Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LH Coming to SJC / San Jose

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2018, 3:16 pm

Programs: Does it matter any more?
Any recent experiences on LH488? The seat map on lufthansa.com shows rows 10-16 as "Premium" seats that cost more, configured as 2-4-2. OTOH, seat guru shows rows 10-16 in a 2-3-2.
Old Jun 18, 2018, 7:49 pm

Programs: Does it matter any more?
Originally Posted by legionnaire
Any recent experiences on LH488? The seat map on lufthansa.com shows rows 10-16 as "Premium" seats that cost more, configured as 2-4-2. OTOH, seat guru shows rows 10-16 in a 2-3-2.
Rows 10-16 are configured 2-4-2 with a small premium economy cabin in front of this. These planes were definitely more comfortable in economy width-wise as compared to main-line economy on LH where in my experiments, my elbows would end up sticking half way into my neighbor's lap. Though Seatguru shows both this A340-400 and the 747-8 on mainline having the same seat width of 17". Premium Economy on the A340-400 is narrower at 18" than the 747-8.
Old Oct 5, 2018, 3:52 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Its seems SJC is abruptly ending with the Summer 2018 schedule.
Old Oct 5, 2018, 5:57 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Interesting. Did they provide any reason? I'm guessing there will be some sort of explanation in their communication to shareholders towards the end of Q4.
Old Oct 5, 2018, 7:00 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Previously SJC was supposed to be seasonal, operating only in summer. This year they said it will be all year, this week that was revised.
Old Oct 5, 2018, 10:23 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold
Incidentally, Air China is also ending SJC-PVG
Old Oct 5, 2018, 1:03 pm

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Thank you for the heads up. Unfortunately, I have a trip booked for two from ZRH-FRA-SJC return over this coming Christmas/New Year. I was rebooked to SFO instead which isn't as convenient. If I were to fly to SFO, I would rather fly direct ZRH-SFO on LX. Is it possible to be rebooked to LX's flight in this instance? Am I entitled to any compensation as I really prefer SJC.

Last edited by MitzEclipse; Oct 5, 2018 at 1:08 pm
Old Oct 5, 2018, 1:06 pm

I’m booked on FRA-SJC in the summer 2019, so affected by this axe.
Have been rebooked on SFO but really doesn’t suit me for various reasons, organizing onward travel etc.
i know that being rebooked on BA’s SJC flight is probably not going to happen this far out, is there any way to somehow get rebooked onto BA?
Old Oct 5, 2018, 1:10 pm

Originally Posted by MitzEclipse
Thank you for the heads up. Unfortunately, I have a trip booked for two from ZRH-FRA-SJC return over this coming Christmas/New Year. I was rebooked to SFO instead which isn't as convinent. Am I entitled to any compensation as I really prefer SJC.
oh, we were writing about similar problems simultaneously!
well, you are entitled to a refund but like you, I’m more interested in arriving at SJC. BA would be a good solution but seems like they only rebook on Star Alliance this far out...
Old Oct 6, 2018, 2:01 am

Just called Expedia Switzerland (ticket booked via them) and asked if it's possible to go ZRH-SFO direct on LX instead of via FRA on LH. They checked their policy and as it's changing the number of stops, they have to call LX. Unfortunately LX Switzerland apparently only provides email support to Expedia, not telephone support, and therefore they will send an email and they'll call me back. Very frustrating as I'm not sure if this will go into a black hole. I'll check back on Monday.
Old Oct 6, 2018, 2:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Ask for refund and book new tickets with LX to SFO?

You are not going to be rebooked OAL (to BA etc) this far out - forget it!
Old Oct 6, 2018, 2:35 am

Originally Posted by SK AAR
Ask for refund and book new tickets with LX to SFO?

You are not going to be rebooked OAL (to BA etc) this far out - forget it!
Flying into SJC still is my first preference (hence booked in the first place) and would even fly BA if required.
But given it's so far out, I totally understand why not an option
Next preference would be to fly ZRH-SFO direct on LX instead of going ZRH-FRA-SFO on LH. Is this possible?
Old Oct 6, 2018, 5:50 am

If you prefer BA, cancel your current ticket, get a full refund of what you paid, and then book the flight on BA. The BA fares shouldn't be insanely priced this far out.
Old Oct 6, 2018, 9:54 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by MitzEclipse
Next preference would be to fly ZRH-SFO direct on LX instead of going ZRH-FRA-SFO on LH. Is this possible?
I think if you had booked with LH, it would have been done easily. But since you booked with Expedia, I have no idea if it will be possible.
Old Oct 6, 2018, 11:08 am

Originally Posted by mmff
If you prefer BA, cancel your current ticket, get a full refund of what you paid, and then book the flight on BA. The BA fares shouldn't be insanely priced this far out.
in my case I booked the ex-Spain P class promo last week for €1382, so only way I am willing to refund and book BA is if they do a promo...maybe I’ll just keep this booking as it is and wait for next BA promo.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.