, AA 2 MM PREM, AVIS First, HYATT Explorist, Marriott Lifetime Platinum., Hilton Gold.
Upgrade Question. Flying from IAD - FRA on United and can get Premium Plus. But the next day, we have a flight from FRA - NBO on LH. How do we upgrade this flight? Can we use United miles? Can we pay cash? If we can pay, what are the cash options? We will have an M Class fare. Thanks for advice - am a newbie here on LH forum.
Old Apr 19, 2021, 9:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by ACC2008
Upgrade Question. Flying from IAD - FRA on United and can get Premium Plus. But the next day, we have a flight from FRA - NBO on LH. How do we upgrade this flight? Can we use United miles? Can we pay cash? If we can pay, what are the cash options? We will have an M Class fare. Thanks for advice - am a newbie here on LH forum.
Quick question; is your ticket on 016- United stock or 220- Lufthansa stock?
Old Apr 19, 2021, 2:15 pm

Programs: UA 1K M, AA 2 MM PREM, AVIS First, HYATT Explorist, Marriott Lifetime Platinum., Hilton Gold.
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
Quick question; is your ticket on 016- United stock or 220- Lufthansa stock?
That is a great question. It is 016 - United ticket.
Thanks
Old Apr 19, 2021, 2:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
That is a great question. It is 016 - United ticket.
Thanks
With UA miles yes, here are the T&C's for that

• Valid carrier: This upgrade may only be used on multi-cabin international Lufthansa flights and is subject to availability. This upgrade is not valid on flights operated by other airlines. Upgrades for codeshare flights** marketed by United but operated by Lufthansa ("LH") may be available and can only be requested by calling 1-800-UNITED1 within the U.S. and Canada, elsewhere call your local United Customer Contact Center.
  • Valid routing: This upgrade is valid for international Lufthansa-operated flights. Stopovers are not permitted. United will not issue upgrades for Lufthansa-operated flights to U.S. embargoed travel destinations.
  • Upgradeable fare classes: This upgrade is subject to availability. The following Lufthansa fare classes are not eligible for upgrade: Z, P, V, W, S, T, N, L, K, R, X, I, O, ID, AD and IP. Lufthansa reserves the right to change the eligible fare classes at any time without notice.
  • Non-upgradeable tickets: The upgrade may not be used on any MileagePlus award ticket, Miles & More award ticket or any other frequent flyer award ticket, industry discount ticket (ID, AD and IP fares), or on tickets purchased on websites where you don’t know the exact flight itinerary or airline until after you’ve paid for the ticket. Please also note that U.S. government fares are not eligible for electronic PlusPoints upgrades on Lufthansa-operated flights.
  • MileagePlus mileage accrual: Travelers will earn MileagePlus miles based on the fare class purchased, not the upgraded fare class.
  • Ticketing: Tickets must be issued in the eligible purchased Lufthansa Economy or Lufthansa Business Class fare.
  • Upgrade rules: For flights that stop en route, upgrades are only permitted when the upgraded seating is available on all portions of the flight.
  • You may request PlusPoints upgrades for up to four people traveling on the same reservation. The amount of PlusPoints required is listed per passenger for each itinerary and are deducted at time of request; to upgrade additional people, you’ll need to use additional PlusPoints. (If the reservation has more than four travelers, you will need to call the operating carrier.) You do not need to be traveling with the passengers to request the upgrades and you can request upgrades for travelers with a different last name than yours. Multi-traveler reservations require all travelers be upgraded; partial upgrades are not permitted.
  • While you can only request upgrades for one segment at a time, you may upgrade more than one eligible segment on the itinerary.
  • Changes/Refunds: The rules of the fare purchased determine the changes or refunds that are allowed. Check with Lufthansa or a travel professional. Changes to a segment that is on the waitlist will result in a waitlist cancellation and re-deposit of PlusPoints to the account from which it was withdrawn. If the date of a flight segment with a confirmed upgrade is changed, the upgrade may be re-confirmed in the higher cabin only if space is available. If space is not available, PlusPoints will be re-deposited. All other changes to the upgraded segment will result in a re-deposit and a new request may be submitted. If your reservation contains multiple flight segments, changes to or cancellations of other flight segments will not affect the confirmed upgrade or waitlist status.
  • The terms and conditions are subject to change without notice.
https://www.united.com/ual/en/us/fly...Lufthansa.html
Cash, yes: You could pay for your upgrade at FRA at the lounge, gate, Lufthansa service counter. You would be presented two options: One from Economy to Premium Economy and another one from Economy to Business and this is subject to seat availability.
Old Apr 20, 2021, 5:34 am

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
With UA miles yes, here are the T&C's for that

Cash, yes: You could pay for your upgrade at FRA at the lounge, gate, Lufthansa service counter. You would be presented two options: One from Economy to Premium Economy and another one from Economy to Business and this is subject to seat availability.
Awesome. Thanks for your detailed response. Greatly appreciated.
ISTFlyer likes this.
Old Apr 27, 2021, 8:36 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus
COVID / Mask question.

