Longhaul cash upgrades to LH E/C/F [upto 6 weeks in advance]

Old Nov 11, 2021, 9:23 pm

Programs: UA Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Mict
So I have offers on a SFO-FRA-SFO trip coming up (Eco K to Business) for $729 each way, I am trying to accept both but getting the following error message:
"The current booking situation required a recalculation of upgrade availabilities. Unfortunately, we can no longer offer you an upgrade for a fixed price. We kindly ask for your understanding. You may try to request an upgrade at a later point in time again. (119308)"

But if I close the page and go to the upgrade options, the offers are still there but the error message persists.
Any tips?
Update in case anyone runs into this issue: actual upgrade price on the phone was ~$1050, did not take it, cancelled the ticket and booked a J flight directly.
Old Nov 11, 2021, 11:15 pm

As a data point, was offered fixed price upgrade from Q to P in December for about 375 Euro pp MUC-CLT, which I booked for five of us. I was surprised that so close to the holidays that many seats would go for that price (which I think is not too bad?), and the seat map in Business was quite full. Anyway, had to call it in because I had other questions about the booking, so I'm not sure it would have worked strictly online.
Old Nov 12, 2021, 4:57 am

Originally Posted by Mict
Thanks, will give them a call tomorrow. BTW, what do you mean by x-y-z booking and 2 segments under one flight?
If the actual upgrade price jumps too much, I will just cancel the entire ticket. It was just cheaper to book eco and upgrade to J instead of booking the flights in J from the start.
yes exactly 2 segment for one way. They have some known issue - bug which causes this. I don't work for LH therefore don't want to explain more but really don't know why they haven't fix it yet.
Old Nov 17, 2021, 10:52 am

Programs: UA 1K
I'm seeing a cash upgrade offer to PE for $309 USD for DFW-FRA on a 016 issued ticket. J upgrade would be $1169 USD. How's the PE product on the A340 these days?
Old Nov 17, 2021, 1:36 pm

Programs: EK Gold, TK Elite, Marriott Rewards, Global Entry, MileagePlus
Originally Posted by yogibearla
I'm seeing a cash upgrade offer to PE for $309 USD for DFW-FRA on a 016 issued ticket. J upgrade would be $1169 USD. How's the PE product on the A340 these days?
Just flew it this week FRA>MCO.
  • Comfy seat with good recline
  • Not isolated from economy (I mean there's a mini divider above the seats but sitting in the last row of PE I was still encroaching on the economy row behind me when reclining)
  • Marginally better catering (they still didn't offer drink service between the two meals on a 10 hour flight)
It was pleasant but nothing special.
yogibearla likes this.
Old Nov 17, 2021, 2:23 pm

Programs: A3*G,BA Silver
Originally Posted by yogibearla
Can you bid for the upgrade? I think the bid would be significant cheaper and you will probably has good chances to upgrade. I wouldnt pay more than 200 euros/dollars for an upgrade to PE. Also as a reference I flew Madrid to Mexico 3 weeks ago and the check in upgrade price from Economy to PE was 100 euros. Thats as cheap as it gets but it was with Iberia.
Old Nov 17, 2021, 7:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by ermis177
Can you bid for the upgrade? I think the bid would be significant cheaper and you will probably has good chances to upgrade. I wouldnt pay more than 200 euros/dollars for an upgrade to PE. Also as a reference I flew Madrid to Mexico 3 weeks ago and the check in upgrade price from Economy to PE was 100 euros. Thats as cheap as it gets but it was with Iberia.
If the TATL is issued under the UA flight number, the passenger wouldn't be able to bid. As the passenger is on a 016- ticket that's the most likeliest case.
Although, still there is a possibility that his ticket was issued under the LH marketed flight numbers.
Old Nov 21, 2021, 10:02 am

Programs: FB Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite
CUN-VIE on OS metal for tonight 480 EUR fixed price Y-J
romans likes this.
Old Nov 21, 2021, 10:05 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by 747jetter
CUN-VIE on OS metal for tonight 480 EUR fixed price Y-J
Not bad, I would think!
Old Nov 21, 2021, 10:15 am

Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
Not bad, I would think!
Yup, I would take it, as OS P credits miles to my preferred FFP but I am not travelling. The rest of group, on CUN-LIS-VIE, received offer from Y to J for 1400 EUR each
Old Nov 21, 2021, 10:17 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by 747jetter
Yup, I would take it, as OS P credits miles to my preferred FFP but I am not travelling. The rest of group, on CUN-LIS-VIE, received offer from Y to J for 1400 EUR each
Does OS fly CUN-LIS-VIE then?
Old Nov 21, 2021, 11:04 am

Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
Does OS fly CUN-LIS-VIE then?
Nah, that is for diff airline ofc.
Old Nov 23, 2021, 1:43 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by oliver2002
The 30% off on fixed price upgrades has been introduced again. Valid till July 31,2021. See attached.
ANother 30% off campaign is on.
Old Nov 23, 2021, 5:20 pm

Originally Posted by oliver2002
ANother 30% off campaign is on.
Do you happen to have the pdf with rules and restrictions like previously? Thanks!
Old Dec 7, 2021, 8:41 am

SFO-FRA W to P $540, took it. (PE was $500)
Is it normal that there are no fixed price offers for F (after upgrading to P)? Flight is F3A3, 5 days out and bidding to F is available.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.