Longhaul cash upgrades to LH E/C/F [upto 6 weeks in advance]

Old Jul 8, 2022, 12:31 pm

Originally Posted by AppleTwapple
These would be LH flight and not a code share, correct?
Yup, those are booking into the LH prime flight number - usually the case for redemption bookings
Old Jul 8, 2022, 3:45 pm

Cheers! we're good to go now.
Old Jul 11, 2022, 5:48 am

LH rookie here - i've booked a LH flight in biz using UA miles. LH 401 JFK-FRA. EF shows 3 open F seats (so does google flights). I just checked the LH cash upgrade website and saw a message "There are no more ancillaries available"

Would there be a cash upgrade option available for me during checkinto upgrade from biz to First?

Or am I SOL? thanks!
Old Jul 11, 2022, 8:36 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
You have to bid using 'myoffer': https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/luft...de-pe-c-f.html
Old Aug 3, 2022, 8:28 am

Fixed Price Upgrade Help

Originally Posted by Yony
Click on 'More Info and Actions' when you're looking at your booking. 'Upgrade' is there.
Where is it on the iOS app? I don't see a more info and actions when I pull up the booking reference? Can you do this as guest? I am using LH ticket booked via LifeMiles. It allows bid to upgrade but I don't see fixed price anywhere.
Old Aug 16, 2022, 4:53 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

FRA-JFK booked in E gets an offer for 372 (probably in P) That leg cost about 1000 in PE.

Old Aug 16, 2022, 6:44 am

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
That's a steal. All my long hauls ask CHF 2,100 for fixed price upgrades C to F (approximately 2,100 $ these days). It used to be 1,600 BC (before Covid).
Old Aug 16, 2022, 8:30 am

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), TSA Pre/NEXUS, Hilton Gold, Amex AP Reserve
Hey all,

Long time lurker/1st time poster. I typically fly AC, but had to get on LH for this trip. I ended up booking in light economy because everything was extremely expensive.

I have an option to upgrade from Economy Light to Business from YYZ to FRA for $1,080 CAD. Its a red eye on 747-400. I'm not too familiar with the LH product so I wanted to get some feedback on whether this is a good price or not.

Edit: Just to add, I'm hoping to upgrade my mother as well. How would I check if there are two biz class seats together? Is there a site where I can check available seats?
Edit #2: The flight is on Sept 1st.
Edit #3: Finally figured out to get to plusgrade bidding - Minimum is $560 USD / $720 CAD

Last edited by JayTakesOff; Aug 16, 2022 at 1:22 pm
Old Aug 16, 2022, 4:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by JayTakesOff
Hey all,

Long time lurker/1st time poster. I typically fly AC, but had to get on LH for this trip. I ended up booking in light economy because everything was extremely expensive.

I have an option to upgrade from Economy Light to Business from YYZ to FRA for $1,080 CAD. Its a red eye on 747-400. I'm not too familiar with the LH product so I wanted to get some feedback on whether this is a good price or not.

Edit: Just to add, I'm hoping to upgrade my mother as well. How would I check if there are two biz class seats together? Is there a site where I can check available seats?
Edit #2: The flight is on Sept 1st.
Edit #3: Finally figured out to get to plusgrade bidding - Minimum is $560 USD / $720 CAD
1080 CAD is dirt cheap. Go for it. Flight is pretty full. 81 H/K shows available (interestingly) ... these are good seats on the UD
Old Aug 18, 2022, 8:30 am

Originally Posted by cfischer
1080 CAD is dirt cheap. Go for it. Flight is pretty full. 81 H/K shows available (interestingly) ... these are good seats on the UD
Thanks for the feedback. Ended up snagging some seats. Look forward to flying the 747-400 for the first time!
Old Aug 19, 2022, 1:22 pm

Hi all, I'm trying to upgrade a PE seat to business for a SFO-FRA flight that's in 5 days. It's offering a fixed rate and when I go through the process online, in the end i get an error: The current booking situation required a recalculation of upgrade availabilities. Unfortunately, we can no longer offer you an upgrade for a fixed price. We kindly ask for your understanding. You may try to request an upgrade at a later point in time again. (119308)

I read a few posts having a similar problem.

My question is, can I call the HON line to upgrade? I'm not a member but the last time I tried to reach Lufthansa through the regular line, I ended up hanging up after more than an hour wait.
Old Aug 19, 2022, 1:41 pm

Originally Posted by sepandee
Hi all, I'm trying to upgrade a PE seat to business for a SFO-FRA flight that's in 5 days. It's offering a fixed rate and when I go through the process online, in the end i get an error: The current booking situation required a recalculation of upgrade availabilities. Unfortunately, we can no longer offer you an upgrade for a fixed price. We kindly ask for your understanding. You may try to request an upgrade at a later point in time again. (119308)

I read a few posts having a similar problem.

My question is, can I call the HON line to upgrade? I'm not a member but the last time I tried to reach Lufthansa through the regular line, I ended up hanging up after more than an hour wait.
I finally got through to them (didn't take that long, actually) and they told me an upgrade is not available for that flight. I tried to find out why but she didn't know or wouldn't tell me. So... bummer. No way around it?
Old Aug 30, 2022, 9:24 am

Do cash upgrades to business basic include 2 checked baggage allowance?

I upgraded both my mother and myself to business basic for our trip from YYZ to FRA.
I upgraded from Economy Light, and my mom from Economy basic.

I see the below when I look up my fare. However, my Business (P) is confirmed.

"You have booked a Light fare. This fare has no free baggage allowance and you may only take one item of carry-on baggage (max. 8 kg). You can book one piece of checked baggage (max. 23 kg) online as an extra for a corresponding fee, provided that the flights are operated by Lufthansa, Austrian Airlines, SWISS or Brussels Airlines. For flights with our partner airlines, you can only pay for checked baggage at the airport."

For my mother, it allows one checked baggage, and a payment option for the 2nd. Im assuming this is because she was originally booked in Economy Basic Plus
Old Aug 30, 2022, 9:44 am
Original Poster

The baggage allowance doesn't change with the Upgrade.
JayTakesOff likes this.
Old Aug 30, 2022, 9:46 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
The baggage allowance doesn't change with the Upgrade.
Thanks for letting me know. I should have looked into that prior to upgrading.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.