Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Lufthansa Group Questions Here [2016-]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2019, 1:14 pm

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
Originally Posted by 3rdCoastFan
I think I'll be on the losing end of that switch. Flying MUC-ORD in April (LH434). Currently, an A359 flies that route but LH's app and website show me as being on an A346. Given that they're selling first class seats for my flight, I'm assuming the odds of an equipment change are unlikely.
I wouldn’t consider the possibility to fly F as “on the losing end”. I’d rather have an A346 on LH415 than A333 or A359...

Unless you really prefer LH C in the A359 over A333 due to a quieter cabin and cool windows to play around with. Can’t judge Y experience so that might be relevant too.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 2:32 pm

Originally Posted by MichielR

I wouldn’t consider the possibility to fly F as “on the losing end”. I’d rather have an A346 on LH415 than A333 or A359...

Unless you really prefer LH C in the A359 over A333 due to a quieter cabin and cool windows to play around with. Can’t judge Y experience so that might be relevant too.
If there was any reason to believe that I would ever get bumped from my C seat into F, then yes, I wouldn't mind at all! It would take one hell of an IRROPS situation to bump my no-status self up, though.
Old Mar 10, 2019, 4:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
If I was to make an intra Asia award ticket, given the proviso that stopovers are not permitted on one way tickets, would I be allowed one on a round trip ticket? Example routing: Singapore (SIN) to Sapporo (CTS) and back. Most of the routings offer a transfer somewhere, and it would be interesting to make a stop (<24h) at one of the transfer points.
Old Mar 10, 2019, 10:51 pm

Programs: ITA
Newbie question. My flight LH1947 was delayed today, so I will lose my connection to LH2500.
The only way to get to Manchester today is on LH2502 which leaves me for 5 hours in MUC and arrives definitely late. No status at all, booking class Q.
A couple of questions:
1. What is the reason for the delay of LH1946?
2. Am I eligible for EC261?
3. Can I ask for an access to lounge in MUC to spend 5 hours of layover and grab some food? Got a breakfast voucher in GOA.
Thank you
Old Mar 11, 2019, 1:00 am

Originally Posted by annaschummi
Newbie question. My flight LH1947 was delayed today, so I will lose my connection to LH2500.
The only way to get to Manchester today is on LH2502 which leaves me for 5 hours in MUC and arrives definitely late. No status at all, booking class Q.
A couple of questions:
1. What is the reason for the delay of LH1946?
2. Am I eligible for EC261?
3. Can I ask for an access to lounge in MUC to spend 5 hours of layover and grab some food? Got a breakfast voucher in GOA.
Thank you
1) Plane stays overnight in GOA so no "tag on delay", just above 2hrs late to depart. What did they told you at the airport? It's possible that it could have been extraordinary (weather, for example)
2) Duty of care yes, money compensation (250€) only in case the reason wasn't extraordinary
3) No to lounge access. You'll get food vouchers in MUC. They're not bringing you very far. If you feel lucky, you can, of course, ask anyone that appears to be Senator/*G to bring you as a guest to a lounge.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 1:22 am

They said the reason is that the plane was diverted last night. Flightradar shows that it has arrived to GOA on time though.
It is 2 hours late now, however, it brings me 6 hours late to the final destination.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 1:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
They said the reason is that the plane was diverted last night. Flightradar shows that it has arrived to GOA on time though.
It is 2 hours late now, however, it brings me 6 hours late to the final destination.
Ask the crew, keep trying to find the reason, you will be entitled to compensation if it’s not extraordinary
Old Mar 11, 2019, 1:49 am

As Chris63 said, ask the crew or staff at the airport. The incoming aircraft was - from all that we can see online - on time last night.

From all the fake reasons that could be given out, "diverted" seems very, very strange to me. I mean, it's not like it's hard to check the incoming flight to see that all was normal.
chris63 likes this.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 1:54 am

As soon as you arrive in MUC go straight to a service desk and see if you can get rerouted through FRA or ZRH to get to MAN. Also ask again what the reason for the delay is. Weather doesn't seem to be an issue since neither GOA not MUC appear to be experiencing any specific disruptions.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 4:57 am

Thank you everybody. Live from MUC.
Seems that everybody needs to go to Manchester this morning. No seats available neither via FRA nor via ZRH. There was some availability via DUS, but I would arrive 20 mins earlier rather than with the direct flight. So I stuck with direct LH2502. As predicted above, no lounge access, but a 10 euro voucher.
Coming back to the reason. It seems that yesterday afternoon MUC-GOA has been diverted to TRN and the crew that was supposed to take us to MUC this morning was on that flight. The crew was 4 hours late to arrive to GOA and considering their min rest hours, this is the reason for this morning delay.
Is it considered extraordinary? Last night MUC-GOA flight was on time though...
Old Mar 11, 2019, 6:00 am

It seems that both LH1944 and LH1948 yesterday diverted to TRN. This might point towards a weather related problem, however both other flights I could find scheduled to arrive yesterday between 13 and 16 yesterday (kl1563 and bv2241) landed on time.

