Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Lufthansa Group Questions Here [2016-]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2019, 9:03 pm

Programs: United Gold, Bonvoy Titanium
Any way to select the upper deck economy seats on the A380 complimentary as a UA Gold (*Gold) traveling on a UA award ticket?
Old Jan 20, 2019, 1:38 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
No chance: The A380 economy experience-post it here.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 3:41 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
I had an eUpgrade voucher that was going to expire at the end of 2018 so in December 2018 I used it for the outbound flight of a round-trip J flight in 2019 and I was put on standby for F. However now it looks like F is filling up for my outbound while the return is still quite open in F. If it turns out that F is full on the day of my flight, can I change the date of the upgrade voucher and use it for the return, or since the voucher is now past the expiration date I will be out of luck?
Old Jan 22, 2019, 12:49 am

Programs: LH Senator ★
If you call to cancel the upgrade, your evoucher will be credit back to your account, but its validity will be set to end of current quarter (31.3.)
Old Jan 22, 2019, 2:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by escape4
I had an eUpgrade voucher that was going to expire at the end of 2018 so in December 2018 I used it for the outbound flight of a round-trip J flight in 2019 and I was put on standby for F. However now it looks like F is filling up for my outbound while the return is still quite open in F. If it turns out that F is full on the day of my flight, can I change the date of the upgrade voucher and use it for the return, or since the voucher is now past the expiration date I will be out of luck?
Since you used the Evoucher & it’s been deducted from your account, if the upgrade fails on the day it will be recredited to your account with a validity extension of a quarter, you can then apply it to your inbound flight.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 3:02 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by JanoSicek
If you call to cancel the upgrade, your evoucher will be credit back to your account, but its validity will be set to end of current quarter (31.3.)
Originally Posted by chris63

Since you used the Evoucher & it’s been deducted from your account, if the upgrade fails on the day it will be recredited to your account with a validity extension of a quarter, you can then apply it to your inbound flight.
Thank you, I am glad to hear. That means technically if it fails several times I get an extension several times so it does not expire unused.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 3:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by escape4
Thank you, I am glad to hear. That means technically if it fails several times I get an extension several times so it does not expire unused.
Welcome.

Yes, as long as the vouchers are not in your account & applied to a waitlist or a booking. But hopefully it will clear for your outbound
Old Jan 23, 2019, 1:00 am

Programs: A3 Gold, HH Diamond
Hi everyone, a question re: paid upgrades.

Booked on a trip in Y (LH stock) and considering upgrading as I need to harvest award miles. As I just learned, if I upgrade via bidding, I only get status miles according to the new booking class, award miles earned stay the same (is this since last year's "enhancement"?). Is the case the same if I take the fixed price upgrade offered online? In other words, is my only chance of earning more award miles to rebook the ticket entirely? Called my local M&M office and they didn't sound very assured in the answer they gave me.

Many thanks
Old Jan 23, 2019, 2:05 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

The accounting of the additional monies paid for the upgrade is difficult for M&M, so for both upgrade options the system will most likely default to distance based award miles based on the booking class. I don't know which booking class you are booked in for economy, so the new booking class in business may end up earning less (distance based) miles than you would have earned in Y.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 7:58 am

Random question - if you have a business class fare (on an a320) are you able to request an economy seat?

Looking at the seat map - i'm thinking i'd prefer an emg seat with longer leg room than the wider, but shorter business class fares
Old Jan 23, 2019, 8:51 am

Originally Posted by baggyred
Random question - if you have a business class fare (on an a320) are you able to request an economy seat?
The gate agent can downgrade you to economy, but by then the exit rows are usually taken.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 2:32 pm

Programs: LH Sen, Starwood Amb, Hilton Diamond
Senator upgrade vouchers

When one requalifies for Senator within the first year of the two-year Senator period, does one get 2 new upgrade vouchers? Or does this only happen every two years regardless of mid-period requalification?
Old Jan 23, 2019, 7:26 pm

Programs: A3 Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by oliver2002
The accounting of the additional monies paid for the upgrade is difficult for M&M, so for both upgrade options the system will most likely default to distance based award miles based on the booking class. I don't know which booking class you are booked in for economy, so the new booking class in business may end up earning less (distance based) miles than you would have earned in Y.
Thank you Oliver, that makes sense. However, the issue I am trying to figure out is more about whether I get more award miles after an upgrade at all, irrespective of calculation method.

I am booked in V, and in the case of a successful upgrade via bidding I think Lufthansa will only give me award miles after my original (V) booking class, if I understand correctly, so no extra miles for the upgrade. (They do give extra status miles.) I used the upgrade bid last time in 2017 when they gave miles according to the new booking class, PE upgrades rebooked into E if I remember correctly. I suppose this has been changed last year with the move to revenue based M&M crediting, and I assume the issue you pointed out is certainly problematic, however it seems they chose to simply not to bother and do away with extra miles.

What I cannot figure out is what happens if I take the fixed price upgrade offered online on my booking page. Here the website gives no pointers about the conditions and I've spoken with two M&M agents over the phone to confirm their policy regarding this and they said different things, so there's that.... Hence I am here trying to source some wisdom. If the policy is the same as with the bidding upgrades that would mean that the only way of increasing award miles earned for the trip would be to completely rebook the tickets which I find somewhat unfriendly, to say the least.

Edit: Just got off the phone with them, the above is confirmed. Once booked (on LH stock), it is impossible to increase the award miles received for a trip by either paid upgrade option.

Last edited by Edlington; Jan 24, 2019 at 4:10 am Reason: Updated with new info
Old Jan 27, 2019, 5:28 pm

Location: Catania, Sicily/South Jersey (PHL)/Houston, Texas/Red Stick/airborne in-between
Programs: United Global Svs, AA PlatPro, WN RR, AZ/ITA Freccia, Hilton Diam, Bonvoy Gold, Hertz Prez, IHG
I am flying a UA issued (016 stock) paid business class ticket EWR-FRA-BAH (with a short stop in Riyadh it seems) and the mirror return a few days later. First leg on UA the rest on LH.

For some reason the LH website will not let me choose a seat on the return BAH - FRA leg but will for the FRA - BAH and FRA - EWR legs. Any ideas why that one particular leg is not allowing seat selection?

Danke
Old Jan 27, 2019, 11:35 pm

Question New here and confused about redeeming points

Hi, I am trying to take my family to Hungary. There are 6 of us going, 2 of us are going to try to fly with reward points only. How do we go about doing this? I've researched for the past 3 hours and the flights that everyone is going to book aren't available with rewards points. We have chase points which I researched you can transfer to United and book a Lufthansa flight. When I go to the United website that particular flight for Lufthansa is not listed. How can all of us go on the same flight with some of us using points?? Thank you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.