Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

Allegris: New Cabin for the LH Group in 2023-25 (LX A330 LH A359/B748/B789)

Allegris: New Cabin for the LH Group in 2023-25 (LX A330 LH A359/B748/B789)

Old Feb 21, 2017, 11:07 pm

Programs: LH Miles and More, DL SkyMiles, Bonvoy, Hilton
Originally Posted by whiskey_sk
...the tie most definitely is!!!
Not exactly on-topic, but if you are interested, go search the NYC Transit Museum Store, or send me a PM and I will send a direct link to where you can get the tie.

Very helpful when meeting someone for the first time in a public place.
Old Feb 23, 2017, 7:22 am
gum

Programs: LH Blue, BA Blue, Hyatt Gold
Originally Posted by djsflynn
It is rather early in the cycle, true, but wasn't exactly a big 'announcement' - I had an interview with Carsten Spohr, asked him about plans for first and business class and the 777-9X, and he just shared the info (that's why it's not been reported anywhere else to date, as far as I can see, as it wasn't part of an official press release or such).
[...]
It would be fine if you could summarize what he has said about First Class on the 777-9X! Additional to the info in your article?

Last edited by gum; Feb 24, 2017 at 3:51 am
Old Mar 9, 2017, 4:48 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
A few announcements at the ITB this week:

So the decision about the seat manufacturer seems to have been made. Someone immediately asked if this means LH is going for the Recaro 6710
Old May 15, 2017, 12:00 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

It seems the vendor for the new seat has been decided and the 777X team is now in full customisation mode in order to get the supply chain slowly going by early 2018.

My bet is on a modified Recaro CL 6710: http://de.recaro-as.com/produkte/bus...ss/cl6710.html
Old May 15, 2017, 12:53 pm

Programs: LH HON, QF CL, SQ TPPS, AF Plat, VS Gold, VA Plat, EK Gold, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist, Marriott Plat
Seems like a safe bet.

Australian Business Traveler has an article on it today:
https://www.ausbt.com.au/lufthansa-next-gen-business-class-to-have-direct-aisle-access
Old May 16, 2017, 12:41 am

Programs: 1 thousand
Economy will beyond a doubt be 3-4-3 given the wider cabin, at least it won't be as bad as the LX-777-beast config.

CL6710 seems like a slightly inefficient choice but it is arguably almost like Polaris.

But an app for seats? ...?
Old May 16, 2017, 1:16 am

Programs: UA Platinum, AF, Chase, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by oliver2002
It seems the vendor for the new seat has been decided and the 777X team is now in full customisation mode in order to get the supply chain slowly going by early 2018.

My bet is on a modified Recaro CL 6710: http://de.recaro-as.com/produkte/bus...ss/cl6710.html
Though that Australian Business Traveler says it's going to be an all-new design, so that probably means they aren't going with anything off the shelf. (Interesting too that the article doesn't mention SN getting the seat.)

As a reference, I don't think the Acumen Optima generic seat came out until after the UA Polaris seat was announced first.

With that said, my guess is also on LH going for a similar higher density seat like that — something that has direct aisle access while still packing them in at a higher density than reverse herringbone.
Old May 16, 2017, 9:13 am

Programs: LH SEN; BA Gold
Originally Posted by televisor
Economy will beyond a doubt be 3-4-3 given the wider cabin, at least it won't be as bad as the LX-777-beast config.
Don't expect too much. We are talking about a couple of inches/centimetres. The fuselage diameter won't change and the gained cabin width results form optimising insulation and cabin walls.

BTW: No surprise that LH will go with 3-4-3. Both OS and LX already use that configuration on their T7s.
Old May 16, 2017, 1:40 pm

Programs: LH M&M
I'm kinda hoping that whatever the new seat is, the cushion won't have a habit of deflating mid-flight. Happened to me twice on LH, once on LX...
Old May 16, 2017, 5:04 pm

Programs: 1 thousand
Originally Posted by WorldLux
Don't expect too much. We are talking about a couple of inches/centimetres. The fuselage diameter won't change and the gained cabin width results form optimising insulation and cabin walls.

BTW: No surprise that LH will go with 3-4-3. Both OS and LX already use that configuration on their T7s.
Oh I'm not expecting much. But at the 777 3-4-3 seat width every single cm is noticeable.
Old May 16, 2017, 9:59 pm

Originally Posted by char777
As a reference, I don't think the Acumen Optima generic seat came out until after the UA Polaris seat was announced first.
That's correct: Acumen developed the concept, first take-up was UA for Polaris who get US airline rights atop (I believe) a period of exclusivity; Zodiac now has the same design licence for Optima on a worldwide non-US basis.

Originally Posted by char777
With that said, my guess is also on LH going for a similar higher density seat like that — something that has direct aisle access while still packing them in at a higher density than reverse herringbone.
That'd be my expectation also... however, a few times in the interview HH spoke of flexibility in not just cabin config but selling... now two years back, I did an interview with hotshot cabin designers PriestmanGoode in which one of its directors said something they were looking at was a more flexible style of cabin layout almost with 'sliding walls' to turn a space from solo to duo to quad, to make it more private... while that could be a bit 'out there' for LH, we've seen a hint at what this could be in QR's new Qsuite business class so I'd not rule out something more than just a new 'seat'.
Old May 17, 2017, 1:26 am

LH got burned badly with Recaro using a seat that was completely new. B/E Aerospace barely managed to deliver enough seats during the initial retrofit. Zodiac currently has a bad reputation, as they acquired too many units too fast. Some on the current C team did the last C and the PE project, so the experience will carry over. Considering they have to line- and retrofit 100+ widebodies in 2-3 years, LH Group will go for a conservative design concept.
Old May 17, 2017, 9:54 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Zodiac currently has a bad reputation, as they acquired too many units too fast.
Entirely well deserved. Seat production issues are holding up delivery of UA's 77Ws. And of course AA terminated their contract with Zodiac (772 retrofits) for similar issues. And CX is making them redo their first four 350s due to poor QC.
Old Sep 26, 2017, 12:51 pm

Programs: EY Guest Platinum; A3 Gold; Delta Platinum, BA Silver, IHG Gold
The new Lufthansa Business Class - first pictures.

A German Blog called Frankfurtflyer released first pictures of the new Lufthansa Business Class. They believe, that this might show the new business class product.

http://www.frankfurtflyer.de/wird-di...ss-eine-suite/

The article says, that they found the pictures on the official website of the aircraft interior design company lufthansa is working with.

It seems that it is a fully closed suite similar to Qatar or Delta.

What do you think? Is this realistic?
Old Sep 26, 2017, 3:24 pm

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
If today wasn’t April 1st for sure, I would have tought it is April fools day joke

I 100% doubt that LH will install such seats in J class for their 777-9.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.