Long story short I'd still file a claim with LH and if they will respond negatively I'd just entrust a claim agency, as this one is probably not worth your time to fight unless you have real evidence of what happened.
annaschummi likes this.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 6:07 am

Location: between DM464 and DM463 on the NAPSA26 RNAV TRANS in EDDM
Programs: this and that
Thank you everybody. Live from MUC.
Seems that everybody needs to go to Manchester this morning. No seats available neither via FRA nor via ZRH. There was some availability via DUS, but I would arrive 20 mins earlier rather than with the direct flight. So I stuck with direct LH2502. As predicted above, no lounge access, but a 10 euro voucher.
Coming back to the reason. It seems that yesterday afternoon MUC-GOA has been diverted to TRN and the crew that was supposed to take us to MUC this morning was on that flight. The crew was 4 hours late to arrive to GOA and considering their min rest hours, this is the reason for this morning delay.
Is it considered extraordinary? Last night MUC-GOA flight was on time though...
Here's the info from the diverted flight yesterday:

DOLH1944/10MAR
* OPERATIONAL FLIGHT INFO * LH1944 -1 SU 10MAR19
CITY INFO HOUR (LOCAL)

GOA LANDING CANCEL 1056
D/T WX GOA

*1A PLANNED FLIGHT INFO* LH1944 -1 SU 10MAR19 ASM
APT ARR DY DEP DY CLASS/MEAL EQP GRND EFT TTL
MUC 1505 SU JCDZPYBMUHQ/S CR9 1:40
VWSTLK/S
TRN 1645 SU 1715 SU JCDZP/S YB/N 0:30 0:30
MUHQVWSTLK/N
GOA 1745 SU 2:40
COMMENTS-
1.MUC TRN - AIRCRAFT OWNER LUFTHANSA CITYLINE
2.TRN GOA - AIRCRAFT OWNER LUFTHANSA CITYLINE
3.MUC TRN - DEPARTS TERMINAL 2
4.ENTIRE FLT- ET/ ELECTRONIC TKT CANDIDATE
5.ENTIRE FLT- MAX 1 HANDLUGGAGE PER PASSENGER
6.ENTIRE FLT- C90
7.MUC TRN - CO2/PAX* 79.11 KG ECO, 79.11 KG PRE
(*):SOURCE:ICAO CARBON EMISSIONS CALCULATOR
CONFIGURATION-
CR9 C 11 M 68
>
The plane (D-ACNO) was ferried back to MUC yesterday evening as LH9951. Since they - presumably - had to fly a cockpit crew dead head MUC-TRN to pick up the plane, they might have been able to fly in a replacement crew in time to allow them to fly LH1947 in time this morning. I guess it didn't work out for them. Given the fact that the original diversion was caused by weather in GOA I would expect an uphill battle to get compensation for the delay.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 8:43 am

I'd write LH in a nice way, ie NOT asking for EU261 compensation but rather a gesture of goodwill. Might very well got something in return (Voucher, Miles..) - otherwise, you could try a claim agency of course too (if they answer with "no soup for you") but I'd say chances are very slim they'd take the case.

Well, worse places than MUC to get stranded.
chris63 and annaschummi like this.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 1:24 pm

Programs: EBD (*G) & Delta Gold Medallion (STE+)
Hi

I'm *A Gold (SK) and I take a yearly trip to Thailand with the family. We always fly LH [Denmark]-FRA-BKK/SIN-KBV/HKT.

I always seem to have problems when checking in for the return. Same issue no matter if first leg is flown by Thai or Bangkok Airways. This year it will be flown by Jetstar Asia.

Basically, I can't check in online and I can't even select seats on the LH legs. We can of course check in at the airport but mostly just for the first leg meaning that we need to do a transfer check in (not online) when we get to BKK (this year it will be SIN). Last year that meant a walk of almost 3km with an infant and two small kids, and it wasn't a long stop so no time for food. I would really like to both be able to select seats and to avoid a transfer check in.

Does anybody have any suggestions?

I have talked to LH Customer Service numerous times and they have always been friendly but unable to help. Each time I get a new explanation and last year I was told that they could at least assign seats - which it turned out they couldn't.
Old Mar 12, 2019, 12:30 am

Programs: LH M+M
I dont know Thai or Bangkok's systems, but best guess is that they're on a different (booking) system and thus no cross checkin is possible.
Same applies for the "running" gag with LH / Eurowings, where the "daughter" company is (still) on a different one and I cannot checkin for EW flights at a Lufti counter.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.