Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Lufthansa Group Questions Here [2016-]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2019, 1:24 pm

Hello all,

I am an LH-group newbie.

I've looked everywhere trying to find a separate ticket baggage/through check policy, but no dice.

Does anyone know if LH/LX have a separate tickets policy (like UAs for example)?

Or perhaps an 'unwritten' policy based on anecdotal evidence?

Thanks
Old Oct 20, 2019, 8:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by Virazuno
Hello all,

I am an LH-group newbie.

I've looked everywhere trying to find a separate ticket baggage/through check policy, but no dice.

Does anyone know if LH/LX have a separate tickets policy (like UAs for example)?

Or perhaps an 'unwritten' policy based on anecdotal evidence?

Thanks
LH group are quite happy to through check bags on separate tickets.
Old Oct 22, 2019, 1:20 pm

Originally Posted by Flying Victor
Is anyone else experiencing inability to search for OW awards through MAM website? Search will not initiate.

This concerns only OW flights on any route - RT searches perform just fine.
I have exactly same problem for last 2 weeks.
Reported to M&M hotline.
No reaction.
Old Oct 23, 2019, 1:03 pm

Hello,

I flew Lufthansa A380 LAX MUC back in April in main cabin and was surprised to see that headphone jack required an adapter. I think it was a 2-prong? Made it work but was wondering if a good ole regular cheapie adapter would be fine or if there are any recommendations? I want to prepare for my next flight with them.
Old Oct 23, 2019, 4:18 pm

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by pinkibone
Hello,

I flew Lufthansa A380 LAX MUC back in April in main cabin and was surprised to see that headphone jack required an adapter. I think it was a 2-prong? Made it work but was wondering if a good ole regular cheapie adapter would be fine or if there are any recommendations? I want to prepare for my next flight with them.
I believe most planes are not normal single 3,5, but some - including the A380s - might still be 2-prong. Any basic adapter will do, maybe you got some with your headphones, if you got nicer ones. Or you can order from Amazon. You can get two nice Bose adapters with a collapsible prong (so you can use for both dual prong and single prong stereo 3.5 - though I fail to see the point of using an adapter at all in such case) for like 3 euros.
Old Oct 24, 2019, 6:13 am

Location: between DM464 and DM463 on the NAPSA26 RNAV TRANS in EDDM
Programs: this and that
Originally Posted by pinkibone
Hello,

Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
I believe most planes are not normal single 3,5, but some - including the A380s - might still be 2-prong. Any basic adapter will do, maybe you got some with your headphones, if you got nicer ones. Or you can order from Amazon. You can get two nice Bose adapters with a collapsible prong (so you can use for both dual prong and single prong stereo 3.5 - though I fail to see the point of using an adapter at all in such case) for like 3 euros.
Watch out - I got myself a two-prong adapter for my Bose headset. I wanted to use it on a A346 last month in Business Class and it didn't work. My adapter has two prongs that are the same size, but the LH jacks have two prongs where one is slightly smaller than the other. I can't speak of other aircraft types, I didn't try it on the outbound flight (A359).
Old Oct 24, 2019, 8:24 am

Programs: SQ G, LH FTL, UA S, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by cas_de
Watch out - I got myself a two-prong adapter for my Bose headset. I wanted to use it on a A346 last month in Business Class and it didn't work. My adapter has two prongs that are the same size, but the LH jacks have two prongs where one is slightly smaller than the other. I can't speak of other aircraft types, I didn't try it on the outbound flight (A359).
You should've just tried without the adapter. On noise-cancelling headphones, the thinner line is actually power for noise cancelling circuitry. The other, wider lead, is a regular 3.5 mm stereo socket...
Old Oct 24, 2019, 8:47 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by cas_de
Yes, as hdogan mentioned, those are actually a stereo 3.5mm jack, plus a separate port. In that case you don't need an adapter. I've had the same issue in a LAN dreamliner, but didn't know the second plug was for ANC.
Come to think of it, I did have the same in front in the 744 and also I think OS 777 maybe?
Old Oct 28, 2019, 5:27 pm

Programs: Flying Blue, Hilton Honors, Amtrak Guest Rewards
Flying tomorrow on LH 423 connecting to LH 754. Paid for upgrade to Premium Economy (N) on 423 and Business Class (P) on 754.

At OLCI, am now on waiting list. LH is showing 9 available in business and 9 in economy; UA on the codeshare is showing 4 biz, 6 economy. I'm non-status with LH/*A.

What are the chances of a denial of boarding or downgrade? In the event of a downgrade, I imagine that I'm looking at a middle in economy, despite having paid before the downgrade for an exit row.
Old Oct 28, 2019, 6:31 pm

Programs: Virtuoso TA, UA 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Platinum
I booked an UA award ticket in biz on AC/OS. But when I enter the OS confirmation on OS website, it says I currently cannot select seats. The trip is for March 2020. Does anyone know why this is?

Also a separate UA award ticket in biz on LO/UA - how do I select seats for LO? I don't see a seat selection option on LO website.

Last edited by ChateauMargaux; Oct 28, 2019 at 6:41 pm
Old Oct 29, 2019, 2:23 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by hhdl
Flying tomorrow on LH 423 connecting to LH 754. Paid for upgrade to Premium Economy (N) on 423 and Business Class (P) on 754.

At OLCI, am now on waiting list. LH is showing 9 available in business and 9 in economy; UA on the codeshare is showing 4 biz, 6 economy. I'm non-status with LH/*A.

What are the chances of a denial of boarding or downgrade? In the event of a downgrade, I imagine that I'm looking at a middle in economy, despite having paid before the downgrade for an exit row.

No worries, it just means your cabin is full and they will try to accomodate you by moving others up or down.
Old Oct 29, 2019, 3:34 pm

Programs: UA 1K, UA .53 MM, Marriott Gold, Nexus, GE, TSA Pre, Hertz PC
Chances of an Equipment Swap?

Flying DTW-FRA on LH 443 on Sunday, December 29, 2019.

The equipment is an A330-300, but it looks like LH also flies the A340-600 on this route as well. Is it wishful thinking to think that LH would swap out the A333 for my trip?
Old Oct 30, 2019, 2:24 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Traffic between xmas and NYE is usually very low, hence no A346 to DTW... but in the winter schedule its A330 anyways.
Old Oct 30, 2019, 6:18 pm

Programs: Virtuoso TA, UA 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Platinum
Originally Posted by bluegatorade
I booked an UA award ticket in biz on AC/OS. But when I enter the OS confirmation on OS website, it says I currently cannot select seats. The trip is for March 2020. Does anyone know why this is?

Also a separate UA award ticket in biz on LO/UA - how do I select seats for LO? I don't see a seat selection option on LO website.
Bump, anyone?
Old Oct 31, 2019, 1:11 am

Originally Posted by bluegatorade
Bump, anyone?
Just call the operating airline. They'll give you a seat.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.