Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Lufthansa Group Questions Here [2016-]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2016, 1:58 pm

Programs: QR
[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Lufthansa Group Questions Here [2016-]

MAN-FRA-JED

Will I have enough time in FRA? Transit time 1hr25min? Do I have to go through security?
Old Feb 16, 2016, 4:09 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by usud
MAN-FRA-JED

Will I have enough time in FRA? Transit time 1hr25min? Do I have to go through security?
Yes 1hr25min should be enough if the flight from MAN is not very late, but the answer to the second question depends. Arrivals from the UK should not need to clear security in FRA. However, depending on your arrival gate you may not be able to avoid transfer security. That's the short answer.

The long answer: Assuming you are connecting from LH949 to LH598, LH598 usually leaves from a B gate while morning flights from MAN usually arrive at a bus gate which feeds passengers into secure area of A/Z. This is convenient for passengers connecting to the US from Z gates or European destinations from A gates but no so convenient for passengers connecting to flights departing from B.

It might be possible to go up to Z departure level, take the Skyline train to B/C and avoid both transfer security and passport control. Although I've flown MAN-FRA numerous times I have never arrived at a gate (AEUW) where passengers on morning flights from the UK arrive since this is relatively new and I try to avoid early morning flights!

I suggest you follow the signs for B gates when you enter the terminal and if possible ask an airport employee for directions.

Another way to avoid transfer security I can think of is to go through passport control into A Schengen, go down the lift between gates A15 and A17, walk through the tunnel, go up the lift at the end of the tunnel and through passport control into B non-Schengen departures. Only recommended if you have a biometric EU passport.

Last edited by NewbieRunner; Feb 16, 2016 at 6:05 pm
Old Feb 20, 2016, 8:24 am

F-day.. Limo service to connecting flight in J?

A question about First...

If i arrive at FRA from SFO in F an continue in J for MUC and OSL same day, could i then still be transported by car to/from the plane in MUC if nongate? I have a valid F for the day but im wondering if the carservice is availible to conneting flights in J like mentioned?

Rgards
Old Feb 20, 2016, 4:47 pm

Programs: ba gold
If booking two tickets for myself on the same flight do I earn 2x miles or only 1x
Old Feb 20, 2016, 8:11 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
No 2x, instead they will contact you why you have two bookings and ask you to cancel one of them. If you need an extra seat beside you its possible to book an EXST add on.
Old Feb 21, 2016, 4:12 am

Programs: ba gold
Originally Posted by oliver2002
No 2x, instead they will contact you why you have two bookings and ask you to cancel one of them. If you need an extra seat beside you its possible to book an EXST add on.
thanks for the answer what about if i book 2 tickets on united which allows buying 2 tickets for the same person on the same flight will i be able to get miles for both from M&M
Old Feb 21, 2016, 4:13 pm

Programs: SQ G, LH FTL, UA S, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC
Not unless you cause a time paradox where once we invent the time machine, you travel back to 2016, so you can exist twice at the same time to take that flight with yourself from the past.

Oliver already answered it. You can't buy two tickets for the same person even on United, you can buy an extra seat (EXST).
Old Feb 21, 2016, 7:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Does SN treat X tickets as Flex&Fast, and thus provide one free checked bag?
Old Feb 22, 2016, 1:58 pm

where should I sit on a LH 747 FRA - JFK in J. I've never flown in J on a 747 before and am excited by the thought of upper deck. Is an early evening flight and I prob won't be sleeping. I'm 6' + .

thx
Old Feb 23, 2016, 6:14 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Dia, AClub Plat, Hyatt Dia, FB Gold, LH SEN, TK *G
Hi Guys,

I'm travelling LUX-NYC through either MUC or FRA in April and now have one potential opportunity to use an eUpgrade certificate as there's availability for a F seat.
How likely is it that closer to departure, I'll get it on another flight?
The flight it's available on is too late for me and I'd like one of the earlier flights, landing in NYC around 3PM local time instead of 6-7 PM.

Many thanks in advance!

P.S: I'm LH SEN
Old Feb 23, 2016, 1:58 pm

Programs: SQ G, LH FTL, UA S, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by SeamasterLux
Hi Guys,

I'm travelling LUX-NYC through either MUC or FRA in April and now have one potential opportunity to use an eUpgrade certificate as there's availability for a F seat.
How likely is it that closer to departure, I'll get it on another flight?
The flight it's available on is too late for me and I'd like one of the earlier flights, landing in NYC around 3PM local time instead of 6-7 PM.

Many thanks in advance!

Did you call them? Usually even if there's no upgrade availability, they can request a whitelist for Senators and it clears in a minute or two. Give them a call, worked every time for me.
Old Feb 23, 2016, 2:59 pm

I want to do an upgrade (intra European) for a 3rd person, booked in full fare Y:

If I select my SEN account (both enough miles and evouchers available) it will tell me I can choose if I want to use either miles or evouchers to do the upgrade.

If I select another account (M&M Blue) with enough miles available, it will tell me that the flight isn't available.

I know that SEN should have some higher availability in SOME cases for themselves over a regular member, but basically on a regular European flight not allowing M&M Blue to upgrade while a SEN can (for another passenger!) seems outright weird..
Old Feb 24, 2016, 4:38 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Use the *A upgrade tool on M&M, it will allow you to waitlist the upgrade if there is no straight forward availability.
Old Feb 24, 2016, 4:56 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by SeamasterLux
You may like to update your profile.

Programs: HH Gold, AClub Plat,
IHG RA, Hyatt Diamond, LHW
LC, FB Plat, LH FTL, TK *G
Old Feb 24, 2016, 5:01 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Dia, AClub Plat, Hyatt Dia, FB Gold, LH SEN, TK *G
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
You may like to update your profile.

Programs: HH Gold, AClub Plat,
IHG RA, Hyatt Diamond, LHW
LC, FB Plat, LH FTL, TK *G
Totally right, quite a few updates were necessary!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.