Longhaul cash upgrades to LH E/C/F [upto 6 weeks in advance]

Old Feb 17, 2022, 1:40 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
No if the cash upgrade option shows, the amount is reduced by 30%.
Old Feb 22, 2022, 6:50 am

I see this message in my booking, but if I click add, I receive the following error:

Before you can continue, please check the following:

Unfortunately, we cannot offer you the cash upgrade option for this journey.

My flight is more than 6 weeks away. Is the call center likely to be able to offer me the upgrade at the proposed price? (Don't want to wait on a long hold for nothing).
Old Feb 23, 2022, 2:08 am

Programs: OS SEN, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by YYCCL3

I see this message in my booking, but if I click add, I receive the following error:

Before you can continue, please check the following:

Unfortunately, we cannot offer you the cash upgrade option for this journey.

My flight is more than 6 weeks away. Is the call center likely to be able to offer me the upgrade at the proposed price? (Don't want to wait on a long hold for nothing).
I had this issue recently. I called up their support center and they could not offer me the upgrade price because the price displayed online was wrong. In my case I had a flight from A -> B and B -> A. For A -> B it was $500, but B -> A it was $1000 (but was displaying $500 online for both).

Some weird website inconsistencies...so best solution is to probably ring the call center and hope they can help you further...but for me they were not able to give me the B -> A for $500, and only for $1000.
YYCCL3 likes this.
Old Feb 23, 2022, 10:00 am

Called and spoke to an agent who seemed somewhat clueless... who informed me that my booking is not eligible for upgrade because it's a UA (016) ticket and has UA flights on it (even though the LH flights are prime). Oh well... should probably try the upper deck on the 748 anyway
Old Feb 25, 2022, 12:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
I booked the inaugural STL-FRA service in June w/ UA miles and was offered the 'Get Upgraded' option this evening while checking my res on LH.com. Any thoughts on an amount which they might accept? It's a nine hour flight on the A330, while I am not trying to completely judge the flight from the seatmap, PEY and J both look empty.
Old Feb 25, 2022, 3:34 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

LH.com will offer you an uprgade for a fixed price now. If you can't see that, you have to click on the bid system called 'myoffer'. More about that here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/luft...de-pe-c-f.html

Usually a minimum bid will suffice, but considering its an inaugural service the business class may be fully booked and your chances of a bid with any amount is low.
Old Feb 27, 2022, 10:44 am

Location: my heart is on the shores of the north Italian lakes
Programs: LX Senator Lifetime, Relais&Chateaux Club5C, ex ! "Amanjunkie", ex LHW LC, hate chain hotels
Warning: wrong booking classes for status miles

From P to A back to D and as a bomus P to C - not a joke, but M&M version 2022

So after happily buying my 700 EUR upgrade from P to A and looking forward to 1A on the 747/800, a leg of my ticket was changed by LH which I accepted and after doing so, my upgrade disappeared

The friendly lady on the SEN hotline was helpful and reinstated the upgrade, but after checking the status miles received for that flight it was neiter P or A, but D. Go fogure out where the logic is .

And to make things even more erratic: A short feeder flight from an EU airport to FRA on the itinerary miraculously was credited C status miles for a P ticket .

As lifetime SEN I could'n bother less, but for younger FTalkers this could be a problem. We are talking about PAID upgrades.
Old Feb 28, 2022, 3:07 am
Original Poster

A simple request for ORC should fix that.
Old Feb 28, 2022, 5:08 am

Location: my heart is on the shores of the north Italian lakes
Programs: LX Senator Lifetime, Relais&Chateaux Club5C, ex ! "Amanjunkie", ex LHW LC, hate chain hotels
Originally Posted by oliver2002
A simple request for ORC should fix that.
Unfortunately not as I already had to ask the miles to be credited, as originally the whole itinerary was missing (despite the M&M number showing on the boarding passes) - You can not ask twice the credit for the same flight .
Old Feb 28, 2022, 7:24 am
Original Poster

You have every right to ask for the correct crediting if it was not done right the first time.
behuman likes this.
Old Mar 6, 2022, 5:56 pm

Does the cash upgrade system work on a return ticket with the outbound on LH and the inbound on LX, or vice versa? I would think/hope so, but this is LHG IT…
Old Mar 9, 2022, 2:25 am

is there any -30% fixed upgrade price also for March please? I can't find any info.
Old Mar 27, 2022, 9:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
What should I expect at the gate for an E --> J upgrade? I can't seem to get this to price on LH flight numbers and make the numbers work so I'm stuck on an 016 ticket with UA numbers
Old Mar 31, 2022, 9:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Duke787
What should I expect at the gate for an E --> J upgrade? I can't seem to get this to price on LH flight numbers and make the numbers work so I'm stuck on an 016 ticket with UA numbers
Ended up slightly changing my itinerary and in the process was able to get onto LH flight numbers. Offered $340 for E ---> J on the late afternoon MUC - IAD in May. Checked Plusgrade which started at $450 so went ahead and just grabbed the fixed offer. Corporate ticket so more than happy with $340 out of my own pocket to bump up to J
Old Apr 1, 2022, 2:33 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
That's a decent price, well done.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.