Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Lufthansa Group Questions Here [2016-]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2018, 6:21 am
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
I have next week an ex-VIE trip in business class on LX metal: VIE-ZRH-HKG return, with FRA-VIE positioning flight in Y wrapped around. For the inbound back, I have my positioning flight back to FRA 3 hours later after my arrival in VIE. Is there a LH group arrival lounge I could use in VIE to take a shower ?
Old Nov 27, 2018, 9:13 am

VIE stricly doesn't have any arrival lounges (even with SEN / HON you can't use the lounges on arrival) - you'll have to find something else for the layover
Old Nov 28, 2018, 12:58 am

Location: between DM464 and DM463 on the NAPSA26 RNAV TRANS in EDDM
Programs: this and that
Originally Posted by YuropFlyer
VIE stricly doesn't have any arrival lounges (even with SEN / HON you can't use the lounges on arrival) - you'll have to find something else for the layover
If the OP has a positioning flight FRA-VIE-FRA wrapped around his trip and he's *G he can use the SEN lounge as a departure lounge - as long as he is departing FRA-VIE on LH/OS.

Isn't lounge on arrival usage a SEN benefit? What if you follow the transit signs on arrival, clearing passport control and security (if needed) you should be able to get into the airside part of the terminal. OS lounge dragons refusing entry is a different story, though.
Old Nov 28, 2018, 1:13 am

Originally Posted by cas_de
If the OP has a positioning flight FRA-VIE-FRA wrapped around his trip and he's *G he can use the SEN lounge as a departure lounge - as long as he is departing FRA-VIE on LH/OS.

Isn't lounge on arrival usage a SEN benefit? What if you follow the transit signs on arrival, clearing passport control and security (if needed) you should be able to get into the airside part of the terminal. OS lounge dragons refusing entry is a different story, though.
I didn't see his profile said *G - obviously it would help if he would have added that little fact in the main post. Honestly, I thought if one is *G, such question wouldn't even be asked, but I guess that doesn't apply to our Greek collegues

Lounge on Arrival is only working at LH lounges - and LX "more or less" follows it too, while OS decided it won't. It's clear cut, no lounge access on arrival even for HON. Only happening at "fully integrated" LH Group, I think

In OP's case, with *G available, simply pick up luggage (if there is), re-check, then head back airside and use the departing LH boarding pass + *G status to access the SEN lounge.
Old Nov 29, 2018, 6:46 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
I'm looking to make a small mileage run on LH flying ZRH-MUC-FRA-CMN-FRA-GVA-ZRH. In CMN I would be taking the same plane back I came on(Arriving 00:55 and departing 01:05, 1:10 connection time). Online Check-In for the flight from CMN should be available 23 horus before departure.
Is it possible to check in for my flights from CMN at either ZRH, MUC or FRA on the outbound leg and can I even get my boarding pass there already? Time wise it should be ok as I will pass through all of those withing 23 hours of my departure in CMN.
I'm just looking to minimize time in CMN as there is very little information available on transfers at this airport and if the transfer desk (if there is any) or maybe even the gate is able to check me in on my LH flight if I can't online check in or at any of the other airports before.

Cheers!
Old Nov 29, 2018, 6:51 am
Accor 10+ BadgeHilton 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
Originally Posted by YuropFlyer
I didn't see his profile said *G - obviously it would help if he would have added that little fact in the main post. Honestly, I thought if one is *G, such question wouldn't even be asked, but I guess that doesn't apply to our Greek collegues

Lounge on Arrival is only working at LH lounges - and LX "more or less" follows it too, while OS decided it won't. It's clear cut, no lounge access on arrival even for HON. Only happening at "fully integrated" LH Group, I think

In OP's case, with *G available, simply pick up luggage (if there is), re-check, then head back airside and use the departing LH boarding pass + *G status to access the SEN lounge.
So yes, I am *G and will use LH for FRA-VIE-FRA. Actually you are right I should not even have asked the question but during a senior moment, I completely forgot I will lounge access for my VIE-FRA and will be able to shower there.
Thanks.
Old Nov 29, 2018, 6:57 am

Originally Posted by Nick Art
I'm looking to make a small mileage run on LH flying ZRH-MUC-FRA-CMN-FRA-GVA-ZRH. In CMN I would be taking the same plane back I came on(Arriving 00:55 and departing 01:05, 1:10 connection time). Online Check-In for the flight from CMN should be available 23 horus before departure.
Is it possible to check in for my flights from CMN at either ZRH, MUC or FRA on the outbound leg and can I even get my boarding pass there already? Time wise it should be ok as I will pass through all of those withing 23 hours of my departure in CMN.
I'm just looking to minimize time in CMN as there is very little information available on transfers at this airport and if the transfer desk (if there is any) or maybe even the gate is able to check me in on my LH flight if I can't online check in or at any of the other airports before.

