Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Lufthansa Group Questions Here [2016-]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2019, 5:44 am

Programs: SQ G, LH FTL, UA S, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by worldclubber
In my opinion, the SEN Cafe is a weird windowless cubicle and, to be honest, somewhat overhyped.
I guess, to each their own I like the fact that it's smaller, and the personalised service and a bit different (or differently arranged) offering.
Old Sep 29, 2019, 7:34 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by hdogan
I guess, to each their own I like the fact that it's smaller, and the personalised service and a bit different (or differently arranged) offering.
Yes, probably a matter of taste. To me, a windowless cubicle in the middle of the terminal feels like these terrible smoking lounges, just without the smoking. I enjoy the apron view, some don’t.
Old Sep 29, 2019, 9:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by worldclubber
Yes, probably a matter of taste. To me, a windowless cubicle in the middle of the terminal feels like these terrible smoking lounges, just without the smoking. I enjoy the apron view, some don’t.
Indeed, are there really FT regulars here that don’t like apron views ? The mind boggles
Old Sep 29, 2019, 4:12 pm

Programs: United, BA, FlyingBLue, AA
Seat Assignment 23 hours before flight?

Haven't flown LH in a long time. I have a TATL ticket on United to FRA, and connecting to LH for a continental flight. United sent an email that said I could get a seat assignment on the LH flight (economy) 23 hours before the flight. Does that mean 23 hours before the LH flight departs FRA, or 23 hour before the UA flight departs the USA?

Just call LH in the states?
Old Sep 29, 2019, 4:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by Diogenes1789
Haven't flown LH in a long time. I have a TATL ticket on United to FRA, and connecting to LH for a continental flight. United sent an email that said I could get a seat assignment on the LH flight (economy) 23 hours before the flight. Does that mean 23 hours before the LH flight departs FRA, or 23 hour before the UA flight departs the USA?

On a single ticket, usually T-24 before your first segment
Old Sep 30, 2019, 9:36 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by Diogenes1789

The 'seat assignment' in this case is only possible via online checkin, which opens about 23-24h before departure of your first flight. The moment you checkin the seats on the rest of the flights will also be available in the checkin system. After you checkin you can return again to change to a seat that may open up. This is possible till about one hour before departure.
Old Sep 30, 2019, 12:48 pm
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
I bought a return FRA-VIE, with both legs scheduled to operate by a wide body (OS 767 and LH A340). I reserved a seat for each leg, and for both I had to pay a fee of 17 EUR/leg as I booked a preferred seat, which happens to be a Premium Econony seat each case.
Last minute OS substituted the 767 by an A320 and I got a random window seat allocated at boarding. Am I entitled to get the seat booking fee reimbursed ? And if yes, to whom should I asked ? It was booked via Lufthansa.
Old Sep 30, 2019, 2:05 pm

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by chris63
Indeed, are there really FT regulars here that don’t like apron views ? The mind boggles
I like my apron views, but I prefer better F&B and service to apron views. I've had my share of those when sitting in public areas before I got lounge access.

Originally Posted by fransknorge
I bought a return FRA-VIE, with both legs scheduled to operate by a wide body (OS 767 and LH A340). I reserved a seat for each leg, and for both I had to pay a fee of 17 EUR/leg as I booked a preferred seat, which happens to be a Premium Econony seat each case.
Last minute OS substituted the 767 by an A320 and I got a random window seat allocated at boarding. Am I entitled to get the seat booking fee reimbursed ? And if yes, to whom should I asked ? It was booked via Lufthansa.
Unfortunately, they are likely to say that you are in the "same class of seating".
If the new seat is not preffered, you have some recourse.
Old Oct 1, 2019, 5:01 am
Accor 10+ BadgeHilton 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
This was 4A on a A320, does someone knows if this is a preferred seat on OS ?
Old Oct 1, 2019, 9:44 am

Programs: UA M+ Plat
Zurich Swiss non-Schengen Senator lounge bathrooms?

Hiya LHers,

I'm a *Gold connecting through Zurich tomorrow on my way back to SFO. One review of the non-Schengen Swiss lounge on Lounge Buddy says there are no bathrooms in the lounge?? I have a four-hour layover and so plan on camping out there for an extended period of time, and no bathrooms would be really annoying. Is this true? (If so, I'm gonna see what I can do to SDC and connect through FRA or MUC as per my usual.)

Thanks!
Old Oct 1, 2019, 11:09 am

Programs: M&M SEN, Skywards
Swiss senator E lounge has showers afaik. As *G you should have access as well. Zhr E Lounges

Last edited by br0snic; Oct 1, 2019 at 11:10 am Reason: Added link
Old Oct 1, 2019, 11:21 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
All E lounges have bathrooms. Seems also all have showers if needed.
Old Oct 1, 2019, 1:09 pm

The showers are shared between the Senator and Business class lounge, and there is often quite a long waitlist for them unless you're there in non-rush hours (better to use the shower facilities in the Arrival lounge or the A lounge, if that's an option)
Old Oct 2, 2019, 3:22 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
I am looking to book a trip ticketed by Lufthansa in J. SYD-SIN (SQ), SIN-LHR (LH), AMS-YYZ (AC) & SFO-SYD (UA). Can anyone tell me what my checked baggage allowance will be? Thanks.
Old Oct 2, 2019, 10:20 am

Location: my heart is on the shores of the north Italian lakes
Programs: LX Senator Lifetime, Relais&Chateaux Club5C, ex ! "Amanjunkie", ex LHW LC, hate chain hotels
Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
All E lounges have bathrooms. Seems also all have showers if needed.
The OP asked about non Schengen lounges: There is the lovely E and the non air conditioned D lounge. The second has no bathrooms inside.

So "loungebuddy" is not entirely wrong.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.