[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Lufthansa Group Questions Here [2016-]

Old Jan 3, 18, 8:14 pm

Programs: ST E+, *G, some hotel gold...
Originally Posted by Primenumber View Post
Sorry for the overlap - had started my reply and then got distracted for a while... Hope my post still adds value...
Overlap doesn't say anything about it being possibly due to Dolomiti, so value added indeed.
Old Jan 4, 18, 10:54 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz, and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)
Original Poster
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: LH SEN** HH Gold
Originally Posted by Primenumber View Post
- No, Jet Airways doesn't seem to have any association with M&M
It used to be possible to book an award with M&M miles on Jet Airways but they are no longer listed as a partner airline.
raffa likes this.
Old Jan 6, 18, 6:40 pm

i have been looking for an answer for past two hours but havent find anything.

I booked a flight to LAX from FRA on 2nd of February. I want to fly with Upper deck (a380) but it isnot available on the flight or the return one either.

I managed to found out that ALL JANUARY flights have upper deck seats available to reserve them. but the others in february, march etc. are blocked as OCCUPIED.

does anyone know why? when do you think i can reserve them? will it be on the 1st of February or like 2 weeks before? o.O i am lost. .. 31st january flight is available in upper deck, but the 1st of february is not o.O

Thanks for info!
Old Jan 7, 18, 10:38 am

Programs: ST E+, *G, some hotel gold...
These go out... At some time. I haven't been able to find a theme. Keep checking from time to time
fridgy likes this.
Old Jan 7, 18, 4:10 pm

Programs: AS MVP,SPG GOLD,UA,AA,Kirs, IHG Plat
LOT Award Fare code

I want to set up a alert in Expert flyer but I can't find the code for PE award -
Old Jan 8, 18, 4:14 am

Programs: BA Bronze, DL, LH, QF, UA, IHG Gold, Sixt Plat,
Hi,

I booked TXL > EWR > CMH and MSY > IAH > FRA > TXL through UA directly. I have selected my seats and upgraded to Premium Eco on the applicable UA legs.

IAH > FRA > TXL is operated by LH. When looking up my reservation on LH's website, I am unable to upgrade and/or select seats as it tells me it must be done during checkin.

What is the best method (if any at all) to get myself put into Premium Eco on the IAH > FRA segment?

I called a few days ago was on hold for 45 minutes and gave up.

Thanks!
Old Jan 9, 18, 1:28 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz, and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)
Original Poster
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: LH SEN** HH Gold
Originally Posted by tsolaaa View Post
Hi,

I booked TXL > EWR > CMH and MSY > IAH > FRA > TXL through UA directly. I have selected my seats and upgraded to Premium Eco on the applicable UA legs.

IAH > FRA > TXL is operated by LH. When looking up my reservation on LH's website, I am unable to upgrade and/or select seats as it tells me it must be done during checkin.

What is the best method (if any at all) to get myself put into Premium Eco on the IAH > FRA segment?

I called a few days ago was on hold for 45 minutes and gave up.

Thanks!
LH Premium Economy is a separate booking class from Economy and you cannot upgrade without payment. If it's a codeshare flight you cannot upgrade in advance via Plusgrade described in this thread: MyOffer Plusgrade [bidding for paid upgrade to PE and C]. You will have to wait until checkin/gate/onboard.
Old Jan 10, 18, 12:28 pm

Originally Posted by fridgy View Post
I want to fly with Upper deck (a380) but it isnot available on the flight or the return one either...... (original post few posts upper)
There are three types of seat reservation. - Standard - for 245 SEK, More Legroom - for 640 SEK (or something like that) and PREFFERED SEAT for the same price as the standard - 245 SEK (preffered means upper deck)

My question is, If I buy standard seat now for 245 sek and then i would like to change my seat to the upper deck when they open it, will i have to pay again or its the same price so the same seat change? o.O
I know that if I bought a seat in standard and change for standard then its the same and i can change it for free.

Thank you!
Old Jan 12, 18, 7:49 pm

Hi, I'm looking to book EWR-FRA-FCO and FCO-MUN-EWR for July for 3. I just want to fact-check a couple things here before booking.

These tickets would be economy. I am a United MileagePlus member (no status) and hold the credit card.

Booking directly with Lufthansa is far cheaper than booking the same flights as codeshare through United's website. I read this is because United also flies that route, so the only way to get the cheap price is with Lufthansa?

The website is giving me K class, and the restrictions only seem to be not earning UA miles, and no lounge access. Since it's long-haul, I don't have to worry about light/classic/flex? If not, then what rules apply for refunds and baggage policy? And first checked bag is free?

