Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Lufthansa Group Questions Here [2016-]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2019, 3:21 pm

Lounge access question - as noted in my previous post, I'm flying economy from BSL-MUC and business from MUC-ORD. I only have an hour layover in MUC but despite reports of how efficient MUC is for connecting, I doubt I'll have time to stop in a lounge. Will I have access in BSL to the contract lounge even if my business ticket is MUC-ORD? Thanks in advance.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 10:09 pm

Originally Posted by 3rdCoastFan
Will I have access in BSL to the contract lounge even if my business ticket is MUC-ORD? Thanks in advance.
Unless you are *G, according to the rules, no. However you should try to ask, you never know.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 3:52 am

Programs: Flyng Blue, AAdvantage, Eurobonus, Miles and more
Thanks for your answer.

I prefer to redeem miles by shopping....
Old Feb 21, 2019, 5:09 pm

Programs: AA, Marriott/SPG, AMEX
Long story short, my husband and I will be flying from FRA to TXL on Lufthansa after arriving via AA. Due to changing our AA flight we are ending up with a lot more time to kill in FRA, Because it is a short flight and was very pricey I opted to buy Classic Economy. I can purchase lounge access from Loungebuddy to some lounges. Any advise on which lounge would be the most convenient?

e are both Priority Pass via AMEX Plat. If none of these work I can spend €150 to upgrade each of us, which I would rather not do. I've never had to navigate FRA but heard it can be bewildering. Any advice would be appreciated.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 10:14 pm

Originally Posted by hipquest
Due to changing our AA flight we are ending up with a lot more time to kill in FRA, Because it is a short flight and was very pricey I opted to buy Classic Economy. I can purchase lounge access from Loungebuddy to some lounges.
Those lounges are alla marked "non-schengen" so you won't have access to any of them before your TXL flight. At 80$ a pop it would be quite the waste of money as well.

I would, in order, investigate a day room at the Sheraton, a train to Berlin, changing your flight to TXL (even last minute, I'm assuming it's two separate tickets, just ask at check in).
Old Feb 22, 2019, 12:30 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
You can change an eco classic ticket for 70€ and/or bid for an upgrade starting at 70€ for a domestic leg. Lufthansa will also sell you lounge access at the entrance. A day room at the sheraton, HGI or Hilton opposite the Terminal will be around 80-90€.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 2:36 am

Programs: FB Plat, IHG RA Spire, TK Elite+, HH Diamond, LH SEN, Marriott Titanium
So, long shot here but worth a try.

im going on a weekend break with my best friend in a few months. We will be meeting at Frankfurt airport and going to another European destination, we have a 6 hour connection.

i have Senator and he has no status. We will both be flying Economy.

I know we can use the Senator lounge no issue... but I have the option to get 1x First Class Lounge voucher using my select miles from last year. Is there any way I can get both of us into the first class lounge?
Old Feb 22, 2019, 3:25 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Doubt it.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 4:24 am

Originally Posted by Lewis42
Is there any way I can get both of us into the first class lounge?
Find a friendly HON at the door?
Old Feb 22, 2019, 4:26 pm

Programs: AA, Marriott/SPG, AMEX
Originally Posted by malmostoso
Those lounges are alla marked "non-schengen" so you won't have access to any of them before your TXL flight. At 80$ a pop it would be quite the waste of money as well.

I would, in order, investigate a day room at the Sheraton, a train to Berlin, changing your flight to TXL (even last minute, I'm assuming it's two separate tickets, just ask at check in).
I'll look into changing our flight to an earlier one when we arrive. IF I had discovered FT before I booked this trip we would have taken the train. Live and learn

Originally Posted by oliver2002
You can change an eco classic ticket for 70€ and/or bid for an upgrade starting at 70€ for a domestic leg. Lufthansa will also sell you lounge access at the entrance. A day room at the sheraton, HGI or Hilton opposite the Terminal will be around 80-90€.
We're actually staying at the Sheraton the night before our return trip. How easy/fast is it to get to the room and back to our terminal? I had 2 hours getting through immigration, figuring out our route through the airport and slight flight delay factored in with our original arrival time which would have left us 2 hours to kill but now it will be about 4. Not dreadful but not fun with a bit of jet lag. On a good note we will have already started DST so we'll only be 5 hour different

Thank you both so much!
Old Feb 23, 2019, 1:00 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by malmostoso
Find a friendly HON at the door?
The friendly HON would have to be on the same flight to TXL, though.
mmff likes this.
Old Feb 23, 2019, 3:37 am

Originally Posted by hipquest
We're actually staying at the Sheraton the night before our return trip. How easy/fast is it to get to the room and back to our terminal?
I have done sheraton hotel room door to aircraft gate (A11) in 15 minutes including hotel checkout and airport (A) security in 2012.
Old Feb 23, 2019, 4:47 am

Location: between DM464 and DM463 on the NAPSA26 RNAV TRANS in EDDM
Programs: this and that
Originally Posted by oliver2002
I have done sheraton hotel room door to aircraft gate (A11) in 15 minutes including hotel checkout and airport (A) security in 2012.
Those were the days, the good ol' days...
Old Feb 24, 2019, 5:10 am

Programs: Miles & More
Hello,
Sorry for the very embarrassing question, but I cannot find the answer anywhere (I have been looking online for hours).
I would like to know precisely how are status miles calculated as a function of distance (departure/destination) and booking class (as of 2019).
I am either very bad with google, or the information is very well hidden.
There is plenty of information for award miles, but nothing for status miles. I remember seeing a few years ago the booking class multiplicator table, but I cannot find it anymore.

Thank you in advance for your help!
Old Feb 24, 2019, 5:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by jscivi
Hello,
Sorry for the very embarrassing question, but I cannot find the answer anywhere (I have been looking online for hours).
I would like to know precisely how are status miles calculated as a function of distance (departure/destination) and booking class (as of 2019).
I am either very bad with google, or the information is very well hidden.
There is plenty of information for award miles, but nothing for status miles. I remember seeing a few years ago the booking class multiplicator table, but I cannot find it anymore.

Thank you in advance for your help!
There is actually lots of information in this forum

Status miles are distance based, fixed amount intra EU but actual distance all other routes, Y = distance J x 2 F x 3

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.