Longhaul cash upgrades to LH E/C/F [upto 6 weeks in advance]

Old Dec 7, 2021, 10:18 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
The system cannot handle double upgrades so you can't do a further upgrade using miles or chash or bids
Old Dec 7, 2021, 10:32 am

Programs: UA Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by oliver2002
The system cannot handle double upgrades so you can't do a further upgrade using miles or chash or bids
Thanks for the clarification. Will ask the price at the gate then (I don't need the extra points for F/A as it won't get me to a higher status by end of year anyway)
Old Dec 15, 2021, 5:37 am

just note during check-in of OS88 JFK-VIE 16.12. offered upgrade - from PE (N) -> BIZ 449€. declined (seems that last 3 biz seats are available to buy atm)
Old Dec 18, 2021, 1:46 pm

Programs: Qatar Plat OW*E, HH Diamond, Hyatt Exp, Marriott Titanium
Had a buy at checkin now offer to business (they had a seat on the upper deck!) for 3500brl which is like 500. Worth the money for a 12 hour GRU>FRA flight.
DoctorORD likes this.
Old Dec 19, 2021, 11:26 am

Programs: DL DM, 1.5 MM; AS MVP Gold 100K; HHonors Diamond; AMEX Platinum
Purchased a flight in P from IAD-FRA-CPT-FRA-IAD for July '22.

Was offered an upgrade from P to A for the FRA-IAD segment at a cost of $1,129, and jumped at the opportunity. I'm looking forward to 1A in the 747-8!
gojko88 likes this.
Old Dec 19, 2021, 12:53 pm

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
At one point (3-4 days before the flight) the website was offering me to upgrade from J to A for 550 on FRA-SFO, but since I had a very short connection at FRA and couldn't make time for the FCT, I decided not to take it. Guess I'm crazy The price went back up to 2000 a day after that.
Old Dec 28, 2021, 4:43 pm

Programs: SK, LH
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Fixed price upgrade offers found on LH.com today:

I think I better use my evouchers...
does this fixed offer change during the course of time before the flight?
i have this offer too - 900 euros each way from P to first class.
unfortunately at the time of booking it was only +300 euros for first class which i didnt notice in the hurry of booking. :-(
Old Dec 29, 2021, 6:32 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Nope it rather gets worse
bittihuduga likes this.
Old Dec 31, 2021, 1:43 am

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
On an business award flight using UA miles ORD-FRA and inquired about upgrade at Check-in for a data point. $1249 USD and obviously passed.
Old Jan 2, 2022, 10:12 am

Programs: LH FTL
I'm flying MUC to DXB in 3 weeks, originally booked a cheap(-ish) Economy Basic fare (K), now I'm offered an upgrade to Premium Economy for 149EUR, which I think is not a bad offer and I'm tempted to go for it. I know it can only be a guess, but would the experts around expect a better deal at check in or at the gate? Or would you think that it's not worth, given it's a rather short flight, although overnight?
Old Jan 2, 2022, 3:36 pm

Programs: UA Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by ex-koelner
I'm flying MUC to DXB in 3 weeks, originally booked a cheap(-ish) Economy Basic fare (K), now I'm offered an upgrade to Premium Economy for 149EUR, which I think is not a bad offer and I'm tempted to go for it. I know it can only be a guess, but would the experts around expect a better deal at check in or at the gate? Or would you think that it's not worth, given it's a rather short flight, although overnight?
I would not hesitate to take that, I don't think you would get much less.
Old Jan 2, 2022, 3:59 pm

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
Check-in/gate upgrades are rarely (if ever) cheaper than the offer you get through the website/app.
Old Jan 13, 2022, 8:21 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
I booked via UA a lengthy itn which includes FRA-DXB on 2/18 in PE (united reports class E but I dont know if that translates to something else on LH, I can't find it on the LH site).
Shortly after booking, I sent too the LH site to look at seats (apparently +40USD) and noticed an offer to upgrade to business for around 350USD. I was going to purchase it but I was running very late and had to leave. I also wanted to lookup the current status of the inflight dining quality. The lay flat seat isnt THAT important since its a daytime flight.

Anyways, I just checked now and it reports 1500USD. Though half an hour later it was only 1000USD. Now it's back to 1500USD.
Do you think the first number was in error? perhaps it wasn't finished ticketing? Or do the upgrade offers really change that often?

I'm tempted to cancel and rebook everything to try to get the offer again, but it was a long process of booking through a credit card port, then doing a change on UA.
Old Jan 14, 2022, 12:28 am

Programs: A3*G,BA Silver
The fixed price does change depending which class fare is available but I never seen PE to C for such a good price with Lufthansa.
Old Jan 14, 2022, 1:18 am
Original Poster

350 for DXB from E to Business sounds about right. It should reappear if P is available. Wait a while if you have the time.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.