Cheers!
My guess is that you *should* be able to check in for all segments when checking in (online / mobile) for the outbound flights. Maybe the chances that you can check in increase if you don't check in for the outbound flights at t-23 hrs, but within the t-23 hrs timeframe of the segment CMN-FRA. If you are only able to check in for the outbound you might have issues checking in for the return flights until after touchdown in CMN. But maybe the lounge staff in FRA can assist if needed. Just in case you need it for transfer purposes (without having to clear passport control at CMN) I would carry a physical printout of the itin / eTicket with me. This could help facilitate the airside transfer process in CMN (if there is such an option). Good luck!
Nick Art likes this.
Old Nov 29, 2018, 7:11 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

My guess is that you *should* be able to check in for all segments when checking in (online / mobile) for the outbound flights. Maybe the chances that you can check in increase if you don't check in for the outbound flights at t-23 hrs, but within the t-23 hrs timeframe of the segment CMN-FRA. If you are only able to check in for the outbound you might have issues checking in for the return flights until after touchdown in CMN. But maybe the lounge staff in FRA can assist if needed. Just in case you need it for transfer purposes (without having to clear passport control at CMN) I would carry a physical printout of the itin / eTicket with me. This could help facilitate the airside transfer process in CMN (if there is such an option). Good luck!
This was exactly my thought.
On a trip to AGP last year (with the return the next day) I checked in for the ZRH-AGP segment in Zruich and the lady was able to print the AGP-ZRH boarding passes as well (even thought the departure was a little more than 23 hours at this point, I'm pretty sure I had sequence number 1 on it). So by checking in within 23 hours of the CMN retrun flight it should be possible. But I'm not sure and I'd like to minimize the risk here, hence my question. I think I the answer is that it's possible, but I'm not sure.
Regarding CMN, I can't even find anything else but a weird construction map of it online at all... nor any information on trnasferring other than that there is a hotel and and option to do it.
Old Nov 29, 2018, 7:20 am

Originally Posted by Nick Art
This was exactly my thought.
On a trip to AGP last year (with the return the next day) I checked in for the ZRH-AGP segment in Zruich and the lady was able to print the AGP-ZRH boarding passes as well (even thought the departure was a little more than 23 hours at this point, I'm pretty sure I had sequence number 1 on it). So by checking in within 23 hours of the CMN retrun flight it should be possible. But I'm not sure and I'd like to minimize the risk here, hence my question. I think I the answer is that it's possible, but I'm not sure.
Regarding CMN, I can't even find anything else but a weird construction map of it online at all... nor any information on trnasferring other than that there is a hotel and and option to do it.
May the force be with you. I just tried to research the check in options and deadlines for CMN, but the wonderful new LH webpage does not like my request:

Resource at '/content/lh/markets/de/de/prepare-for-your-trip/check-in-overview/all-check-in.html' not found: No resource found

RequestURI=/content/lh/markets/de/de/prepare-for-your-trip/check-in-overview/all-check-in.html

Servlet= /apps/sling/servlet/errorhandler/404.jspApacheSling/2.6 (jetty/9.2.22.v20170606, Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM 1.8.0_191, Linux 3.10.0-862.14.4.el7.x86_64 amd64)
Old Nov 29, 2018, 7:33 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

May the force be with you. I just tried to research the check in options and deadlines for CMN, but the wonderful new LH webpage does not like my request:
Online Check in is available until 60 minutes before departure while baggage drop off/check-in at the counter is available until 40 minutes before departure. It's the same for Business and Economy.

The trip is not booked yet, and only planned for next February, but I wanted to makes sure it's actually possible to do before booking :P

Last edited by Nick Art; Nov 29, 2018 at 7:38 am
Old Nov 30, 2018, 2:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Good for you, Nick, that sounds an interesting routing. May I ask if you got a fair, if not good, price for it? Shame not to spend more time in CMN (that's Casablanca, isn't it?)
Old Nov 30, 2018, 3:02 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Concerto
Good for you, Nick, that sounds an interesting routing. May I ask if you got a fair, if not good, price for it? Shame not to spend more time in CMN (that's Casablanca, isn't it?)
That‘s quite correct. it is Casablanca indeed. the whole flight books into D and will give me 12000 miles with eurobonus, but it‘d give around 15k for miles and more. The price is 976.- which is okayish for the amount of miles one will receive. Tje rputing with the return over MUC is available on swiss.com and while a whole selection used to be available on lufthansa.com yesterday something was changed and you are no longer able to book all the fancy connections directly. with the return the same day.
It is however still available on priceline and technically a TA should be able to book it (maybe even the LH call center).
It is indeed a shame that I won‘t be able to spend a night in Casablanca, but the idea was to make the routing as short as possible, sonce during February I will be rather preoccupied. The problem here is that there are only two weekly flights.
Since the routing now doesn‘t even block a whole day (but only the evening from 5pm to the next morning noon) it‘s just about possible,

Edit: corrected M&M earning.

Last edited by Nick Art; Nov 30, 2018 at 3:10 pm
Old Nov 30, 2018, 3:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Eurobonus? Excellent, it looks like you're proceeding in the right direction and that is away from M&M. Does Eurobonus have such draconian and absurd mileage expiry rules as M&M? I wonder if I might end up making Eurobonus my future Star Alliance FFP, although Aegean is tempting (despite the fact that I don't need to go to Greece these days).
Old Nov 30, 2018, 3:40 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Concerto
Eurobonus? Excellent, it looks like you're proceeding in the right direction and that is away from M&M. Does Eurobonus have such draconian and absurd mileage expiry rules as M&M? I wonder if I might end up making Eurobonus my future Star Alliance FFP, although Aegean is tempting (despite the fact that I don't need to go to Greece these days).
Well the step was logical for me, while I‘d reach *S with M&M I‘d wouöd be able to get *G at Eurobonus. And 10 consecutive years as Eurobonus gold will grant you eurobonus gold for life. There is a miles expire with eurobonus as well though.
Old Dec 1, 2018, 3:21 am
Suspended

Programs: M&S, Radisson
SAS Eurobonus is not without flaws. I mean, a 27% devaluation on TATL routes without any prior announcement? That's crazy and we know for a fact that M&M wouldn't do that to us. (LH lost a legal battle in Germany after which they agreed to announcing program changes at least 3 months in advance.)
Nick Art likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.