Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Lufthansa Group Questions Here [2016-]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2018, 3:51 pm

Very new to this, can anyone give explain what an F, J, etc ticket are?
Old Apr 3, 2018, 5:00 pm

Originally Posted by hborrego
Very new to this, can anyone give explain what an F, J, etc ticket are?
F is for "first class", J is for "business class" (sometimes "C"), Y is for "economy class". These are generic labels.

Then within each class of service you have "booking classes", i.e. different types of tickets within the same class of service. For example within the Lufthansa group, F is a full fare first class ticket, A is a discount first class ticket, and O is an award (i.e. purchased with miles) first class ticket. In business class you have J,C,D,Z,P,I; while in economy you have a number of booking classes where K,L,T are generally the cheapest and non flexible ones, and X is an award.

The language is daunting at the beginning but FT provides a glossary, so you can take a look there!
Old Apr 4, 2018, 12:33 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus , Marriot Platinum Premier Elite
Hi,

i had a flight from Phuket To Cologne with Eurowings and it is supposed to land at 3 pm to Cologne
and i had another flight from Cologne To Istanbul at 5 pm with Turkish Airlines .
Then i received one e mail from Eurowings which is telling flight is delayed for 16 hours so i called them maybe 3-5 times immediately
but the only thing they said , send an e mail to us and we will reply you .
so i sent them an e mail and explained the situation
so i received one e mail which was auto reply which is saying they will reply my e mail in 4 weeks.
so i called eurowings office in phuket airport and again nothing.
at the end i had to book another flight from Phuket to Istanbul and fortunately i cancelled my Turkish airlines flight from cologne to istanbul for free of charge

the most interesting part is last week i recieved one e mail from Eurowings which includes new reciept and booking number of my flight which shows refund of my return flight only.

and funny they even did not reply my e mail which i sent one month ago.
so what i can do about it ?
any advices ?

Regards

Last edited by srknctnts; Apr 5, 2018 at 3:04 am
Old Apr 4, 2018, 8:29 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
How long before departure?
Old Apr 4, 2018, 1:51 pm

Programs: M&M SEN, Skywards
Didn't want to start a new thread so posting here. Lh didn't load enough hot breakfast on yesterday's us-fra flight in Y (by 7). Now question, is it worth complaining about, what's appropriate compensation if any, or don't bother writing them? The purser did log it in whatever system they use.
​​​​​​Thanks
Old Apr 4, 2018, 4:46 pm

Originally Posted by br0snic
Didn't want to start a new thread so posting here. Lh didn't load enough hot breakfast on yesterday's us-fra flight in Y (by 7). Now question, is it worth complaining about, what's appropriate compensation if any, or don't bother writing them? The purser did log it in whatever system they use.
​​​​​​Thanks
Do complain but don't expect a quick response nor more than a handful of M&M miles.
Old Apr 5, 2018, 3:06 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus , Marriot Platinum Premier Elite
Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
How long before departure?
i received an e mail 12 hours before original departure time which says there is gonna be delay for 16 hours
after this e mail i called them immediately and they did nothing so i had to take care of myself because i had very important meeting in istanbul .
and they just paid return ticket back
that is it
Old Apr 6, 2018, 2:50 am

Programs: FB Plat, IHG RA Spire, TK Elite+, HH Diamond, LH SEN, Marriott Titanium
Last night I booked two tickets using Miles & more miles 3 of the legs are on Asiana, one is on Singapore.

I have been able to login to the singapore website and select my seats.

For Asiana I have been unable to select the seats...any ideas? I can login to my booking on the Asiana website but no option to change the seats...

Thanks!
Old Apr 9, 2018, 2:06 am

Programs: Miles&More SEN; ITA Premium, Asante Gold, IHG Platinum, BAEC Bronze, Accor Silver, Radisson Premier
Hi,
i cant seem to find an answer to this question anywhere. I upgraded from Y (S class) to PE (R) for a recent LH operated flight with UA ticket. I only upgraded the long haul leg from FRA to LAX. I have received the miles for the European leg of the flight, which was not upgraded, but have not received the miles for my original revenue S class booking from FRA to LAX in my miles and More account. My question is whether by upgrading with Miles you lose all miles from that segment, or whether I should still receive the miles for the S segment I paid for from FRA to LAX? And if I should receive the miles, how long before I get credited these miles?

Thanks a lot
Old Apr 9, 2018, 7:09 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
:40 connection in WAW risky?
SOF-WAW-TXL is on an RJ900 and Dash8 around 3pm. I’m hesitant given the cascading delays that regional jet flights can accrue when flying domestically in the US.
There’s a non-stop on Bulgaria Air a few hours later but I’d like to get to Berlin sooner and get *A miles.
Old Apr 10, 2018, 12:01 am

Programs: Miles&More SEN; ITA Premium, Asante Gold, IHG Platinum, BAEC Bronze, Accor Silver, Radisson Premier
Originally Posted by ChrisBub
Hi,
i cant seem to find an answer to this question anywhere. I upgraded from Y (S class) to PE (R) for a recent LH operated flight with UA ticket. I only upgraded the long haul leg from FRA to LAX. I have received the miles for the European leg of the flight, which was not upgraded, but have not received the miles for my original revenue S class booking from FRA to LAX in my miles and More account. My question is whether by upgrading with Miles you lose all miles from that segment, or whether I should still receive the miles for the S segment I paid for from FRA to LAX? And if I should receive the miles, how long before I get credited these miles?

Thanks a lot
Update - after 7 (yes 7- their FT line for some reason kept disconnecting) calls to Miles and More, and most of the agents telling me that the flight is not eligible for miles, I finally spoke to a very helpful agent who found out that as long as I sent my original boarding pass (which I don’t have as the LH staff in FRA took it off me when I upgraded at the airport - no mobile BP as I was selected for SSSS security by US authorities) and copy of Miles and More card I would be credited the miles for the S class ticket. I explained I had no original boarding pass and was told to send in the original e-ticket, so all is good.
Old Apr 10, 2018, 7:17 am

Originally Posted by JVPhoto
:40 connection in WAW risky?
SOF-WAW-TXL is on an RJ900 and Dash8 around 3pm. I’m hesitant given the cascading delays that regional jet flights can accrue when flying domestically in the US.
There’s a non-stop on Bulgaria Air a few hours later but I’d like to get to Berlin sooner and get *A miles.
Do you have an EU passport? Have to clear immigration and transit security. Slight risk, its a small airport other than that, although if you are dealing with remote stands have to factor that in. If you need to be in berlin I wouldn't risk it.
Old Apr 13, 2018, 5:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Right, time for a newbie question. In 2015 I qualified for FTL valid through February 2018. Then in 2016 once again, which lasts through to February 2020. Now, 2017 was a quiet year. If I requalify this year will that extend my FTL status through to 2022?
Old Apr 13, 2018, 6:00 am

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
Originally Posted by Concerto
Right, time for a newbie question. In 2015 I qualified for FTL valid through February 2018. Then in 2016 once again, which lasts through to February 2020. Now, 2017 was a quiet year. If I requalify this year will that extend my FTL status through to 2022?
Yes, as you will qualify in the first of the two years (2018-19) of the current two year qualification period.

in 2015 you qualified for 2016-17 (Feb 18 validity);
in 2016 you requalified for 2018-19 (Feb 20 validity);
in 2018 you will requalify for 2020-21 (Feb 22 validity).

And like 2017, 2019 will not matter.
Old Apr 13, 2018, 7:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Just thought I’d get it in the can now, just in case they shaft us any further with the current changes. Thanks for your response.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.