I'm looking to fly US - Germany with my 3 year old. While Lufthansa allows children under the age of 6 to fly without masks, for U.S. flights Lufthansa's FAQ states the following: All passengers, including children older than 2 years of age, must wear face masks on flights to the USA.

Here it specifies only flights to the US, am I right in assuming that when we are departing from the U.S., children under the age of 6 years can fly without a mask?
Old Apr 27, 2021, 3:27 pm

Programs: LH SEN *
Originally Posted by Flauschie_Mr
COVID / Mask question.

I'm looking to fly US - Germany with my 3 year old. While Lufthansa allows children under the age of 6 to fly without masks, for U.S. flights Lufthansa's FAQ states the following: All passengers, including children older than 2 years of age, must wear face masks on flights to the USA.

Here it specifies only flights to the US, am I right in assuming that when we are departing from the U.S., children under the age of 6 years can fly without a mask?
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33120517-post4.html
Old Apr 28, 2021, 9:37 am

have about 15k miles in miles&more program to be expired in june 2021

i try to buy somehting from the miles&more online shop, but all items can only be shipped to europe addres

is there anything else i can do to use up these orphan miles?

i dont think they are extending miles due to covid, right?
Old Apr 28, 2021, 10:41 am

Originally Posted by gnomey
i dont think they are extending miles due to covid, right?
Miles & More don't offer extending award miles due to Covid.
Partly because it is already possible to extend validity of expiring miles for 36 months using https://milesandmore.loylogic.com/
However, it's not an attractive option as it's not free of charge.
Old Apr 28, 2021, 1:39 pm

Programs: TK Elite Plus

I though I share what I found out regarding travel with children under the age of 6 with Lufthansa and Brussels Airlines to and from the U.S.:

I made sure to talk to two different representatives for each airline, and this is what I got:

Lufthansa: LH is aware of the CDC (US) rule that children of age 2 and over need to wear a facemask. However, both representatives told me that this will not be strictly enforced, meaning they will look the other way during the flight, will just make gentle reminders and ask the parents to put on/keep the mask during the boarding and takeoff stage.

Brussels Airlines: No, children under the age of 6 years do not need to wear a mask. I even asked a manager to confirm this, which he did.
Old Apr 30, 2021, 12:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Flauschie_Mr
I though I share what I found out regarding travel with children under the age of 6 with Lufthansa and Brussels Airlines to and from the U.S.:

I made sure to talk to two different representatives for each airline, and this is what I got:

Lufthansa: LH is aware of the CDC (US) rule that children of age 2 and over need to wear a facemask. However, both representatives told me that this will not be strictly enforced, meaning they will look the other way during the flight, will just make gentle reminders and ask the parents to put on/keep the mask during the boarding and takeoff stage.

Brussels Airlines: No, children under the age of 6 years do not need to wear a mask. I even asked a manager to confirm this, which he did.
SN is not exempt from the federal mask mandate that Biden implemented for everyone over the age of 2.
A hotline agent based in a third country might not know the rules exactly. You might experience a cabin crew onboard that could enforce the CDC regulation on a SN flight as they have to comply with that.
Old Apr 30, 2021, 11:07 pm

First Class Upgrade Advice

Hi all:

I'm looking for advice as to what a good price would be for an upgrade from business (P) to first class on the LH430 flight from FRA to ORD (booked for Nov. 2). Currently, they are offering a paid upgrade for $1,129.00, but I have no idea how this compares to average prices for such an upgrade. Is that a comparitively good or bad deal? Is an upgrade with 'miles and more' miles also possible? If so, how many miles would this take on average? Any advice on ideal timing for the upgrade?

Thank you.
Old Apr 30, 2021, 11:21 pm

Originally Posted by fbevansa83
Is an upgrade with 'miles and more' miles also possible? If so, how many miles would this take on average?
Europe to North America upgrade from Business (P) to First Class (A) requires 70,000 miles.
Old May 1, 2021, 3:34 am

Any updates on LOT lounges at Warsaw airport? Still no service at all inside?
Old May 1, 2021, 3:49 am

Originally Posted by fil_87
Any updates on LOT lounges at Warsaw airport? Still no service at all inside?
Restaurants in Poland are closed for indoor service (currently takeaway only is allowed, from May 15 tables outside) so I expect no service at WAW lounges until restaurants are fully open again.
As of today, the tentative date when restaurants are supposed to be open for regular service (with 50% guest limit, tables distance, etc.) is May 29.
Naturally, bear in mind that airport authorities may decide otherwise when the service at the lounges is resumed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.