Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Lufthansa Group Questions Here [2016-]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2019, 2:36 am

Thank you malmostoso. I will only have cabin baggage so that is not a problem.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 4:18 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Greenpen
I have searched the forum but the last reference to doing this is from 2010 so I wonder if this is still possible without LH repricing the whole itinerary and trying to charge me.
I got just one quick thing to add to the previous poster's answer. As a courtesy, call up LH after getting off in FRA or stop by at the counter and tell them you won't be able to take the last leg due to a last-minute change of plans. That way, they don't have to call you out at the gate. They might even be able to give your seat to someone else.
chris63 likes this.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 12:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Just wondering, does if LH block the first row of their PE cabin on long haul routes for their own Senators and Hon Circles? According to expertflyer, on the specific flight and date I'm going to fly all seats in the other rows are all occupied and only bulkhead seats are available but they seem blocked. LH.com doesn't allow me to select seats on that segment and doesn't even open the seat map. Does this row open on OLCI or should I need to go to the airport early in order to secure a window or aisle seat. I am sharing the screenshot from expertflyer below.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 9:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
Just wondering, does if LH block the first row of their PE cabin on long haul routes for their own Senators and Hon Circles? According to expertflyer, on the specific flight and date I'm going to fly all seats in the other rows are all occupied and only bulkhead seats are available but they seem blocked. LH.com doesn't allow me to select seats on that segment and doesn't even open the seat map. Does this row open on OLCI or should I need to go to the airport early in order to secure a window or aisle seat. I am sharing the screenshot from expertflyer below.
Yes, blocked for SEN & HON.
They open up at OLCI.
ISTFlyer likes this.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 11:59 pm

Programs: Hilton-Diamond Lifetime Platinum AA UA, WN-CP, SPG Gold.
I have 50,000 miles due to expire, any suggestions.

Can I have them reinstated,,has 97,000,

have the MM Credit Card, and use it couple time a year..to keep miles active,,
Old Feb 8, 2019, 4:59 am

Programs: Flyng Blue, AAdvantage, Eurobonus, Miles and more
Buy miles M&M

Hi dear team.

Could we buy miles in the programm M&M ?

I have only 14 kmiles not enought to offer me a return ticket in business class from EU to Asia !...

Thank you.
Old Feb 8, 2019, 5:31 am

Originally Posted by jhmili

I have only 14 kmiles not enought to offer me a return ticket in business class from EU to Asia !
No, you cannot buy directly. I believe you can buy SPG points and transfer them to M&M, but I suspect the amount of money you'd have to spend would easily cover the price of a revenue ticket.

Just spend the 14k miles in the shop or donate them, if they are about to expire.
chris63 and mmff like this.
Old Feb 8, 2019, 6:23 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond
I am finding cheap LH Economy flights via Google Flights. When I get redirected from GF to LH, I can book them, but they book into Economy Light.
I'd rather book them as Economy Basic, since I want to credit them to UA MP and Economy Light would only credit 50% PQM instead of 100% PQM.
When I try to book the exact same flight through the LH website, rates are at least double, as it's only showing me the Basic Plus fares. Basic Light and Basic are hidden.
Is there a way to "upgrade" to standard Basic with a flight in the shopping cart? I'm not seeing it.
Old Feb 9, 2019, 9:45 am

Standard Economy fares don't include a seat reservation? Is this a joke?
Old Feb 9, 2019, 9:52 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by sethMCOflyer
Standard Economy fares don't include a seat reservation? Is this a joke?
With BA you don't even get seat reservation with business class unless you're Gold or Silver!
Old Feb 9, 2019, 9:57 am

Originally Posted by yurtripper
With BA you don't even get seat reservation with business class unless you're Gold or Silver!
So what's the point of regular economy? $100 extra to get a checked bag?
Old Feb 9, 2019, 3:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Originally Posted by jhmili
Hi dear team.

I have only 14 kmiles not enought to offer me a return ticket in business class from EU to Asia !...

Thank you.
Don't forget, with Eurowings you can get one way award tickets in the BASIC tariff for 11,500 miles. These can be a great deal, especially as the taxes are low on EW flights. DUS-GVA is a route I use quite a bit and it has always been much dearer since Eurowings replaced the Lufthansa Regional service. So this is a route where you actually get value for the miles. Taxes GVA-DUS are only €17 !

For example, you could go in one direction with such a route, and come back with the train. Of course, I realize that this is Germany centric, and you might not be anywhere near Germany!
Old Feb 9, 2019, 10:25 pm

Programs: Lufthansa Senator, Marriott Platinum with ambassador, occasional HH Gold
I have a general question regarding paid upgrades

How do they relate to status miles ?

Pre airport upgrade from let’s say
eco to business

How do the upgrades relate to status
miles ?

Last edited by marctbb; Feb 13, 2019 at 4:44 am
Old Feb 10, 2019, 5:49 am

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci
Quick question - if I am booking TLS-FRA-DUB and upgrade the FRA-DUB to Business Class, will I also be able to get lounge access in TLS as well as I'm connecting to a J ticket?
Old Feb 10, 2019, 5:52 am

Unless you're *G, no
FlightDetective likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.