My United card gives Group 2 priority boarding, but I assume booking direct with LH means I can't use this, or the UA app to manage thigns? Since I'm booking direct, do none of the codeshare rules apply?

And finally, can you split payment and use multiple credit cards to purchase online?
Old Jan 12, 18, 10:22 pm

Programs: UA 1K, DL, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by jerseykeebs View Post
Booking directly with Lufthansa is far cheaper than booking the same flights as codeshare through United's website. I read this is because United also flies that route, so the only way to get the cheap price is with Lufthansa?
It's quite a bit more complicated than that. Generally speaking, the inventory made available on codeshare flights tends to be tighter than on the native flight, because LH would rather save the last seats for its own customers. This is not a hard and fast rule, but it's about as close as you can get for an explanation besides "codeshare and native inventories are different".

The website is giving me K class, and the restrictions only seem to be not earning UA miles, and no lounge access. Since it's long-haul, I don't have to worry about light/classic/flex? If not, then what rules apply for refunds and baggage policy? And first checked bag is free?
Correct. You earn absolutely nothing in UA credit for an LH flight in K class, and you would never have lounge access on an Economy ticket with no status (?). If the "card" is the United Club Card, then you still have access to Star Alliance lounges worldwide; otherwise none. The cancellation policy is based on the fare rules; typically non-refundable with a $300 change fee. The free baggage allowance is 1x23kg per person.

My United card gives Group 2 priority boarding, but I assume booking direct with LH means I can't use this, or the UA app to manage thigns? Since I'm booking direct, do none of the codeshare rules apply?
Since you are flying on Lufthansa, none of the United benefits (extra checked bag, Group 2 boarding) apply.
Old Jan 13, 18, 6:48 am

Thank you @findark for answering / confirming all of that for me! Most of the restrictions are no big deal - earning miles, lounge access (I have the MPE, so only have day passes to United Club, and Newark is not allowing them for the summer anyway....). I just wanted to make sure I wasn't inadvertently putting me and my group of friends in Basic Economy.

So something I noticed: I used Google flights to find the flight times that I wanted, but I can't pull it up from scratch on LH.com. It would be LH 403, 236 there and 1849, 412 back. July 5-15. It only offers flights with short layovers, whereas I want a long layover of 8 hrs. I can't select that routing, or anything cheaper than Discount fare buckets, or even see more than 8 options. BUT if I search it on Google flights, then select Google's link to purchase directly from LH.com, everything shows up properly. Is Google the only way to access the deep discount / bulk fares? I mean, as long as it still counts as a legit Econ booking with LH then I don't think it even matters (?), but it seemed weird.
Old Jan 13, 18, 6:53 am

Programs: LH SEN, IHG Gold, HH Silver
try a multi-city booking, you can pinpick flights there - the resulting price should be almost the same
Old Jan 13, 18, 1:24 pm

Programs: UA 1K, DL, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
So something I noticed: I used Google flights to find the flight times that I wanted, but I can't pull it up from scratch on LH.com. It would be LH 403, 236 there and 1849, 412 back. July 5-15. It only offers flights with short layovers, whereas I want a long layover of 8 hrs. I can't select that routing, or anything cheaper than Discount fare buckets, or even see more than 8 options. BUT if I search it on Google flights, then select Google's link to purchase directly from LH.com, everything shows up properly. Is Google the only way to access the deep discount / bulk fares? I mean, as long as it still counts as a legit Econ booking with LH then I don't think it even matters (?), but it seemed weird.
I'm not familiar with booking tickets on Lufthansa's website, but in general the search function for longer itineraries can be somewhat poor. The Google Flights links are always "legitimate" - they will show you only published fares, not bulk fares, and are identical to having searched for that "normally". The only difference is that Google Flights is a little better at finding things.
Old Jan 13, 18, 1:50 pm

Originally Posted by PAX_fips View Post
try a multi-city booking, you can pinpick flights there - the resulting price should be almost the same
Good call, that got the right flights #s to show up, and the price was the same! Although I initially accidentally chose their option for flex tickets, and my $600 fares showed up as $8,000!

For checked luggage purposes, will these piece together as 4 one-ways, or will the bags get checked through to Rome (and home to EWR) as final destination? Would we have to check in to each segment individually?
Old Jan 13, 18, 2:15 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, External Miles & Points Resources
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: LH SEN
It will be one reservation, no worries. One checkin process only for out- and inbound.

Search this Thread