[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Lufthansa Group Questions Here [2016-]

Old Aug 15, 18, 11:26 am

Programs: SQ(*G), A3(*G), LH(*S), SK, BA; Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by STBCypriot View Post
Is the Lufthansa Miles and More program the same program that LOT uses? I have a LH M&M account with no miles in it. I'm flying LOT in a month. Do I need to open a new acount or use my LH account number and get the same amount of miles credited to my account?
It's (essentially) the same program. Just put in the LH M&M number you have and you're good. Where you may encounter differences between LH M&M and LO M&M could be things like status matches - I remember an airline that would match status on LH but not on LO.
Old Aug 16, 18, 4:38 pm

Programs: ST E+, *G, some hotel gold...
The practical difference is what logo you get on your card, and that is only determined by your address.

A Polish resident will always get a LO card. An Austrian resident will always get an OS card.
A Slovak resident will always get an LH card, even if they live 30 minutes drive from VIE.

Unless you move to Poland, you cannot get an LO card.
Old Aug 21, 18, 3:35 pm

One way award flights

Apologies if this has been asked before however I could find the answer.

With a one way flight booking using Miles & More (eg HND-EZE via Frankfurt), is it possible to stop-over in the connecting airport (eg Frankfurt). I understand it is when booking a return ticket, but unsure if itís possoble on a 1 way itinerary.

Thanks in advance.
Old Aug 21, 18, 10:10 pm

Originally Posted by Voda_boy View Post
Apologies if this has been asked before however I could find the answer.

With a one way flight booking using Miles & More (eg HND-EZE via Frankfurt), is it possible to stop-over in the connecting airport (eg Frankfurt). I understand it is when booking a return ticket, but unsure if itís possoble on a 1 way itinerary.

Thanks in advance.
No stopovers on one way awards I'm afraid
Voda_boy likes this.
Old Aug 22, 18, 11:39 am

Assuming availability, is it possible to book a routing LHR to NRT via YVR as 1 ticket. Reason I ask is that it will force a connection of 21 hours and I can spend the night in Vancouver visiting friends. Or will this cost more miles than LHR - NRT either direct or via FRA etc. Many thanks
Old Aug 22, 18, 2:44 pm

Originally Posted by Voda_boy View Post
Assuming availability, is it possible to book a routing LHR to NRT via YVR as 1 ticket. Reason I ask is that it will force a connection of 21 hours and I can spend the night in Vancouver visiting friends. Or will this cost more miles than LHR - NRT either direct or via FRA etc. Many thanks
LHR-YVR-NRT will cost (way) more because it is a 3-region award.
Voda_boy likes this.
Old Aug 23, 18, 9:16 am

Programs: M&M FTL
I'm trying to figure out the mileage using the m&m calculator.
I booked a flight and I have 3 different results (see photos)
- first one (3680) is shown during the booking
- second one (5520) is shown after the booking
- third one (10284) is shown on the calculator

I tried to put all my flights details correctly.
did I do everything correctly?
and what is the correct number of miles that I will get?

sorry for the newbie question, first time I'm using the calculator feature on the m&m app.
thanks

Old Aug 23, 18, 9:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
When bidding on an upgrade, will I hear back 36 hours before the flight for which I bid or 36 hours before the first flight I take?
Old Aug 23, 18, 12:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC S100K, A3*S, SPG Gold, CC Gold, HH Diamond
I booked LX DUB-ZRH-FRA.

The first flight was delayed, and I was automatically rebooked onto LH DUB-FRA, arriving a bit later.

That flight is now delayed.

Is the threshold for EC 261 compensation 2 hours or 3 hours in this case?
Old Aug 23, 18, 1:53 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz, and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN** HH Gold
Originally Posted by canadiancow View Post
I booked LX DUB-ZRH-FRA.

The first flight was delayed, and I was automatically rebooked onto LH DUB-FRA, arriving a bit later.

That flight is now delayed.

Is the threshold for EC 261 compensation 2 hours or 3 hours in this case?
For flights under 1,500 km arrival delay of at least 2 hours from the original arrival time.
Old Aug 23, 18, 2:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC S100K, A3*S, SPG Gold, CC Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner View Post
For flights under 1,500 km arrival delay of at least 2 hours from the original arrival time.
Original scheduled arrival on LX was 2010.

It's currently 2213, and we're still taxiing at FRA.

So does that mean we're owed 125 each, assuming the delay was not extraordinary?
Old Aug 23, 18, 2:22 pm

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by raffa View Post
I'm trying to figure out the mileage using the m&m calculator.
I booked a flight and I have 3 different results (see photos)
- first one (3680) is shown during the booking
- second one (5520) is shown after the booking
- third one (10284) is shown on the calculator

I tried to put all my flights details correctly.
did I do everything correctly?
and what is the correct number of miles that I will get?

sorry for the newbie question, first time I'm using the calculator feature on the m&m app.
thanks
Hey Raffa,
The status miles get calculated as follows - all based on Q class:
Feeder flight in Europe: 750 + 25% FTL bonus = 938
Flight MUC HKG: Distance of 5.605, Q pays 50% = 2,803, FTL bonus is 25% of distance = 1,401 - total 4,204
Sum of both is 5,142 - outbound and return yields 10,284 - so the mileage calculator is right.

For award miles it depends if your ticket stock is LH family or not. If not your award miles are the same as status miles - 10,284.

If the ticket is issued on LH family stock it depends on what you paid. A quick matrix research shows that a Q fare for your dates costs EUR 280 (raw fare) each way plus EUR 360 YQ surcharge - total of EUR 920. As an FTL you get a multiplier of 6 which yields 5,520 - the number you saw after your booking. So you would be better off to issue the ticket on non-LH family ticket stock, if possible.

Hope this helps

Have safe travels and enjoy beautiful Hong Kong

Primenumber
Old Aug 23, 18, 3:47 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz, and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN** HH Gold
Originally Posted by canadiancow View Post
Original scheduled arrival on LX was 2010.

It's currently 2213, and we're still taxiing at FRA.

So does that mean we're owed 125 each, assuming the delay was not extraordinary?
Since the delay (when the first door opens) is over 2 hours the compensation should be Ä250 each.
Old Aug 23, 18, 5:12 pm

Programs: ST E+, *G, some hotel gold...
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner View Post
Since the delay (when the first door opens) is over 2 hours the compensation should be Ä250 each.
Isn't the cutoff for compensation on delay 3 hours?

2 hours is I think a guideline for light refreshments, and a limit for late arrival in case of an alternative flight, when between 1 and 2 weeks before the flight. The cutoff for changes less than 1 week before is 1 hour, and the compensation is halved if the arrival is later by less than this time (plus a different limit for earlier departure).
IIRC
Old Aug 24, 18, 2:51 am

Programs: JMB
Will be flying with ANA from Nuremberg to Tokyo Haneda via Frankfurt. The connecting flight from Nuremberg to Frankfurt is operated by Lufthansa.
Since ANA does not operate any flights departing from Nuremberg, how will the boarding pass for the flight Frankfurt to Tokyo be handled? Will I get it at Nuremberg from the Lufthansa check in counter (as I will also check in all my baggage to Tokyo there) or do I have to get it at Frankfurt airport from an ANA check in counter?

Search this Thread