Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Longhaul cash upgrades to LH E/C/F [upto 6 weeks in advance]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2016, 8:46 pm

Programs: LH_SEN
Did anyone succeed in upgrading from Y to E by fixed cash payment by clicking on "Upgrade" under My Bookings? I am always booked in H class and **never ever** have I seen any offers to upgrade to Premium Economy under "Upgrade" on lufthansa.com, except $115 offers for upgrades to C on short-haul segments.
I did however succeed upgrading with myOffer. Any thoughts/ideas/experiences?
Old Feb 10, 2016, 12:11 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
Are you booked on one of the trial routes mentioned in the title? If not, the 'upgrade' button won't even appear.
Old Feb 10, 2016, 1:40 pm

Programs: LH_SEN
agh! I thought those were just sample routes! I am always booked to/from BOS. Well, myOffer it is!
Old Feb 10, 2016, 3:48 pm

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Are you booked on one of the trial routes mentioned in the title? If not, the 'upgrade' button won't even appear.
I got it to/from BOM, once. (corrected original post)

Further, even the FRA-Inland Denmark (direct flight, not via CPH - on LH metal) sector was upgradable with cash.

Last edited by SuperFlyBoy; Feb 10, 2016 at 3:49 pm Reason: Corrected original post
Old Feb 11, 2016, 8:28 am

Programs: LX HON Circle
So if you are booked in a B or Y fare and cash-upgrade you get less miles if you end up in P???
Old Feb 11, 2016, 9:09 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by f4freeJunior
So if you are booked in a B or Y fare and cash-upgrade you get less miles if you end up in P???
Time for a Wiki here as well?

As I am only flying LH sporadically, but apparently more frequently now, due to having to go India-Europe (normally would just fly UA direct), am confused about the various options and how we can optimize these upgrades...

Originally Posted by pdjurano
Did anyone succeed in upgrading from Y to E by fixed cash payment by clicking on "Upgrade" under My Bookings? I am always booked in H class and **never ever** have I seen any offers to upgrade to Premium Economy under "Upgrade" on lufthansa.com, except $115 offers for upgrades to C on short-haul segments.
I did however succeed upgrading with myOffer. Any thoughts/ideas/experiences?
We were given *both* C and PE upgrade for cash options.

Would have saved a screenshot if I knew it was so rare!
Old Feb 11, 2016, 10:54 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Plusgrade bidding is open for PE and C nowadays. Y/B doesn't upgrade into P.
Old Feb 11, 2016, 11:26 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Plusgrade bidding is open for PE and C nowadays. Y/B doesn't upgrade into P.
I was distinctly able to "upgrade" my reservation on LH.com, even while a I-class upgrade was pending - by using cash for BOM-FRA and then FRA-Inland Denmark.

This was shown in the record itself. (Well, LH has many versions of their "records", so I cannot recall exactly which)

I did not go to another site to "bid" for it - there was a specified amount in cash shown for each sector. BOM-FRA, FRA-DK.

Edited to Add: This was an economy booking, btw - can't remember if it was in Q or S....

I booked 1 ticket in S, then canceled. (POS DEL, from website - as apparently India now has no LH ticket office! )

Then, rebooked from the US FTL line manually, POS USA - to get Q-class, as the LH India website was selling H-class only.
Old Jul 19, 2016, 5:09 pm

Programs: UA Lifetime Plat; 2 MM; Amex Rewards; Hyatt Plat; Marriott Plat.
Upgrade LH flight FRA-LAX

My wife and I are booked in P class for this flight in August. Is there any way we could upgrade to F? We would consider UA miles and/or cash. We could also transfer miles from AMEX to MM. Thanks
Old Jul 19, 2016, 5:28 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by CalRef
My wife and I are booked in P class for this flight in August. Is there any way we could upgrade to F? We would consider UA miles and/or cash. We could also transfer miles from AMEX to MM. Thanks
Unfortunately LH business booking classes P and Z cannot be upgraded.

See Section 4.3.1 of http://www.lufthansa.com/online/port...=en&cid=999997
Old Jul 20, 2016, 5:23 am
Original Poster

They had a trial of cash buyups on select routes, MUC-LAX vv was one of them:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufth...z-pvg-del.html
Old Jul 20, 2016, 5:43 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Interesting. The offer seems to be still on with more destinations.

https://www.lufthansa.com/de/en/Upgrade-First-Class

However, if you scroll down to the bottom of the page P (and I) seem to be excluded.
Old Jul 20, 2016, 7:06 am

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Interesting. The offer seems to be still on with more destinations.

https://www.lufthansa.com/de/en/Upgrade-First-Class

However, if you scroll down to the bottom of the page P (and I) seem to be excluded.
Yes. They have significantly expanded the list of destinations since the last time I checked this and have also excluded P.

For future comparison purposes, I've pasted the text below.

Price range/route From Business Class to First Class
Frankfurt – Dubai EUR 1,299
USD 1,460
Frankfurt – Dallas
Frankfurt – Delhi
Frankfurt – Orlando
Frankfurt – Toronto
Munich – Boston
Munich – Chicago
Munich – Delhi
Munich – New York (JFK)
Munich – New York (Newark)
Munich – Washington
Dusseldorf – New York (Newark) EUR 1,399
USD 1,570
Frankfurt – Bogota
Frankfurt – Nanjing
Frankfurt – Quingdao
Frankfurt – Shanghai
Frankfurt – Tokyo
Munich – Los Angeles
Munich – Mexico City
Munich – Beijing
Munich – Sao Paulo
Munich – Seoul EUR 1,499
USD 1,680

Children aged from two to 11 years will receive a price reduction of 25%. Infants aged up to two years are upgraded free of charge with the adult accompanying them in the new travel class.

What conditions apply to upgrades?

Availability in First Class
Confirmed reservations (no waiting-list bookings)
An already issued ticket
Flights that are operated by Lufthansa (LH flight number)
Upgrades via LH.com are only possible for all the passengers in a booking. If you wish to purchase your upgrade for only some of the passengers in a booking, please contact a Lufthansa Service Centre.

Possible upgrade Original booking class Upgrade booking class
From Business Class to First Class All except I and P A

Upgrades are not possible in the following cases:

For flights for which you have already checked in
For journeys for which paid-for add-on services have already been booked but no payment has yet been received and the corresponding service documents have not been issued
For journeys for which additional services have already been booked which exclude an upgrade, for example, if you are taking your pet with you into the cabin.
Old Mar 9, 2017, 2:15 am

Programs: LX SEN
Originally Posted by NYC1
From Business Class to First Class All except I and P A

LX has a similar non advertised practice as well as pricing, and LX does not exclude P. But upgrade can only be made a few days before flight.
Old Mar 16, 2017, 4:30 am
Original Poster

After I thought that this scheme had been tried and abandoned I just noticed that it is being offered to me for an upcoming E booking to IAD. 649€ offered for E to Z confirmed on the spot on LH.de. Plusgrade wants a minimum of 525 to max 1000€ as a bid.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.