Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

Allegris: New Cabin for the LH Group in 2023-25 (LX A330 LH A359/B748/B789)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Allegris: New Cabin for the LH Group in 2023-25 (LX A330 LH A359/B748/B789)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2023, 5:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by Patrickschmidt
Sounds like there are not sold on this idea at all.
Seems ONLY LH & LX executives are
Old Mar 8, 2023, 11:20 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Oneworld Silver
Originally Posted by MichielR
…just 3 mistakes.

1: at least 5 years too late
2: F should have been 1:2:1. One row in some, two rows in other aircraft
3: C should be a standardized product not the 24 different seat configurations they are trying to monetize. Now you have no idea what seats you will get (other than what is already industry standard lie flat with aisle access) unless you pay extra
Agree, and just confirms my approach going forward. I don’t have to fly LHG but have done so in the past because I wanted to. For interkont flights, I’ll be using different carriers in future unless they change their plan again (seems unlikely just now.)
Greg45, chris63 and pdeut like this.
Old Mar 10, 2023, 7:50 am

Have they given any indications as to when it'll be flying, on any aircraft?

Of the current fleet, it's only the 747-8i that's going to get it and the Swiss 77Ws? What about the existing 2-2-2 A350s?

So the A330s, A340s (of all varieties), and A380s won't see the product, plus OS will have to wait for the 789s?

This is going to to be the slowest product roll out in aviation history.
Old Mar 10, 2023, 8:02 am

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
Originally Posted by Dave_C
This is going to to be the slowest product roll out in aviation history.
It already is by quite some time. The first post in this thread is from 2015
chris63, hhdl and LEON_ like this.
Old Mar 10, 2023, 8:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MichielR
It already is by quite some time. The first post in this thread is from 2015
Thats LHG, breaking records & all for the wrong reasons
demue and MichielR like this.
Old Mar 10, 2023, 11:53 am

Programs: M&M Senator
Originally Posted by Patrickschmidt
I have a chat about the new product with the crew during my last flight. They said, that it will be a nightmare in case of irregularities or emergency. Especially in business where some middle seats have access to the left and some to the right.
Sounds like there are not sold on this idea at all.
A box with no windows - why does it make me think of one of those transit hotels that used to sell 'rooms' which were the size of the bed and only high enough to sit up in?

I certainly like the fact of having a 5.5 foot high sliding 'door'. Anything higher? I'd be afraid that in case of an emergency someone would forget to check...
Old Mar 11, 2023, 9:39 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by HKG1111
Wait for M&M changes 2025 - I am almost certain that only HONs will be able to book a M&M ticket in the new FCL. FB has started with their FB Plat already. SQ had this in the past when they introduced their Suite - no to very limited upgrade/miles tickets
FWIW: FB Platinum is equivalent to M&M SEN rather than HON. They have their own FB Platinum Ultimate which would like to be what HON is for M&M.

I don't know if LH will change availability but I certainly expect the award pricing to shoot to the moon when dynamic pricing goes online.
Old Mar 12, 2023, 12:11 am

I'm wondering what kind of customers they're expecting to actually fly on the new first class.

Obviously, any family or group with five or more people cannot book. A family with four can book if two of them are willing to share a suite, and if no suites are currently booked, but otherwise not. Even a family of three won't be able to book if one suite's already taken. A couple can fly together if they're willing to share the suite, but in separate suites they won't even see and be able to talk to each other.

Which basically leaves full-fare single travelers. But while a family with discounted tickets is unlikely to change their reservation, single travelers on full-fare tickets are the most likely to change at short notice. If, on the day before the booked flight, the single traveler realizes that they need one or two more days at the destination, they're unlikely to find available seats at such short notice. Which forces them to cancel altogether and rather book with a competing airline. And the cancelled seat will go unsold.

With a cabin of only three seats, and with sales basically limited to full-fare single travelers, I suspect that it will frequently actually go out empty.
mercflight, chris63 and EJJBHX like this.
Old Mar 12, 2023, 1:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by RedChili
With a cabin of only three seats, and with sales basically limited to full-fare single travelers, I suspect that it will frequently actually go out empty.
Could this be the plan ? No demand for F anymore, so we scrapped it ……
Old Apr 29, 2023, 5:30 pm

Programs: M&M,M&B,AMC,HH
Anyone up for a trip to “Lufthansa Allegris Truck Roadshow Germany”?
Old Apr 30, 2023, 6:01 am

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, SQ PPS Solitaire
Originally Posted by chris63
Could this be the plan ? No demand for F anymore, so we scrapped it ……
Sometimes people tend to forget that airlines need to allocate their real estate in the air in a way that maximises turnover. Most airlines understand that only few people are willing to pay for full fare F so they cut down the offer from up to 16 to something from 3.5 (LH Allegris) to 6 (SQ Suites). AF F, SQ F have four seats.

Airlines should eliminate A and O and then the noise is over.
Old Apr 30, 2023, 8:04 am

Just look what is happening at AF. 4 seats only. Excellent product and excellent connecting experience in CDG. I just checked STR-LAX in the next few weeks. Prices are usually around double compared to LH or LX and it is sold out on many days. There is a market for this.
chris63 and hhdl like this.
Old Apr 30, 2023, 11:13 am

Programs: LX HON***, FB Silver, BA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt GP, Hertz Gold, GHA Black
Originally Posted by Unterwegs
Just look what is happening at AF. 4 seats only. Excellent product and excellent connecting experience in CDG. I just checked STR-LAX in the next few weeks. Prices are usually around double compared to LH or LX and it is sold out on many days. There is a market for this.
looking at the business results of AF-KL they need all Euros :-) On a serious note, yes you can limit the product and increase the price but this is not the airlines strategy. They want a full house and hopefully with a lot of early bookings. Limiting the FCL will have an impact on CCL traveller being less loyal and rather jump to other airlines (which often are cheaper in CCL). LH has a big CCL to fill, and you will see prices going down if people being less loyal. I doubt the AF concept is something what other airlines should copy.
chris63, EJJBHX and LEON_ like this.
Old May 2, 2023, 6:00 am
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by SMK77
Airlines should eliminate A and O and then the noise is over.
They almost have (A). Was looking at a few options for early next year and came out empty on the routes I wanted.
Old May 2, 2023, 10:34 am

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, SQ PPS Solitaire
Originally Posted by DownUnderFlyer
They almost have (A). Was looking at a few options for early next year and came out empty on the routes I wanted.
We all enjoyed flying F for next to no money but at some point the party is over. Revenue management was gaslighting people how sophisticated they were pre-Covid and they learnt some valuable lessons post-Covid. Offering only F seems to work as cabins are full. LH appears to only add some A in the weeks before departure and even then only one or two seats when the cabins are empty.
gru_muc likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.