Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Lufthansa Group Questions Here [2016-]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2017, 12:16 pm

Originally Posted by tarkaboy
I am new to this forum. Can I use miles to pay for YQ traxes on a Miles & More "Mileage Bargain" Business class award from JFK-FRA-MXP return?
15k miles for taxes is only possible for intra-Europe awards.
Old Nov 26, 2017, 12:47 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, Jiffypark Manhattan Gold
Originally Posted by drvannostren
If anyone is in the B pier senator lounge tonight, Nov 26, I might be seeing things, but is there a Star Alliance livery 777 from someone with a spare engine attached? There's a star 777 right in front of the lounge, that's ANA, but across the way a little bit I swear I'm seeing a 777 with the extra engine, just curious about who's it is, where it's going...all that nerd stuff
Scratch that! It got towed and I got a better look, it was a South African 340 in the star livery. For some reason the engines looked bigger, 777ish, rather than the smaller 340/330 ones I'm used to.

Sorry!
Old Nov 26, 2017, 4:05 pm

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by drvannostren
Scratch that! It got towed and I got a better look, it was a South African 340 in the star livery. For some reason the engines looked bigger, 777ish, rather than the smaller 340/330 ones I'm used to.

Sorry!
It's an A346, with bigger engines than the A343s. But not nearly as big as GE90s.
Old Nov 26, 2017, 5:30 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, Jiffypark Manhattan Gold
Originally Posted by worldclubber
It's an A346, with bigger engines than the A343s. But not nearly as big as GE90s.
Sometimes working around these aircrafts all the time is a detriment! Makes your eyes play games on ya. At YVR we only get 340s maybe 6-10 times a year, LH sends one once or twice a season from MUC just for fun (I'm assuming based on demand, or maybe it's just cuz a 330 breaks) and then the French airforce transiting through YVR from Tahiti so it was a rare sight for me.
Old Nov 27, 2017, 5:27 pm

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by yurtripper
Based in WAW - hopefully that's not seen as too exotic!
Maybe not too exotic, but it would mean you'd have a LOT M&M as opposed to a LH M&M, so it might be handled differently(?)
Old Nov 28, 2017, 2:22 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, IHG Platinum Ambassador, Club Carlson Gold
I’m connecting through FRA on LH for the first time next week. My first segment to FRA is in business class, then second in Economy. Will my first segment permit me access to the LH business class lounge in FRA?
Old Nov 28, 2017, 2:38 am

Originally Posted by yurtripper
Do they still send out actual cards for FTL, SEN, etc.? I hit FTL a few weeks ago and haven't received anything despite having a new card number. I'm wondering how long it might take to get the card mailed (assuming they still ship them).

Usually I don't care about physical cards for loyalty schemes but the reason why I ask is that it might be necessary for status matching (e.g. you have to send a pic of the actual card). I'm thinking about OW airlines like AY, where they offer to match LH/LO status.
I got my LOT branded card through the letter box after just over a month (data point: AF/KL & SAS are normally much quicker than that, my Mrs got her SK*G card 3 days after I signed her up through the Give Away scheme), but I live in a very exotic district of Warsaw so you may have a different experience

G
Old Nov 28, 2017, 2:39 am

Originally Posted by rembrandtuk
I’m connecting through FRA on LH for the first time next week. My first segment to FRA is in business class, then second in Economy. Will my first segment permit me access to the LH business class lounge in FRA?
No, but you can access the welcome lounge if you arrive in the morning. This of course requires you entering Germany (so check whether you need a visa) and clearing security on your way back to your second flight (so you will need some time).
rembrandtuk likes this.
Old Nov 28, 2017, 4:57 am

Programs: EBG
Hi all,
Long time reader, but my first post here.
I will soon be flying OSL-FRA (LH) and FRA-SIN (SQ) with my family (2 adults, 2 kids aged 3 and 5 yrs.) in economy. I hold a Eurobonus Gold (Star Alliance Gold) card, which gives me and one guest access to Senator/Business lounges at FRA.

However, as we have more than 3 hours to kill, I am looking for a way to get the whole family into the Lufthansa Business Lounge B (Non Schengen) at B44-B48 as this has the jet friends kids lounge.
So my question is, how can I get the wife and two kids into this lounge holding *G card and SQ boarding pass in Economy. Can I buy access for the kids?

Thanks for your knowledge.
Old Nov 28, 2017, 6:14 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
LH allows you to take along infants below two as immediate family:
Lounge access with infant
Lounge access for "immediate family" in * lounges
As *G you are technically only allowed one guest. The third party agent guarding the entrance of the B44 lounge will offer you to pay 29€ for an additional guest. You could also go to the B SEN lounge as *G... they have a small kids area too.
Old Nov 28, 2017, 6:25 am

Programs: EBG
Originally Posted by oliver2002
LH allows you to take along infants below two as immediate family:
As *G you are technically only allowed one guest. The third party agent guarding the entrance of the B44 lounge will offer you to pay 29€ for an additional guest. You could also go to the B SEN lounge as *G... they have a small kids area too.
Thanks. Which one would you recommend if you were bringing kids, Business B lounge or Senator B lounge? My only experience with LH lounges is the Senator Lounge at MUC which was nice, but that was traveling solo, as I most often do.
Old Nov 28, 2017, 8:28 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Ask nicely at the SEN lounge, if rejected go to the C lounge. Or just try at the lounge that is closest to your gate.
Old Nov 28, 2017, 4:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
My Miles & More credit card has been blocked for some unknown reason. I tried to re activate it online but it didn't work. I wonder what is going on there. I found out when I logged in to download the latest Rechnung.

Interestingly, my Deutsche Bahn credit card is also blocked and I have no access to my bahn bonus account. Anyone aware of anything untoward going on?
Old Nov 28, 2017, 10:00 pm

Originally Posted by muji
I was just now approved for the Lufthansa credit card, for which I will receive "Two complimentary Lufthansa Business Lounge Vouchers".

The only places where I might want to use a lounge would be at Seatac (where there is a contracted lounge,"The Club at SEA") or at Narita (where there is the ANA "partner lounge").

Would anyone know if my Lufthansa Business Lounge Vouchers could be used at these contacted/partner lounges?
​​​​​​Checking back to see if anyone may have information on this.

Last edited by muji; Nov 28, 2017 at 10:02 pm Reason: Checking back to see if anyone may have information on this.
Old Nov 28, 2017, 11:28 pm
Suspended

Programs: M&S, Radisson
Originally Posted by muji
​​​​​​Checking back to see if anyone may have information on this.
Nope, LH business lounges only, no partner or contracted lounges.

LH has a few lounges in the US. Remember you only need a *A ticket and the voucher to access these (the ticket can be domestic and need not be on LH).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.