Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Dubai–Frankfurt in Business Class on the B744. What to expect?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2015, 9:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: TK Elite Plus, SAS EBG, QR Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Dubai–Frankfurt in Business Class on the B744. What to expect?

I rarely fly Lufthansa these days, but I've noticed that they have plenty of Business Class availability from Dubai to Frankfurt this spring, so I'd might give them a try since I haven't flown the new Business Class yet.

The flight is fairly short at 6h 50m, and it departs at 1.50am. So I'm wondering how the service is like on this flight. Will I get a full dinner or just an Economy Class tray in Business Class? Also how is the upper deck on the newly configured B744, and am I able to get my boarding pass to my iPhone so that I don't have to queue up at Terminal 1?

Thanks for the help!
Old Nov 25, 2015, 12:18 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
A light dinner (snack) after takeoff and a breakfast as you will find on this menu.
http://lh-menu.de/download/2015--11-12/C/631

A seatmap of the upper deck of B744 may be found here.
http://www.lufthansa.com/ae/en/Seat_maps_B747-400
Old Nov 25, 2015, 1:03 pm
Original Poster

That's a real bummer. I personally prefer a proper dinner after takeoff and then skip breakfast in order to maximize sleep.
Old Nov 25, 2015, 1:17 pm

Programs: A3*G - AZ CFP- HH DIA
Originally Posted by LH4116
That's a real bummer. I personally prefer a proper dinner after takeoff and then skip breakfast in order to maximize sleep.
So do I.

Take a connecting flight to India (MAA / BLR / DEL / BOM) and you will get a proper dinner and some more sleep with a flight time of 8-9 hours .
Old Nov 25, 2015, 11:44 pm

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
Just to add that OLCI and mobile BP is available ex DXB.

By the way, why dinner at 3 am?
Old Nov 25, 2015, 11:52 pm

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
A light dinner (snack) after takeoff and a breakfast as you will find on this menu.
http://lh-menu.de/download/2015--11-12/C/631

Thanks for sharing the seat map. What are those weird things at, for example, 11G, 84A, and 5AC?
Old Nov 25, 2015, 11:54 pm

The flight is far too short to have enough sleep and eat anything. I eat beforehand on these overnights and just go to sleep as soon as the seatbelt sign is turned off. Even then, I still feel a lack of sleep by the time I wake up for landing (and normally end up skipping breakfast in favour of breakfast at the lounge upon arrival).
Originally Posted by 747FC
Thanks for sharing the seat map. What are those weird things at, for example, 11G, 84A, and 5AC?
I'm assuming you're talking about the diagram of the seat fully reclined in bed position?
Old Nov 26, 2015, 4:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Contrary to what LH states with this seatmap, there is only one toilet on the upper deck for 22 C passengers!
Quite ridiculous if you ask me.
A couple of days ago I had to stand in line next to rows 80 and 81 and wait 15 minutes before being able to use this facility.
Economy class experience at Business class pricing!
Old Nov 26, 2015, 5:52 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Rambuster
Contrary to what LH states with this seatmap, there is only one toilet on the upper deck for 22 C passengers!
As far as I know there have always been two toilets in the front of the upper deck of the 744. One of them was (and still is) for crew use.

What they've done is to remove the toilet at the back near the stairs so they can squeeze in two more Business seats.

Old Nov 26, 2015, 6:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
Yes, the second toilet at the back (in front of the galley) is gone.
Only one toilet in the front is for pax use. The second on is behind a locked door where crewrest areas are and the cockpit.
I flew BKK-FRA-DUS on Monday night after LH reinstated the night time rotation.
However, I think I will stick to OS BKK-VIE-DUS in future, as I have done in the past 2 years.
LH C is nothing to write home about.
Old Nov 26, 2015, 10:31 am

Originally Posted by stargold
I'm assuming you're talking about the diagram of the seat fully reclined in bed position?
Any particular reason why the map only shows a few of these seats fully reclined? I assume they all fully recline?
Old Nov 26, 2015, 10:35 am
Original Poster

I ended up booking Ethiopian Airlines instead. Longer routing = more time to enjoy the service onboard, and get a proper night's sleep on their Dreamliner. Also the taxes via ADD were a bit lower than via FRA. And I don't have to endure NEK or the bad food Lufthansa serve intra Europe.
Old Nov 26, 2015, 10:35 am

Originally Posted by 747FC
Any particular reason why the map only shows a few of these seats fully reclined? I assume they all fully recline?
Just for illustration purposes, I would guess. After all, it would look quite confusing if they showed that for all the seats because you couldn't tell where each of the seats are

Last edited by stargold; Nov 27, 2015 at 12:14 pm Reason: To quote post being replied to, for clarity
Old Nov 26, 2015, 10:48 am

....availability from Dubai to Frankfurt this spring...
I ended up booking Ethiopian Airlines instead. Longer routing = more time to enjoy the service onboard, and get a proper night's sleep on their Dreamliner. Also the taxes via ADD were a bit lower than via FRA. And I don't have to endure NEK or the bad food Lufthansa serve intra Europe.
Just how do you avoid FRA on a DXB-FRA itinerary?
Old Nov 26, 2015, 1:15 pm

And I don't have to endure NEK or the bad food Lufthansa serve intra Europe.
How often have you got bad food in LH Business Class?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.