Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Longhaul cash upgrades to LH E/C/F [upto 6 weeks in advance]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2021, 12:07 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
30% off promo on fixed upgrades:

Upgrade on Austrian Airlines and Lufthansa flights is now 30% cheaper! We are pleased to inform you that Austrian Airlines and Lufthansa are offering your customers the opportunity to upgrade and take advantage of the many benefits of Premium Economy, Business or First Class. Until April 30, 2021 only: Save up to 30% by upgrading at a fixed price on flights in any direction (with booking classes N, P, Z and A)! Fixed-price upgrades for Austrian Airlines and Lufthansa flights are available to users of the Lufthansa Group's SPRK reservation system and platforms with an integrated Direct NDC API of the Lufthansa Group, on which the corresponding function has been developed. Payment for this service is made by issuing an EMD-A document.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf
file_149894.pdf (144.5 KB, 123 views)
Old Apr 9, 2021, 12:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Interesting to see how the "up to" will determine actual discounts, iow "30% or less" .....
Old Apr 23, 2021, 1:19 pm

Cash Upgrade Longhaul

Has Lufthansa lowered its business upgrade minimums? I saw under 400 EUR for the first time NYC-MUC.
Old Apr 23, 2021, 1:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by Seanish
Has Lufthansa lowered its business upgrade minimums? I saw under 400 EUR for the first time NYC-MUC.
In normal days, "P" class availability wasn't easy to be found but now, as the US Presidential Proclamation is not allowing most non-US citizens/residents to fly from Germany to the USA; the loads are quite low, thus the bid-upgrade and instant upgrade rates are low.

If your flight doesn't have "P" flight availability, you would have seen higher rates that map to a higher fare bucket which would be closer to what you have seen pre-COVID.
Old Apr 24, 2021, 12:22 am

Thanks, that makes a lot of sense. Strange that I've only seen it in my most distant reservation. I'm flying with LH in August and I think I saw 589 EUR right at booking but now I don't even an option.
Old Apr 24, 2021, 7:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by Seanish
Thanks, that makes a lot of sense. Strange that I've only seen it in my most distant reservation. I'm flying with LH in August and I think I saw 589 EUR right at booking but now I don't even an option.
Bid-upgrades generally open 60 days before the flight,
Not sure about confirmed upgrades.

Probably the €589 that you seen was the one-way fare difference between the Y bucket you purchased and the cheapest J bucket available at that time.
Old Apr 24, 2021, 6:33 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Platinum, AA EXP, UA Gold
355€ FRA-IAH on today’s flight.
Old May 2, 2021, 1:46 pm

Originally Posted by WalruSara
I just booked a ticket with this leg in about 3 weeks, and a price like this would be great.
Old May 3, 2021, 1:11 am

Originally Posted by WalruSara
from eco to biz? and to PE pls?
Old May 3, 2021, 1:14 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

There is a 30% off promo running this spring. See above.
Old May 19, 2021, 4:20 pm

Programs: UA 1k, AA EXPLT, NZ GE, VA PLT Hyatt Diam, Marr Plat, HH Diam
Anyone know the typical Y to PE and C, and for PE to C, cash upgrade prices typical for FRA-DXB?
Old May 20, 2021, 3:05 pm

Cash Upgrade Disappearing

I was rebooked this afternoon for a flight departing tomorrow and when I logged in afterwards I had a decent cash upgrade option (basically the same as opening bid) for my return flight next year. Tonight I decided to go for it and now I don't have the option. I have an upgrade button but instead of going forward I get "Sorry, you are not able to upgrade your flight, as you do not have enough miles / eVouchers or your booking class is not eligible for upgrade." near the top of the reservation. Anyone experienced this before? Am I out of luck or could it reappear?
Old May 21, 2021, 1:22 am
Original Poster

The fixed price upgrade option usually appears 6 weeks before departure.
Old Jun 5, 2021, 9:41 am

Programs: UA Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold

Nice J offer (cheap $450 ticket booked 10 days out), would have taken it if I didn't have to change my booking to another date. (J seatmap shows ~65% full)
Old Jun 5, 2021, 1:03 pm

Programs: A3 *G, LX *G, AF *S
Originally Posted by Mict

Nice J offer (cheap $450 ticket booked 10 days out), would have taken it if I didn't have to change my booking to another date. (J seatmap shows ~65% full)
What a weird pricing - business class upgrade 50% cheaper than PE upgrade...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.