[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Lufthansa Group Questions Here [2016-]

Old Mar 14, 19, 2:53 am

Programs: M&M
Which are the best hotel chains (3* max) for maximising award points for M&M? Stays will mainly be in UK and Ireland. So I'm thinking Best Western and Ibis/IHG?
Old Mar 14, 19, 5:07 pm

Programs: SK*G
Hi. Looks like MUC-DEL and DEL-MUC along with FRA-DEL have been consistently and significantly delayed every day since the end of Feb - does anyone know why and whether it could improve since I am unlikely to make my connections at either end when I fly in a couple of weeks.

DEL-MUC - https://www.airportia.com/flights/lh763/
MUC-DEL - https://www.airportia.com/flights/lh762/

EDIT - to answer my own question, it's because of the escalation with Pakistan who have closed their airspace. I found a track of the flights which are being routed around the south of Pakistan. So I fly Pune to Delhi and then back down again!

May be relaxed from today for east-west flights according to this - https://ops.group/blog/pakistan-india/

Last edited by pobbop; Mar 14, 19 at 6:02 pm Reason: Answered own question
Old Mar 15, 19, 2:51 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, External Miles & Points Resources
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: LH SEN
Since this change is supposedly temporary the airlines have not adjusted their schedules yet. Pax potentially misconnecting are rebooked or fast tracked in FRA/MUC. So be prepared to sprint a bit in MUC
pobbop likes this.
Old Mar 18, 19, 6:41 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Life time Titanium Elite (whateverthat is)
I have a rather simple checked luggage question. I'm *G traveling FCO - FRA - PHL on a 016 ticket. United's web site says I get 1 checked bag and LH's web site shows 2 bags for *G. Which one do I believe?
Old Mar 18, 19, 7:18 am

Programs: this and that
Originally Posted by Dublin_rfk View Post
I have a rather simple checked luggage question. I'm *G traveling FCO - FRA - PHL on a 016 ticket. United's web site says I get 1 checked bag and LH's web site shows 2 bags for *G. Which one do I believe?
which class of service are travelling in? if eco, please also indicate if the ticket is in eco light, classic or flex.

ECO Light - nil, but 1 bag is accepted as a goodwill gesture for *A travelling on a transatlantic itin.
ECO Classic / Flex - 1 bag allowance + 1 bag *G benefit
BUS - 2 bags allowance + 1 bag *G benefit
Old Mar 18, 19, 8:06 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Life time Titanium Elite (whateverthat is)
Originally Posted by cas_de View Post
which class of service are travelling in? if eco, please also indicate if the ticket is in eco light, classic or flex.

ECO Light - nil, but 1 bag is accepted as a goodwill gesture for *A travelling on a transatlantic itin.
ECO Classic / Flex - 1 bag allowance + 1 bag *G benefit
BUS - 2 bags allowance + 1 bag *G benefit
Economy (X) class

This may be a moot point as the EWR to FCO leg is on a non *A ticket which huge fees.
#spoiledstatusflyer
Old Mar 18, 19, 8:46 am

Economy (X) class

This may be a moot point as the EWR to FCO leg is on a non *A ticket which huge fees.
#spoiledstatusflyer
IIRC, award tickets fall into the eco classic bucket, therefore 1+1=2 [email protected] ea.
Old Mar 18, 19, 11:53 am

Originally Posted by cas_de View Post
IIRC, award tickets fall into the eco classic bucket, therefore 1+1=2 [email protected] ea.
Thanks that's one lees thing to be concerned about.

It's still a moot point with the baggage fees on my other leg.
Old Mar 18, 19, 9:13 pm

Programs: LH HON**,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Asuming your on LH metal *G gets you a second bag in standard Y or J.
Old Mar 19, 19, 5:26 am

Status qualification

Do the status miles earned on a flight departing on 31 December 2019 and arriving on 1 January 2020 count for the qualifying year ending 31 December 2019 or will I need to bring the flight forward by one day?
Old Mar 19, 19, 5:28 am

Originally Posted by duan View Post
Do the status miles earned on a flight departing on 31 December 2019 and arriving on 1 January 2020 count for the qualifying year ending 31 December 2019 or will I need to bring the flight forward by one day?
Departure day counts, however, if your flight gets canceled and you can't fly out until Jan 1 then you have to go through the retrocredit process, which can be quite a struggle. If you have flexibility why not move the flight forward by one day (or even better - if you are already (re-) qualified then this takes a lot of pressure off the end of the year and you don't have to celebrate NYE in the air).
Old Mar 19, 19, 6:12 am

Many thanks for the quick response. I was actually going to book the previous day and was just checking the position should that flight not depart for whatever reason and being rebooked on to a flight departing on the 31st December.
Old Mar 19, 19, 6:33 am
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: BA Exec Club Silver, TK M&S Elite, KE SkyPass Club, PC Bolbol, KK Brnz, LCAccor Clsc, HHonours Blue
Does anybody know how to see the fare class of a flight before booking the ticket for a intra-european flight. Fare classes only show up for long-haul flights. Of course, I'm mentioning bookings from Lufthansa.com which are significantly cheaper than any travel agent or OTA.
Old Mar 19, 19, 7:53 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, External Miles & Points Resources
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: LH SEN
Once you select a flight a small clickable field should show up that allows you to display the booking classes.
Old Mar 24, 19, 9:24 am

Philadelphia to Frankfurt July 10-16, 2019

In recent years I was able to visit my family in the summer on an AA awards ticket, but AA has cancelled their PHL - FRA flights. Only non stop I see is LH. I don't have any LH points/miles and I hear their fuel surcharges are very high. (Also, I would prefer not to have to fly through Newark).

I have points/miles on AA, Delta, as well as Amex, Chase and Citibank. Any thoughts on how to proceed? Thank you very much for your help.

Search this Thread