[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Lufthansa Group Questions Here [2016-]

Old Mar 29, 2019, 9:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by Flying Victor
If I pay for an upgrade from Premium Economy (N) to Business (Z) will the value of the upgrade be added to the overall calculation of miles earned for the flight?
Under the myoffer rules you will receive Z status miles.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 9:38 am

Programs: Double OWE (AA EXP, QF Plat), FI Gold
Hi, I have my first-ever flights coming up on LH (UA codeshare) in J. I have added the LH PNR to the app but while I can see it all I cant change my seats. As a newbie to *A is there anything I should know? (The same is true on the UA app.) Id like to be able to change them.

If it matters, Im in the middle of a challenge to 1K on UA so that status is on my reservation (not sure what the *A equivalent is).

Thanks!
Old Mar 31, 2019, 9:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,QR Platinum,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold, HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by zpaul
Hi, I have my first-ever flights coming up on LH (UA codeshare) in J. I have added the LH PNR to the app but while I can see it all I can’t change my seats. As a newbie to *A is there anything I should know? (The same is true on the UA app.)

If it matters, I’m in the middle of a challenge to 1K on UA so that status is on my reservation (not sure what the *A equivalent is).

Thanks!
Try to enter the same UA PNR to the Lufthansa website. It worked for me in the past and also in the opposite way ( UA flight on LH PNR ) . I was able to choose seats or purchase ( when flying Economy ) for the Lufthansa leg there in a similar occasion where The equivalent of 1K in Star Alliance is Star Alliance Gold.If it doesn't work search for your Lufthansa PNR on the United Manage by Booking section where you would be able to see your Lufthansa PNR which is different than your United PNR. If this doesn't work too, try logging in to Lufthansa with your e-ticket number and your last name.

Unfortunately, United doesn't allow seat selection for Lufthansa flights on the UA website and Lufthansa doesn't allow seat selection for United flights on the LH website.
zpaul likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 11:35 am

"Mileage and More Mileage Bargains" - can book open jaw?

To book Lufthansa's "Mileage and More Mileage Bargains" (Business Class for 55,000 M instead of 105,000 M) they ask:

What airport would you like to depart from?

When do you want to travel?

Who is traveling?

Then, you are to click on Book Now.

Two questions:

1) If I click on Book Now, does the flight immediately get booked - or will I first get a screen saying something like "Please confirm this itinerary"?

2) Is it possible to book an open jaw, e.g. going Vancouver-Berlin, returning Florence-Vancouver?
Old Mar 31, 2019, 12:26 pm

Originally Posted by muji
1) If I click on Book Now, does the flight immediately get booked - or will I first get a screen saying something like "Please confirm this itinerary"?
No, at least you'll have to confirm the taxes, name of the passenger, and so on.

2) Is it possible to book an open jaw, e.g. going Vancouver-Berlin, returning Florence-Vancouver?
Not on a mileage bargain AFAIK.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 12:32 pm

Is it possible to book an open jaw, e.g. going Vancouver-Berlin, returning Florence-Vancouver?
Originally Posted by malmostoso
Not on a mileage bargain AFAIK.
Thanks for the reply.
Once I book, I wonder if I could then call Miles and More and, even if a change fee is involved, get the return city changed.
Has anyone done this?
Old Mar 31, 2019, 1:01 pm

Thanks for the reply.
Once I book, I wonder if I could then call Miles and More and, even if a change fee is involved, get the return city changed.
Has anyone done this?
Mileage bargains can't be changed.
muji likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 1:01 pm

Location: between DM464 and DM463 on the NAPSA26 RNAV TRANS in EDDM
Programs: this and that
Thanks for the reply.
Has anyone done this?
Mileage Bargains can't be changed. So you need to stick to a R/T itin. But I am sure there are ways to reposition from FLR to BER (or v.v.) in order to meet the R/T.
muji likes this.
Old Apr 15, 2019, 1:57 am

Here's a question I never thought I'd ask: how do I close my M&M account?

I just spent my last 10500 miles on some gift cards and I have no more reason to deal with M&M.
Old Apr 15, 2019, 7:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,QR Platinum,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold, HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by malmostoso
Here's a question I never thought I'd ask: how do I close my M&M account?

I just spent my last 10500 miles on some gift cards and I have no more reason to deal with M&M.
By contacting your local Miles&More Service Center.
Old Apr 16, 2019, 8:12 am

Programs: LH HON**
Looking at BRU-FRA-ORD on LH and find:

1305-1405//1715-1925 available in Z and C, but A/F is marked Sold Out
1505-1605//1715-1925 available in Z, C and A.

What can be the logic behind this - only offer First class when it is likely that the passenger will end up with such a tight connection that he will not visit a First class lounge in FRA...?

Old Apr 16, 2019, 10:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by Vixit
Looking at BRU-FRA-ORD on LH and find:

1305-1405//1715-1925 available in Z and C, but A/F is marked Sold Out
1505-1605//1715-1925 available in Z, C and A.

What can be the logic behind this - only offer First class when it is likely that the passenger will end up with such a tight connection that he will not visit a First class lounge in FRA...?

Did you try a TA or simply Momondo or Googleflights..... LH.com often offers ridiculous connections
Old Apr 16, 2019, 2:10 pm

Programs: LH HON**
Originally Posted by chris63

Did you try a TA or simply Momondo or Googleflights..... LH.com often offers ridiculous connections
Checked just now - Expedia offers both combinations, but while the short connection is listed with fare category A, the more comfortable connection is fare category F, at 2k more. For exactly the same longhaul. Id have to drink a lot of Louise in 90 minutes to make that worthwhile...

I ended up buying something completely different (not LH).
chris63 likes this.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 9:49 am

OK, so have to book a trip to Europe for work, sadly in economy for this go. Trying to choose between native UA flights, native LH flights, or codeshare permutations thereof. The pure LH option looks like it would book into T, so what I understand to be deep discount econ. Question then is what is my path of highest likelihood, if possible at all, to get out of the back into at least PE? I'd trade $ for certainty here in upfaring out of pocket once the base fare is booked. Website seems to show both straight paid upgrades and bidding coexisting, but most discussion I can find seems to be on the bidding system. Any guidance highly appreciated.

(Apologies as I've posted a couple semi-related posts in different places over the past day...I don't think I'm violating any FT rules on cross-posting as the posts are different, just trying to understand nuance - I'm a confused newb venturing away from my "safe space" of AA / Oneworld )
Old Apr 17, 2019, 8:26 pm

Programs: EUROBONUS SILVER
Hello miles gurus

Yesterday I was suppose to fly my first time in LH first class but unfortunately the A380 had a mechanical (air-conditioning) and we had to turn back to the gate in Singapore and where giving a hotel. Today I called the service center and everything was fully-booked for today so I will end up flying home tomorrow ( 48 hours later then the original flight) and therefore will miss one day of work.

What do you guys think is a good compensation for this? Will still fly first class but just 48 hours later.
later. Paid 105.000 miles for this.

Greeting

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.